The bitter truth or the sweet lie...

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Jongin sat in the cab, on his way home, he couldn't help the fat drops of tears that rolled down his cheeks profusely. 


"I'm sorry Kyungsoo. I'm so so sorry." 


He was in a dilemma. His heart was telling him to tell Kyungsoo everything and bear the consequences of his mistakes while his mind was telling him to not tell Kyungsoo anything and just forget about what happened. Afterall what Kyungsoo doesn't know, won't hurt him. It felt like his brain was splitting into two. As much as he wanted to be completely honest to Kyungsoo, he could potentially lose Kyungsoo forever if he did that. And Jongin sure as hell didn't want that. But the guilt of not telling Kyungsoo would eat him up alive. Would he even be able to face Kyungsoo after this?  


"Sir, we have reached your destination." The taxi drivers voice snapped him out of his thoughts. He paid the driver and started walking towards his home. Home. He let out a bitter chuckle after realizing that this might not even be his home after today. Still, he brush away all the negative thoughts and trudged on. He had made up his mind. He was going to tell Kyungsoo the truth. They were fiancées for goodness sake. If they were going to get married, Jongin didn't want their marriage to be based on a lie. 


With that thought in mind, Jongin raised his knuckles to knock on the door. 


Knock...knock... The hollow echo of knuckles rapping on the door suddenly sounded deafening to him. He felt sweat cascading down his forehead as the silence stretched out and no one answered the door. He knocked a few more times before his body got into panic mode and he started rummaging for the key he knows Kyungsoo leaves near the plant at the doorstep. Hundreds of reasons flew through his head over why Kyungsoo  wasn't opening the door and none of them were positive. When he finally got hold of the key, he opened the door, albeit clumsily. 


"Kyungsoo! Where are you?" It was like his words fell on deaf ears as he continued searching the rooms for his fiancé. 


It wasn't until he reached the kitchen that he dropped to the floor at the sight which greeted him. Kyungsoo was lying motionless on the floor with his breathing close to none. 


"KYUNGSOO! Love, wake up! What happened to you? Kyungsoo please!! Wake up!!" He continued shaking Kyungsoo as he tried to awake him. Without him even realizing, he had started tearing. He put a hand on Kyungsoo's back for support and another hand under his knees and lifted him up. He carried him to his car and sped off to the nearest hospital uncaring of traffic rules and road safety. 

    

 

                                                          *~*

 

 


Jongin was now waiting outside the hospital room becaue the doctor wouldn't let him in! He felt seven seas away from the love of his life even though it was actually only a single door seperaing them. He was praying to whichever h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter