Ankle pt. 2

MMM one-shots

More blue emotions. May or may not have a part 3. 


 

Moonbyul had gone to the toilet to erase any evidence of her crying after she thanked the maknae for lending her shoulder. With her eyes and nose red, she figured that she couldn't possibly hide it from her members. She washed her face thoroughly with the clean water, effectively removing any traces of her face make-up. At the very least, she should get rid of the redness in her eyes before leaving the toilet so she relentlessly washed her face a few more times. Checking her appearance in the mirror, she let out a dry laugh.

 

After removing her make-up, everything that was concealed behind it surfaced; her pale complexion and the eye-bags that gets more prominent each day. Considering their busy schedule and her own filming schedule for the upcoming web drama, she has been losing hours of sleep more than usual but factoring in her reality as a celebrity, she didn’t complain. This lifestyle may take awhile for her to adjust but she will learn to adapt to it and hopefully it won’t be too far in the future. Blinking, she chuckled inward for being dramatic and too serious.

 

I should stop this inner monologue. I’m just going to tire myself out even more.

 

She went out and found the leader-maknae duo outside, sitting side by side being love dovey. Upon closer look, she saw their entwined hands and somehow she felt something stirring inside of her.

 

“Yah! Why are the two of you like this? What about my Wheein?”

 

“Byul-ah!”

 

“Byulie-unnie, Wheein is mine!”

 

“But seriously, where is she? Is she okay?”

 

“The doctor is doing a further examination on her ankle. There’s no update yet,” Solar answered.

 

“Oh.”

 

“The two of you are really frustrating! Brighten up please? Don’t make my Wheein worry about the two of you too,” Hwasa complained as she pulled Moonbyul to a seat by her side.

 

Hearing the maknae’s whiny voice and protectiveness was enough to make the two smile, albeit small but sincere. They patiently wait together at the waiting area with the maknae in the middle, holding both Moonbyul’s and Solar’s hands. Just by doing that, it felt like every burden and concerns that they were carrying previously got lighter and they could handle anything as long as they are together.

 

After a few more minutes of waiting, their manager returned back to the waiting room just as the doctor was out of the examination room. The three members were on their feet as soon as he called out for Jung Whee In’s guardian.

 

“As I had said before, her ankle injury worsened. Fortunately, the ligament in her ankle was not torn but any more pressure applied on the ankle would have torn it. For now, she needs a cast on her foot and I’ll set an appointment where I’ll decide if she could take it off then. It’s advisable that she don’t put any pressure on the foot and rest adequately. The nurse will soon her out,” the doctor explained.

 

Before the members could say a word, their manager asked if she could speak privately with the doctor. He didn’t expect it but agreed as he showed her to his office.  

 

Solar had a gist of what their manager wanted to discuss with the doctor but didn’t bother saying anything to the other two. She had a feeling that it’ll be too much for them to handle if she spoke her mind so they just stood where they were and waited for Wheein to be escorted out.

 

“Unnie! Hwasa-ya!”

 

Wheein waved from the wheelchair she was sitting on as she was being wheeled out by the nurse. The three of them went closer to her and Moonbyul moved to the back and switched with the nurse, thanking her for her service. The sight of her right foot in a cast broke their hearts but they tried their best not to show it on their faces so as not to worry her.

 

“Where’s manager-unnie?”

 

“She just went somewhere, probably the toilet.”

 

Moonbyul and Hwasa were surprised at the lie but didn’t tell Wheein otherwise. They both thought that she must have a very good reason for lying to Wheein. They knew that being a leader comes with a great responsibility and at times it might feel like a huge burden. It didn’t matter how many people were in the group, when you’re appointed a leader, you’re entrusted with the well-being of the team and to maintain the teamwork within the group. When Solar is being a leader, she will feel slightly detached and very guarded and all of them knew that it was causing her pain. She wouldn’t share anything and keep everything bottled up in her. Whatever pranks and jokes they pull on her, they swore that they would never cross the line and never disturb her whenever she’s in a leader mode. It is times like this that they wished for her to depend more on them and to share the pain together.

 

“Wheein-ah, do you want anything to eat? Drink? The unnies will buy for you,” Hwasa offered as she kneeled in front of her.

 

“What are…”

 

“Just say a word and we’ll even go to the end of the world to buy it. What do you want to eat?”

 

“Then, I want kimbap!”

 

Moonbyul nodded at the request and dragged Solar with her to the hospital’s cafeteria, leaving behind the maknae-line. Solar would walk by herself so she didn’t understand why Moonbyul have to drag her around. She was starting to get annoyed that the younger didn’t say a word to explain her behavior so she tried releasing her arm from Moonbyul’s grip rather easily. They stopped walking and just stood there with Solar standing a few steps behind Moonbyul in the dimmed hallway.

 

“Yongsun-unnie, it’s just the two of us here. I won’t even look so it’s okay not to be okay.”

 

Two steps closer, she rested her head onto Moonbyul’s back and let down her guard. Overwhelmed by her responsibility as a leader, she didn’t have the time to be worried and upset about Wheein as a friend. As a leader, all she could think of was how they could manage the events scheduled for the day after and the next week and the week after with Wheein’s injury in the way. She acted befittingly like a leader and assessed the situation as rationally as possible and this hurts her more than one would imagine. She sounded like a cold person, void of emotion and somewhat heartless when she’s really not. She wanted to be a friend first before she was a leader but the title was too heavy on her shoulders. Crying silently on Moonbyul’s back was not Solar but Kim Yongsun, a friend of Jung Whee In.

 

 

 

 


I'm not sure where this is headed. It's hard for me to write beagle-MAMAMOO so somehow my oneshots swerve to this type of direction