Ankle pt. 1

MMM one-shots

The chapter is self-explanatory. I've got WheeByul, WheeSun (Angel-line), HwaByul and HwaSun in this.. not my forte but i try to deliver. 


 

A searing pain shot past her as she completed the dance move of their final song, Mr Ambiguous. Solar had noticed how her face contorted in pain, before returning to a stoic expression, as she hit the high note at the end and was worried. As soon as they got off stage, Wheein succumbed to her pain and stumble forwards but was caught by her best friend, Hwasa, who was visibly shocked. The other two members began to crowd around her, worried that she might have worsen her injury from before.

Solar, being the sensible leader, called out to their manager and informed her of the situation.

"She might have to go to the hospital."

Their manager looked hesitant and was considering asking their team leader but the stern look from Solar knocked some sense into her and she agreed immediately. They all agreed that they will all go together with Wheein to the hospital and Moonbyul offered to carry Wheein into their van.

"Buckle up everyone!"

Wheein bit her lower lips to keep herself whimpering from the pain and her eyes teared up whenever her ankle was lifted throughout the bumpy ride. Hwasa saw this and got Solar's rainbow blanket under her foot to cushion the impact and her best friend gave a small smile, thankful for the gesture. The leader was in the front seat to help navigate their manager because it was dark outside and another pair of eyes would help.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Moonbyul wordlessly carried her bridal-style out of the car carefully into the emergency room. Wheein gripped onto her sleeve to bear with the pain and Moonbyul tightened her hold on her. She gritted her teeth to stop herself from crying and managed to get a doctor to have a look at Wheein's ankle before her own two legs buckled from exhaustion. Whatever energy she had was sapped from her and she stayed on the floor to calm her racing heart.

"Byul-ah."

She looked up to see a worried Solar and she gave a tired smile, "I'm just tired. The doctor's looking at her now."

Solar was hesitant but she went over to where Wheein was to know what had happened to the younger girl.

"Byulie-unnie," the maknae said as she extended her hand to her.

Moonbyul pulled herself up with the help of the youngest and she was surprised when Hwasa hugged her.

"She's going to be fine."

Hearing that, whatever wall or tough façade she had up was broken down. She hid her face on Hwasa's shoulder as she cried and let everything out. The exhaustion, the stress and everything that she had bottled up inside of her was erupting and she can't stop herself from showing her weakness to the maknae.

Hwasa pat her back and her back as an attempt to comfort her. It was heartbreaking to see the usually calm and collected person having a breakdown and while she has expected that Moonbyul had a fragile and tender heart, she didn't have any idea how to handle the person in her embrace. By lending a shoulder to cry on, she hoped that Moonbyul would gain strength and that she would never shy away from them whenever she had a hard time.

Solar couldn't bear to see neither Wheein’s face nor her ankle so she just focused on the doctor but she couldn't block out Wheein's whimpers of pain. She crumpled her hand to a fist and her knuckles turned white by her side. She can't imagine how difficult it must be for Wheein as she endured the pain and enthusiastically perform. She had a bright smile on her face so no one would have guessed at what point did the pain had become unbearable. Solar began to blame herself for not noticing it earlier.

"Are you her guardian?"

It took a second for Solar to reply because she believed that she had no right to call herself that but answered anyway.

"Yes, I'm responsible for her."

"From what I see, her ankle had been injured before."

"Ah yes. It's from a few weeks ago."

"The injury has not properly healed and it seemed to have worsened."

"How bad is it?"

"I'll have to take an X-ray of her ankle to diagnose further," the doctor explained.

"Please take care of her," Solar bowed to the doctor.

The doctor then left to check whether there was any room available at the Radiology department. Wheein was seated on the bed with her leg propped up on a chair while Solar remained where she was standing before, looking everywhere but Wheein.

"I'm fine. It's not your fault," Wheein started.

Solar hung her head low and didn't give her a reply. She felt so sorry that Wheein had to endure the pain all alone the whole time. It took a few minutes for her to muster up her courage and made an eye contact with the younger girl. She could see from her eyes that she was in pain but at the same time reassuring the leader that she will be fine.

I need to pull myself together. Wheein-ie is trying her best so I should do the same. If I crumble here, who will the girls depend on?

With that mindset, Solar took a step forward and another and another towards the hospital bed. She finally reached Wheein and took her hand in hers, clutching tight. When Wheein fell earlier, Solar felt her heart drop and honestly speaking, she was losing her mind. A million thoughts crossed her mind and she was overwhelmed by shock. The only thing that kept her rational was that Wheein needed medical treatment immediately and for that to happen, she must act fast. The effect of the adrenaline that drove her was fading and she could feel fatigue catching up with her.

“We’re moving her to the Radiology department. Miss, you can wait outside while we do the examination,” the doctor came back with a nurse and a wheelchair.

“Thank you doctor,” Solar said as she bowed to the physician.

Solar decided to let the nurse wheel Wheein out and she went to relay the information to her members and their manager. Outside, she could only spot Hwasa and their manager but not Moonbyul. This got her puzzled but she didn’t say anything about it and proceeded to tell them about Wheein’s condition.

“I’ll update our team leader on the situation,” their manager excused herself to make a phone call.

“Byulie-unnie went to the toilet.”

Solar gave a small nod and went to sit at the waiting room, with Hwasa trailing behind her.

“Unnie, are you okay?”

“I’m fine. It’s a long day. How about you?”

“I’m not.”

Solar turned her head as fast as a bullet when she heard her answer. She didn’t expect that answer from her but understood because the one in the wheelchair is her best friend.

“I’ll be okay only when unnie smiles,” Hwasa continued as she rested her head on Solar’s shoulder.

At this, Solar couldn’t stop a smile from gracing her face and she took Hwasa’s hand in hers and entwined them together as she rested her head on Hwasa’s.

“Our maknae is so cute.”

 

 


i admit that it seemed like an over-exaggeration but i've written a 1000+ words and I don't want to change it. sorry! and also it's a little cliche