Envy

MMM one-shots

Moonbyul -> Solar -> Wheein

^_^ 


 

Angel-line. That’s the bond that they share and she really cherished the relationship that she had with the younger girl. They would take care of each other quietly and sometimes they don’t need to communicate to know what either one needed. They’ve maintained it that way and she would wish for nothing more than for it to continue just as it has been – or so she thought.

In her room, her mind would sometimes wander to a certain dimpled girl and she would smile in response. She would be reminded of the time where she had finished a large bowl of rice because the younger girl didn’t like it. They would do vocal practice together, Solar on the piano and she will be harmonizing alongside of her. Her mellow voice would fill her heart and she would effortlessly hit the high note, impressing the younger of the two.

“Yongsun-unnie!”

“O.. Oh, Byul-ah. Why are you calling me?”

“You promised that you’d cook today’s dinner. Why are you lying here? It’s almost dinner time.”

“Oh, sorry. I lost track of the time,” she said as she sat up from her bed and headed for the kitchen.

Moonbyul followed her from behind and made sure that she’s starting to prep for dinner. After she was sure, she returned back to living room where Hwasa and Wheein were joking around. Not wanting to get in-between the two best friends, Moonbyul sat on another couch and kept changing the channel to see if anything interesting was on. This goes on for three minutes before she gave up and returned to the kitchen to see if Solar needed any help.

Solar was actually trying to open a can of tomato sauce but she was having trouble and Moonbyul came into the picture at the perfect timing. She took the can from Solar’s grasp and tried to open it but she, too, failed to open the can. Meanwhile, Wheein was searching for more snacks when she saw the situation.

“Byulie-unnie, let me try.”

Surprisingly, Wheein managed to open the can and she handed it over to Solar, who was all smiley. Wheein grabbed a bag of chips from the kitchen cabinet and went back to the living room. Solar was still standing still and smiled at the can of tomato sauce, oblivious of Moonbyul who was making a sour face. She stomped her way to the refrigerator and took out a bottle of water, downing everything in one go, causing her to cough vigorously. Solar snapped from her daydream and went to pat Moonbyul’s back but she just swiftly avoided her hand and escaped from the kitchen to walk into her room.

“Did I do something wrong?” Solar muttered to herself as she got back to her cooking.

Moonbyul was alone, sulking in her room. She was being childish and she knew it but she can’t help but think that Solar was drifting away from her towards Wheein. She knew that she’s being unreasonable because she knew Solar and Wheein had that ‘angel-line’ going on but it felt like Solar’s going too far with it. On the other hand, Moonbyul had no idea where Wheein stood in all of this. It didn’t seem that Wheein was making an effort like what Solar did and it made total nonsense for Moonbyul.

Is she doing *mildang? One time she would fool around with Solar- unnie but other times she would just ignore her and hang out with Hyejin-ie.

Moonbyul messed her hair and gave up on thinking. She decided that going back to the living room wouldn’t help her clear her head so she stayed in her room, earpiece plugged in and listened to an uncompleted song that she’s been composing. The only reason why it’s incomplete was because there were no lyrics but she had a rap written.

Your shadows, your silhouette

Will I see it again? The sight of you together

Not with me but of another person’s

You kept running away, not a glance backwards

I’m frozen, rooted to the ground

When will you take notice of me?

For I’ve been there from the start