Chapter Seven.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Seven.

 

“Kim Jongin!” Sumin caught hold of the tall, dark-haired guy as he walked out of the library, with a backpack hung lazily on one of his shoulders.

 

“Hey!” he greeted the girl as he made his way towards her, half wondering what she’d wanted from him. He was honestly a little distracted from Nayoung’s confession yesterday. He had hoped he told her the right thing to do, though he did feel that Nayoung would have never been in this mess if she had been with him from the beginning. Heck, if he hadn’t waited for so long, none of this would have happened. And Nayoung and he could be possibly dating; Sumin would have never come up with this crappy plan of hers.

 

He was a little ticked off at Sumin as well. Didn’t she think too highly of herself that she had to send her best-friend to turn off some guy? It wasn’t like she was so irresistible that the guy would have latched on to her for an eternity, and neither was Nayoung that much of a clumsy idiot who would repel anyone that comes in contact. Well, clearly that wasn’t true seeing how Sumin’s supposed fiancé was now vying for Nayoung’s attention. Sure, he didn’t know that he had the wrong girl but Jongin was sure that the guy had developed feelings for the girl who was pretending to be his to-be fiancée.

 

“So how are things going between you and my best-friend?” Sumin asked, wriggling her eye-brows, something she did quite often as Jongin had noted.

 

“Yeah, fine.” He shrugged. So, Nayoung hadn’t told her yet, he thought. He only hoped that the girl would follow his advice and reveal the truth to both the guy she loved and her best-friend; because right now she was lying to both of them and if she waited for too long, things would obviously get messy.

 

“Just fine?” Sumin inquired again. “Nayoung seems to be having the time of her life. I only hope that you’d feel the same way, Jongin.”

Sumin was worried that Nayoung might end up getting hurt; she wanted to make sure that Jongin was serious about this.

 

“What are you implying?” Jongin asked her, although he knew very well what she meant. But he couldn’t tell her that it wasn’t him that made Nayoung happy, it was her fiancé.

 

“Please don’t break her heart, that’s all I ask from you.”

 

Jongin could see the sincerity that reflected from Sumin’s eyes, she was indeed a really good friend to Nayoung. And Nayoung was betraying her by keeping the truth from her. “Trust me, that’s the last thing I’d do.”

                                                

                                                                                                               

 ***

 

“So how are things going at College, is it fun?”

Yixing had comfortably laid his head on to Nayoung’s lap while she sat on the couch; he had sneakily managed to do so before the girl could protest. The girl, in fact had started finger-combing his hair, making him smile with triumph. He had to admit it was quite relaxing after a tiring day at work, besides her fruity scent that lingered calmed him down. He liked this; he hoped every day would be like this in the future – when they got married. He would come home to her and she would tell him about her day. He mentally laughed at himself for being so cheesy; he had to blame it on this girl who had managed to turn his world upside down.

 

Work wasn’t his first priority anymore, Nayoung was. He didn’t want to scare the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter