Chapter Twelve.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve.

 

 

Nayoung crumpled the fourth sheet of paper and groaned in frustration. It was nearly 2:00 AM in the morning yet she was figuring out how to write something decent than catching on with some sleep. Yixing would be back today, she had to write the letter somehow. She wondered if he caught on to something, every time he spoke to her on the phone he was worried that something was wrong with her. Of course something was wrong; she wasn’t even the person he thought she was.

This shouldn’t be difficult right? She just had to pour her heart out to the man she loved. He deserved to know the truth. She thought of Yixing, all the time she had spent with him and she could feel her hand automatically jotting down the intended words on a fresh sheet of paper.

A variety of emotions passed through her when she wrote, her aunt was right. People shouldn’t fall in love, it definitely hurt. She had started sobbing now when the words she wrote struck her, she would never meet him again. She wished he would be happy. A part of her wanted him to forgive her and take her back, which was the hopeless side of hers. The other one said how the things she had done were unforgivable and that he was better off without her.

She glanced at the ticking clock on the fall, it was 3:25 AM now but somehow she was wide awake. She didn’t know if she could go to sleep, after all there was a long day ahead of her.

                                                               

                                                                                                                                    ***

“Are you alright, you look awful?”

“Gee, thank you for the compliment Jongin.”

Jongin chuckled slightly at the girl’s sarcastic remark. She seemed like a walking Zombie, with dark circles which could be seen from a mile away.

“I was just concerned, Nayoung-ah.” He cooed, smiling at the sulking girl.

 

“I haven’t been sleeping properly since the past week.”

Jongin nodded, he understood what she was going through.

 

“So you’re done with the letter?”

Nayoung nodded weakly, she would tear up every time she thought of it.

“Nayoung…” Jongin went on.

“Don’t you think it isn’t right to just leave him a letter? I mean… if I were in his place that would break my heart more.”

 

Nayoung shook her head, she had thought this through. It was probably the only way she could tell him the truth.

“I can’t face him Jongin, I can’t. I don’t want my last memory of him to be this way.”

 

“But why are you certain that it’d be the last? If he really loves you, I’m certain he’ll find a way to make this work.”

 

“Didn’t you her Sumin?” She uttered bitterly when she recalled Sumin’s outburst.

“He would want nothing to do with me.”

 

Jongin pressed his lips together and nodded again, wasn’t this the moment he had been waiting for as well? The day she would tell him the truth would be the day she would cut of all ties with him.

But he figured what Nayoung needed was a friend at the moment; Sumin and her were still in that cold war of theirs. She would need someone to rely on and he would be that person. He would be the friend that would support her and help her cope with this. His chain of thoughts was broken suddenly when Nayoung spoke.

“Jongin, I’ve decided…I’d head back home for a while.”

 

“Okay, for how long?”

Nayoung’s eyes wandered elsewhere as the girl avoided eye-contact with the guy, she was certain he wouldn’t let her.

“I don’t know. I just needed to get away from all this.”

 

Jongin thought for a while. Was he okay with this? Certainly not, he had only a few months left to graduate and once he did he doubted if he could spend as much time with Nayoung as he did now. His father would certainly put him on his toes.

 

“Would that make you feel better, if you left?” He asked finally.

 

Because all that mattered was how she felt. Nayoung hummed softly and nodded her head.

 

“Okay then. I just hope you come back soon, I’ll miss you.”

 

“I’ll miss you too, Kim Jongin.”

Nayoung smiled genuinely for the first time, the guy in front of her had become such a good friend to her. She looked up to him; he always knew the right things to say to make her feel better. She didn’t know how he could be so calm all the time when he had a dozen other problems looming over him.

But this wasn’t good-bye, she would meet him again. Now the only one left was Sumin, she thought.

                            

                                                                                                                       ***

Nayoung waited impatiently for Sumin to show up. She had texted her to meet her at the café near their university in the evening, she didn’t have much time. Yixing would be back by dinner time and she still had a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter