Chapter Six.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six.

 

 

 

Nayoung had wanted to go to Han River; she had somehow managed to convince Yixing. The poor guy had tried to finish all his work at the office so he could take her out, he was very dedicated indeed, but only when it came to a certain girl that had managed to woo him. His secretary had been amused to see his boss working his off to finish work earlier than usual. He grinned as he caught sight of the Chinese male furiously typing away on his laptop while his eyebrows furrowed.

 

 

 

 

"So what's her name?" He grinned. 

 

 

 

Kim Jongdae, who had been Yixing's secretary since he started working at the regional office in Seoul, was quite close to him considering how they were almost of the same age. Besides, Yixing had ordered him drop the formalities on the first day of work, which made Jongdae take an instant liking towards to the Chinese male.

 

 

 

Yixing who was still concentrating on finishing his work, glanced up for a second wondering what his secretary was up to. "Huh?" 

 

 

 

"The girl who's gotten you all worked up like this."

 

 

 

Yixing cleared his throat slightly as he thought of her; he would have finished his work earlier if she hadn't distracted him.

"Sumin.” He tried his best not to get flustered. But when he saw Jongdae’s teasing face, he instantly felt embarrassed. Had it been so evident? She had been quite unlike the other girls he’d met, and he realized he liked that about her. He liked that she was different, she wasn’t pretentious. And he simply loved the way he could make her blush; it made him feel glad that he had such an effect on her.

“Don't you have any work to do?" he snapped at Jongdae when the latter refused to budge.

 

 

 

"Alright, alright, I'll head out. But it's nice seeing you like this. You're almost like a love-struck puppy." Jongdae sniggered and ran out before Yixing could scold him even more.

 

 

 

Yixing shook his head and turned to his laptop, his mind was occupied by other thoughts again. He couldn't wait to see her. He shut his laptop, grabbed his coat and walked out of his office, he would meet her earlier, and work could wait.

                                                                                                                     

***

 

 

 

Yixing found Nayoung sitting cozily near the river bank; she had spread out a blanket on the ground. So she had come prepared, he thought, slightly amused by the fact.

He decided to sneak in from behind so he could surprise the girl, but too bad, the girl had already turned. She waved giddily at him as he walked towards her, with a huge grin on his face.

 

 

 

He handed her the bouquet of red tulips he had purchased on the way causing the girl to squeal with happiness.

"Thank you, Mr. Zhang." She beamed happily while the guy frowned; she refused to address him by his name.

 

 

 

"I got us these." The girl lifted a pack of beer cans laughing.

 

 

 

"You did come prepared, didn’t you, pretty lady?" 

 

 

 

"Well what can you say? I'm a girl that prepares in advance." Nayoung shrugged while her face wore a smug expression. Yixing ruffled the girl's hair playfully and settled down beside her. 

 

 

 

The sky was clear, which made it easier to spot the different constellations that Nayoung was excitedly telling Yixing about. They were now lying down; Yixing had one of his arms stretched for Nayoung to place her head on. She was pointing at different shapes she could see in the sky, but Yixing was busy admiring the girl. She had a unique taste in things, he thought. But he somehow liked it; it was what made her unique.

 

 

 

"And that's his bow. Do you see it?" The girl went on, till she realized that Yixing wasn't looking at the sky, his head was rather directed towards her. "You're not listening!" she huffed and pretended to be mad.

 

 

 

"I will, I will, I'm sorry," he exclaimed, but shortly after he leaned towards her to gently peck her nose hoping to pacify the sulking girl.

Nayoung, who thought her heart was going to burst from the sudden intimacy, cleared awkwardly.

"And that is Taurus. Do you see those two stars? They lead up to the horns." She pointed towards the sky hoping to divert Yixing's attention from the color that rose on her cheeks.

 

 

 

And before she knew it, her eyes gently closed and her breathing became more regular. She had fallen asleep in his arms while he continued to think about the future, she would certainly be a part of it.

                                                                                                                      

***

 

 

 

Nayoung didn't know how it happened, the days had turned into months and she still couldn't get herself to tell Yixing the truth. She was afraid she was getting more and more attached to him as the days went on, and when the day would finally come – the day when she would have to reveal her secret to him, she doubted if she could handle it. There was a constant fear in her mind, the fear of losing him. She definitely didn't wish to imagine a life without him. Was that considered selfish on her part, for not letting him go? For not telling him truth so she could keep him to herself?

 

 

 

The trivial things he did for her that didn't go u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter