Eight

Stupid Cupid

“So…”

“So…” Minho repeated still refusing to look in Kibum’s way. “How are you… How are you holding up?”

“Well, I’ve been worse. Sometimes I go out with Jonghyun and his new boyfriend, Jinki. I’m also going to their concerts a lot more.”

“Isn’t it weird?”

“It was but I’m used to it now. Me and Jonghyun are in the past and we were pretty good friends before we started dating so it’s good to have him back in my life like that.”

Minho nodded and stayed quiet, not knowing what else to say. He had agreed to meet Kibum but now he wasn’t sure it was a good idea, since both of them seemed to not know what to say. He glanced at Kibum, who seemed to be really busy looking at his own hands, and looked at the floor again. After what felt like an eternity of awkward silence, Minho decided to keep talking.

“Taemin is still cheating on me.”

“What? And you’re still with him?” Kibum asked, surprised. “Minho, come on, you don’t deserve this.”

“I believe he can still change.”

“Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Is your love for him really worth that?”

“You don’t understand.”

“Of course I don’t, I don’t understand how you keep doing this to yourself.” Kibum raised his voice a little. “Why don’t you just break up with him? How long have you been enduring this kind of sick relationship?”

“I can’t.”

“Of course you can.” Kibum assured him, holding Minho’s hands and making him, finally, look at him in the eyes. “Minho, look. I like you; I’m in love with you. I fell for you and I’m almost sure you feel the same way about me. At least, you used to.”

Minho just stared at him without moving and blinking when he stopped talking. He couldn’t bring himself to react to what Kibum had just said even though it was things he had wanted to hear. But that was all those months ago.

Did those feelings he had for Kibum disappear while they were apart? Or did they grow?

The truth was that there wasn’t a single day that Minho hadn’t thought about Kibum in those three long months. Kibum was in his thoughts at least once a day and the most little things reminded him of the other man, making him go crazy.

When he saw him in the supermarket the day before, Minho had tried to avoid him because he didn’t think he could handle actually talking to Kibum without blabbering like an idiot. However, destiny had decided that Kibum had to come to him and talk and all Minho could do to avoid being an idiot was to try to drive him away with harsh words.

It didn’t work. He went on dinner with Taemin and two of their friends and all the time his mind was on Kibum and how he had to apologize to him. Even Taemin noticed something was wrong and was mad with him but Minho couldn’t really care less about that.

“Please say something.”

Minho continued to stare at him in silence because he couldn’t figure out what he wanted to do. So, in the end, he did what he thought it was the best and answered all of Kibum’s questions. He leaned in, touching Kibum’s cheek with his hand and angled his face upwards so that he could join their lips once again after so much time.

Kibum’s lips were still as soft as Minho remembered and when he leaned into Minho, he discovered that his body still fitted perfectly against his. His hands travelled from Kibum’s cheek to his waist and he made him sit on his lap so he could be as close to him as possible.

“I missed you.” Minho whispered, bumping his nose on Kibum’s. “I missed you so much.”

“For a moment, I really thought you wouldn’t take me back.”

Minho chuckled and pecked his lips. “Never.”

The two of them spent the night together, mapping each other’s bodies, sharing kisses and tracing patterns on their skins, trying to make up for the time they had lost without each other.

In the morning, Minho was the first one to wake up. The rays of sunshine were blinding him so he turned to his side, facing a still sleeping Kibum. He looked so pretty and so serene that Minho wanted to kiss him. However, he was sure that it would wake him up, so he just caressed his cheek and smiled, thinking that there was no way he could leave him again.

As he realized that, he immediately thought about Taemin and decided to get up to go talk to him and end their relationship. Kibum was right after all; they should have broke up as soon as Minho found out that Taemin was cheating on him.

Minho kneeled on the bed after getting ready and hovered above Kibum, trying to see if he was still asleep. When he realized that, yes, he was still sleeping, Minho smiled fondly and caressed his hair but just as he was about to leave the bed, Kibum’s hand shoot up and it grabbed Minho’s wrist.

“Where you going?” Kibum asked, groggily, his voice hoarse. “Get back here.”

“I’ll have to talk to Taemin, break things up for good.” Minho said, kissing his forehead. “I’ll get back here after that, if that’s okay with you?”

“Hm, yeah. Okay.”

Minho laughed and patted his . “You’re not even listening to me. I’ll see you later.” He said, to which Kibum growled in response.

All the way to his house, Minho was thinking about what he was going to say to Taemin. Should he start saying that he knew Taemin was still cheating on him? Or should he just say that they couldn’t continue together?

It only took some minutes until he arrived home, so he opened the door and looked at the living room, thinking that he was going to find Taemin there, sitting in the couch. When he found it empty, Minho thought that maybe his boyfriend was out to buy something and just hoped for him to be back soon, since Kibum was waiting for him. However, he soon found out that he was wrong, when he walked to his room and found Taemin, on his own bed, with Jongin.

“What the hell is going on in here?” He yelled, startling them and making them look at him with their eyes wide opened.

“Minho!” Taemin exclaimed, searching his clothes while Jongin did the same thing. “Just let me explain, okay?”

“You don’t need to explain, you don’t even need to talk to me ever again.” Minho answered, feeling his blood boiling with anger as Jongin walked past him, leaving the room and then the house. “Get dressed and go away.”

“Minho, please, I said I was going to explain everything.” Taemin tried, already putting his clothes on.

“And you said you changed. You said you loved me.”

“I do, Minho, I really do.” Taemin said, trying to reach him. “I love you so much.”

“Yeah, I can see that clearly.”

“Please, Minho, I’m sorry. I was just angry that you left me like that yesterday.”

“That doesn’t give you the right to bring your affair to my house! You’ve done it in my bed, Taemin.” Minho yelled again, pointing at his bed. “Are you kidding me?”

“Minho-“

“You’re going to pack all of your things and get the hell out of my house.” Minho said, leaving Taemin speechless, looking at him. “What are you waiting for? Do it!”

“Minho, please-“ He tried once again, just to be interrupted by Minho.

“No, I don’t need to hear your lame excuses. It’s over between us, Taemin.” He said, walking to the leaving room and waiting for Taemin to pack everything and leave. He was still trembling, so he tried to take a deep breath and relax, though it didn’t work at all.

Minho wasn’t sure if he was entitled to react like that when he also had been with Kibum even when Taemin was still his boyfriend but at least he had tried to stop it. Well, he did stop it while Taemin had the guts to still going on behind his back.

“I’m leaving now.” Taemin said, appearing in the living room with a bag.

“As you should.”

“Just know that the moment I leave this door, I’m not coming back.” He assured, serious. At least now he wasn’t begging to be heard, he had finally accept the situation.

“I don’t want you to.” Minho answered, as serious as Taemin, looking at him.

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, I am.” Minho guaranteed, nodding. “Taemin?” He called when the other was about to leave. “I hope you can be happy like you weren’t with me.”

Taemin smiled sadly at him and turned around, leaving the house and leaving Minho alone with his thoughts.

Minho took some time walking around his house, checking if everything was okay. It was kind of sad to find the places there were once filled with Taemin’s things now empty. There was a lot of space to occupy. Said space that could easily be occupied by Kibum, one day.

The moment he thought about Kibum he remembered that he had the other’s keys on his pocket, which he grabbed without even thinking. Maybe Kibum wanted to go somewhere and couldn’t because he was the one with the keys.

As fast as he could, he left the house and got back to his car, driving to Kibum’s house. When he arrived, he used the key to open the door and was already ready to apologize for taking the keys, but the house was unexpectedly quiet.

Minho walked to the bedroom, because he was almost sure that Kibum was at home. He wouldn’t leave without his keys. Minho couldn’t believe his eyes when he entered the room and saw a still sleeping Kibum lying on the bed.

“Are you seriously still in bed?”

Minho asked but got no reply as the other was still sleeping. He chuckled, getting rid of his jeans and climber into the bed again, getting behind Kibum and clinging to his back. Not a second later, the other rolled over and faced Minho, opening his eyes slightly.

Kibum nuzzled his nose on Minho’s neck and blinked, causing Minho to squirm with the movement of his eyelashes. “I was hoping to find you here by the time I rolled over.”

“Then it’s a good thing I came back.”

Kibum hummed and left a kiss on Minho’s neck. “Only if you stay though.”

 

A.N.: So, this is it! This is the end ^^ I hope you all liked this story as much as I liked writing it! 

Thank you for subscribing, thank you for every comment and for every upvote ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡