Five

Stupid Cupid

Minho couldn’t believe his eyes. Sitting right in front of him was the man who had been with Taemin the previous week on the pastry. The one he was him betraying with. Taemin had to had some nerve to actually invite him to a dinner when he would also bring his affair. At first, when Taemin invited Minho to have dinner with him and his coworkers, Minho felt happy because Taemin was finally inviting him to spend time together but now that he was there, sitting in front of Jongin (now he knew the name) he was feeling really hurt and angry at the same time.

During all the dinner he couldn’t stop paying attention to the interactions between Taemin and Jongin, although they weren’t talking that much. Minho was trying to focus on some conversations, but the best he could do was smiling and agreeing when someone talked to him, even though he had no idea what was the topic they were discussing. He ended up with nothing but a headache.

“Taemin, I’m… I’m not feeling too good so I’m going home, okay?” Minho said, calling attention of him.

“What?” Taemin asked, surprised, putting a hand on his forehead. “But wait, I’m going with you then.”

“What? You’re what?”

Taemin laughed at Minho’s face and pecked his cheek, having to stand on his toes. “I’m going with you? Why? Is it that surprising?”

“Actually, yes…” Minho whispered the words slowly, like he was afraid but then shook his head. “Well, never mind, let’s get going then!”

Taemin nodded and began to say goodbye to everyone in the table, including Jongin. Minho observed the two like a hawk, trying to find some suspicious action that indicated that they were more than coworkers but when all they did was shake each other’s hands, he sighed and dropped the issue, trying to focus on the fact that Taemin was going home with him and not Jongin.

Taemin almost skipped to him and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers and waved at the rest of the people with his free hand, pulling Minho out of the restaurant.

They walked to Minho’s car and the ride home was filled with Taemin’s voice, singing songs on the radio or talking about something funny that happened at the dinner, even though Minho was also present.

When they got home and Minho parked, he stopped Taemin of leaving the car by grabbing his wrist. “Are you sure you want to stay? I can drive you home if you want.”

“What are you talking about? Of course I want to stay, you’re being ridiculous.”

Taemin freed himself from Minho’s grasp and got out of the car, running through the stairs to the top floor, leaving Minho behind with his thoughts.

As soon as Minho reached the threshold, Taemin was already grabbing his arm and pulling him in, assaulting his lips with his hands roaming everywhere.

At first, because he was caught by surprise, Minho kissed Taemin back but, as the last one started to take him to the bed, Minho started to feel weird. Why was Taemin, after so long, suddenly inviting him for dinner and spending the night with him?

While Minho was lost in his thought, Taemin seemed to be focused on explore Minho’s body with his hands but, when he tried to pull his shirt, Minho stopped him. “Not today.” He said, holding the other’s hand placed on the hem of his shirt. “Let’s just sleep, okay?”

“O-okay.” Taemin answered, confused. “I just thought-“

“I’m tired, I told you I wasn’t feeling good at the dinner, didn’t I?”

“You did.” Taemin said, lying next to him. “Sorry. Are you feeling better now?”

“I just need to sleep and I’ll be fine.” Minho said, smiling, and kissing his forehead before he turned around, trying to fall asleep. “Good night.”

“Good night.”

Minho couldn’t tell how much time had passed since they stopped talking until he could, finally, fall asleep. Although it wasn’t for too long.              

Minho jumped on his bed when he heard the sound of his phone ringing. Blindly reaching for it, he knocked down his watch before touching the phone. “Yeah?”

“Minho? I’m so sorry for calling you but I had this crazy dream and I had to make sure you were okay because…”

Kibum’s voice was kind of pushed back by Taemin’s groans and Minho couldn’t focus on anything else but the way he curled his hand around his arms and blinked his eyes at him. “Who is it? What’s going on?”

“God, Minho! Are you listening to me? I’m really worried!” Kibum cried on the other side, bringing Minho’s attention back to him. “Answer me, please!”

“Sorry, what?” He asked, shaking his head and frowning upon hearing sobs. “Are you crying?”

“Of course, I’m crying, I’m scared! I thought something bad happened to you…”

While Kibum kept rambling, Minho stared at Taemin and how confused the latter was with the whole situation. He sighed and rubbed his face. “Look, look, Kibum, stop… Let me call you right back, okay? Wait just a few minutes.”

“Minho, are seriously hanging up on me now-“

“Is everything okay?”

Minho looked at Taemin still on his bed and then at the phone on his hand and sighed. “Not really but it’s going to be.”

He got up and searched for his jeans and a shirt while Taemin still tried to get a grasp of the situation. “What’s going on, Minho? Why are you getting dressed?”

“I need to be somewhere.”

“Do you know what time is it?” Taemin asked, bewildered. “And look at that storm out there. You can’t leave the house!”

Minho nodded just for the sake of answering something but continued to get dressed. “I’m sorry, Taemin, I’ll make it up to you but I really need to go.”

“At least tell me where you’re going and why are you leaving me here alone!”

Minho stopped at the bedroom’s door and looked over his shoulder, contemplating if he should try to tell the truth of not. But then images of Jongin flashed past his eyes and his jaw tensed up. “I’ll tell you when I get back.”

**

Kibum trembled when the thunder roared like it was screaming at his face, mocking him for being scared of a storm. He was furious and angry and scared and sad. Minho had hung up on him and didn’t call back and now Kibum was left alone. He couldn’t even call Jonghyun because he didn’t want to interrupt his sleep since he knew he had trouble sleeping. All his friends were out of question because they weren’t even going to waste a second to answer their phones.

Which left him alone.

He was lying on his bed, under the covers and a pillow over his head, trying to block the sound when his phone started to vibrate. Kibum looked at the screen and scoffed upon seeing Minho’s name. Why was he calling him now?

Kibum was actually considering not picking up when the doorbell rang and he sat up straight on his bed, his heart beating like crazy. Could it be that Minho had come all the way from his house in the middle of the night to be with him? Or was it just something pranking him?

Slowly, he got out of the bed and walked soundlessly to the door, peeking through the whole only to actually find Minho on the other side, not looking very good. Kibum was quick to step back and open the door, gasping when Minho’s drenched figure came to view.

“What are- Are you insane?” He almost screamed, pulling Minho in, closing the door and guiding him to the bathroom. “What the hell were you thinking? You are completely out of your mind, look at you.” Kibum scolded him while he threw towels at him, wrapping them around Minho. “What are you even doing here?”

“I-I had- I had t-to-“

Kibum shook his head. “Shut up, shut up. I’m going to get you some dry clothes.”

Kibum went to his room to search for some clothes that would fit Minho and when he found them, he went back to the bathroom still muttering how insane Minho was. The latter was still in the same place, trembling, although he was rubbing his arms and trying to take his shirt off.

“K-Kibum.”

“Let me help you with that.” He said, ignoring Minho’s call for his name. Kibum grabbed the hem of Minho’s shirt and pulled it up, throwing it to the sink the moment it stopped being in contact with Minho’s body. “Just… What went through your head to make you leave your house with this weather?”

“You were crying.”

Kibum rolled his eyes while he made him sit on the toilet and continued to try to dry Minho’s hair. “So what? Is that supposed to be a valid point? You’re going to be sick.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Are you even listening to yourself? You’re driving me crazy.” Kibum scolded once again but stopped his movements when Minho’s hands grabbed each of his and he looked up at him, through the lose strands of his hair. “What?”

“It doesn’t matter because it was you.”

“Stop that.” Kibum asked, almost whispering while he stared at Minho’s eyes. Minho got up, letting the towel fall from his head to his shoulders and Kibum took a step back. “W-what now?” Minho didn’t answer and took another step, making the other move away and bump into the sink, behind his back. “What are you doing?”

“What I should have done the moment I stepped into this house.”

Minho’s one hand settled on his hip and the other on the side of his neck, tilting his head up and joining their lips. He trapped Kibum between his body and the sink and smile against his lips when the latter took an active part in the kiss and grabbed his arms, squeezing them.

Minho pulled away and smiled down at the other who had his eyes still closed.

“What are we doing?” Kibum asked, breathless as he stole another kiss. “What are you doing to me?”

“I think I’m-“

“No, stop.” Kibum stopped him, covering his mouth. “Don’t say it.”

He went for Minho’s lips again and started to push away from the sink to get out of the bathroom and into his bedroom. The same hands that had dressed Minho a while ago, were now undressing him but this time they had the time to explore every high and low of Minho’s abdomen. Kibum kept rubbing his hand on Minho’s upper body and back, feeling delightful that he could urge Minho to do those kind of low and raspy sounds.

“Why are you so good to me?”

Kibum laughed and sat on the bed while Minho stood up in front of him. He ped his jeans and made them slid down Minho’s legs and then he strongly gripped his waist, pulling him closer, to the bed.

                  Minho kneeled on the bed and waited until Kibum was laying on it so he could also get rid of his clothes. As he was sliding Kibum’s sweatpants off his legs, he left kisses all over his skin making him squirm and put his legs around Minho, pulling him closer and caging him between them.

Minho shifted a little and Kibum stared back up at him while he leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his forehead, making him close his eyes. Minho pressed another kiss between his eyes, then one to his nose and finally to his lips, spending a lot more time in there.

Every slide of their lips deepened Kibum’s want and when Minho pulled back, he could see the lust in his eyes too. He rocked his hips upwards, grinding his crotch against Minho’s, which earned him a pleasured groan from the other man. Minho dove back to kiss his neck and he on Kibum’s ear while he pushed his hips down and made Kibum squeak in want.

Kibum flipped them around, taking control, and Minho’s torso down to the waistband of his underwear, making him held his breath and sigh when Kibum palmed the front of his crotch. There was certainty in the way his lips explored Minho, every inch of him

Minho groaned again and gripped Kibum’s hips, flipping them over, so that he could settle between Kibum’s spread legs. They locked eyes the moment Minho’s fingers entered him, preparing his body for what was about to come.

Kibum squeezed Minho’s hips with his thighs as if he was signaling him that he was ready and when Minho looked at him, eyes mist, Kibum commanded him to move. His muscles clenched around Minho and as he began to in and out, slowly at first, then speeding up, their grunts kept getting louder and out of control.

Minho brought his face down to connect their lips as the bed shook noisily beneath them and Kibum could feel himself being driven to . Kibum cried and cursed, throwing his head back, searching for Minho’s hand and lacing their fingers as he rode the wave of pleasure, finding himself also chanting Minho’s name. When Kibum came down from his high, he heard Minho whispering his name endless times before he began to snap his hips uncontrollably and then stilled inside of him, breathing hard until he finally fell on top of Kibum’s body, pressing his lips to his neck.

Kibum smiled to the ceiling and then turned his head to the side, pressing a kiss to Minho’s forehead while the latter still had his eyes closed and was trying to get his breathing back to normal. “Are you okay?”

“More than okay.” Minho mumbled against his neck making him squirm. “We should sleep now.”

“You need to get off me first.”

Minho nodded and threw his body to the side, lifting his elbow to lean on it while he started at Kibum as this one cleaned his stomach with his discarded t-shirt. When he looked back up, he caught Minho staring at him and lifted an eyebrow.

“You’re beautiful.”

Kibum blushed and averted his eyes, laying back down and turning his back on Minho. “Let’s just sleep.” Minho grinned and lay on his side, pulling himself closer to Kibum and hugging him from behind, almost gluing his chest to the other’s back. “I always knew you were a cuddler.”

“Really?”

“Yeah…” Kibum whispered and snuggled into Minho’s chest, feeling warmer with each passing second. He grabbed Minho’s hand and played with his fingers, thinking about what he wanted to say next. “You know, I’ve wondered for the longest time how it would feel to be like this with you. How to be in your arms.”

“Oh… And is it as you expected?”

“Not really.” Kibum scoffed and Minho tried to ignore the way he felt his heart drop. “It’s much better.”

When Minho woke up in the morning, he immediately felt the lack of human heat by his side. Groaning, he turned around to find the room empty with no sign of Kibum although he felt a faint smell of coffee, which made him get up from the bed and walk to the kitchen after he put on his boxers.

As soon as Minho made it to the kitchen, the smell only intensified and he instantly spotted Kibum by the counter, looking through the window.

Minho approached him from behind and put his arms around him, resting his chin on Kibum’s shoulder, leaning his head on the other. “Good morning.” When Kibum didn’t reply, Minho turned him around in his embrace and studied his worried expression. “What’s wrong?”

“We shouldn’t…” Kibum started but then stopped himself as he stared at Minho’s hands on his waist. “We shouldn’t have done this. It was wrong.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…” Kibum started, tearing Minho’s hands from his waist. “This was a mistake.”

Minho looked hurt for a minute before he stare turned cold. “A mistake? You call that a mistake? Everything from last night was a mistake?”

“Minho, you’re not getting it. I’m… That wasn’t supposed to happen, okay? We were never supposed to do that, it was wrong. And yes, it was a mistake.” Kibum said, closing his eyes and sighing. “To be honest, everything we’ve done until now it’s wrong. This is wrong!”

“How is this wrong if we feel the same? We’re both-“

Kibum widened his eyes. “Don’t you dare say it! Look, I still like Jonghyun and you’re obviously still in love with Taemin or it wouldn’t affect you that he was cheating on you so…”

“But I came here in the middle of the night for you, Kibum!” Minho almost screamed, grabbing his hands. “I left Taemin alone for you, that means something, doesn’t it? Also, I was the first person you called when you had that nightmare! Not Jonghyun, not any of your friends, but me! You called me. Don’t you understand what’s going on?”

Kibum shook his head and pulled his hands away from Minho, turning his back on him. After a moment of silence, he took a deep breath. “I think we should stop meeting each other.”

“What-“

“I think…” Kibum began again, turning around to stare at Minho. “I think we should stop seeing and speaking to each other.”

Minho scoffed and took a step towards the other. “You can’t be serious.”

“I want to get back to Jonghyun and you’re not helping.”

After those words left Kibum’s lips, the both of them stared at each other, unmoving. Kibum was trying his best not to cry while Minho was thinking of a million things that he could say to make Kibum change his mind.

“Is that really what you want?”

Kibum pressed his lips together tightly and nodded once, not finding the strength to voice his will.

“Then I guess this is goodbye?” Minho asked, with a tiny voice and waited for Kibum to say something. When he didn’t, Minho sighed and stepped closer to him, kissing his forehead. “I hope you get what you want with this. Be sure to let Jonghyun know how lucky he is.”

Minho’s lips lingered a few seconds on Kibum’s forehead and then he pulled away from the smaller one, going back to the bedroom to get dressed.

When he was ready, Minho went through the house to get to the door. He could hear Kibum quietly crying and had to use all his self-control to not get back and comfort him. Kibum had chosen this; he had to respect his position.

The walk to his house never felt so long.

“Where the hell have you been?” Taemin asked as soon as he opened the door. “Do you know how worried I was? You didn’t even answer your phone!”

Minho brushed past him and went to the living room to sit on the couch. He could still hear him nagging in the back of his head but Minho couldn’t even focus on what he was saying. He just wanted a little silence. “Taemin, please, can you shut up for a minute?”

“No, I can’t! I need to know where you were at!” Taemin screamed and Minho was close to losing it. “Who do you think I am?”

“That’s what I’ve been wanting to ask you.” Minho said, looking up at the other. “Do you think I’m that dumb? That stupid to not realize that you’ve been cheating on me?”

Taemin widened his eyes and looked dumbfounded. “What are you talking about?”

“What I’m talking about?” Minho laughed, rolling his eyes. “I’m talking about you seeing Jongin behind my back. Do you really think I don’t know? I saw you two!”

“W-what?”

Minho got up from the couch and shook his head. “I know everything. You don’t have to pretend anymore.”

“Minho, I’m sorry. Please forgive me. You know I love, I really do.”

“Do you even know what love is? We’ve been together since forever! The least you could do was to be honest with me.”

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. It was just a one-time thing; you have to believe me. Minho, please!”

Minho looked at Taemin and how he was so close to tears and sighed. He thought about Kibum and what they’ve done the night before and how it wasn’t that different from what Taemin had done. He had no right to accuse him of something that he also had done.

Then his thoughts went back to that morning and how Kibum had dismissed everything and how he so quickly detached himself from their relationship. Maybe he was right, after all. Maybe it really was a mistake. But if it was, why did it felt so good?

Minho gulped and closed his eyes. “We’ll talk about this later. I… I need to think about it.”

“I promise it will never happen again but please don’t leave me.” Taemin cried, hugging Minho from behind when he turned back to walk to his bedroom. “Please.”

Minho looked at Taemin’s tiny hands in his body and sighed, patting them. “Let me sleep for a bit and we’ll talk about it. I’m sure we can find a way to overcome this.”

He felt Taemin nod on his back and then he stepped away, freeing him from his hold and letting him go. “Thank you, Minho. I love you.”

Minho also nodded and began to walk to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. “Me… too.”

 

A.N.: Happy Minkey and also sad Minkey. I'm really sorry but I had to do this :( 

There are only 3 more chapters left, I hope you're all still enjoying it <3