Seven

Stupid Cupid

Kibum was wandering along the aisles to find the products he needed it in the supermarket. He stopped so he could reach his favorite shampoo when a familiar figure passed right by him. He suddenly forgot his shampoo, which he desperately needed, and went after the other person, not believing he was actually seeing him after so long.

When the person stopped, Kibum stopped too and waited a while so that he could confirm that it was actually him. Kibum could recognize that profile anywhere so he actually smiled and went after him.

“Minho!” He called, but the man continued walking without looking back. Kibum frowned and tried again. “Hey, Minho!” Kibum went after him and touched his shoulder, turning him around.

Minho looked at him, wide eyed, startled. He took his earphones out, which explained why he hadn’t listen to Kibum calling him, and blinked. “H-hi.”

“Hi, it’s nice to see you.”

“Kibum.”

He almost closed his eyes when he heard Minho saying his name after so long. “H-how have you been?”

“I’m… Good.” Minho said, after a second of hesitation. “And you?”

Kibum nodded eagerly and almost grabbed Minho’s hand. “Listen, I need to talk to you-“

“Kibum, you were the one who said we were not supposed to talk anymore. In fact, we shouldn’t even be talking right now.” Minho interrupted him, directing him some harsh words. “You should have just walked by me like I did.”

Kibum was so taken aback that his mouth hanged open. “You saw me?”

“Of course I did. I’ve recognized you instantly.”

“Then why…” He started but then shook his head and this time went to grab Minho’s hand. “Look, I know what I’ve said but I was wrong. I… I’m not with Jonghyun anymore, we broke up.”

Minho looked from Kibum’s eyes to their hands and tried to pull his away. “Kibum…”

“I miss you.”

“Kibum-“

Minho tried again but was interrupted by a tug in his arm, which caused his hand to slip from Kibum’s hold and he looked to the side, finding Taemin looking up at him and then at Kibum. When no one said a thing, Taemin sighed. “What’s going on?”

“Huh, hm.” Minho stumbled on his words, trying to find a thing to say. “Taemin, this is Kibum.”

“Yes! I’m a friend of Minho.”

Taemin lifted an eyebrow and looked between them again who were staring wide eyed at each other. “A friend?”

Minho was the first one to react and nodded a little bit too much. “Yes, a friend. From work.”

“From work? Really?”

Kibum stared at Minho waiting for his reply but when he realized the other was not going to do it anytime soon, he sighed and turned to Taemin putting on his best smile even though he felt like crying. “Yes, from work.”

“Kibum, I-“

“Minho, we’re getting late.” Taemin interrupted once again. “We need to leave or we’ll be late for the date.”

Kibum looked at them surprised. “Oh, so you’re… You’re together again?”

“Again? Well, you could say that… Yes, we’re together. Didn’t Minho tell you?”

“No, he didn’t. He didn’t tell me anything.” Kibum confessed, looking at the ground. “Well, I need t-to leave. It was nice meeting you, Taemin. Goodbye.”

Kibum turned around and left, pushing his cart through the aisles again.

Taemin stared at him and then looked at Minho finding his boyfriend still following the other’s every move like he was unable to look away. Taemin frowned, not liking it one bit and tried to catch Minho’s attention by pecking his cheek but the other seemed to be too lost in his thoughts.

“Hyuuung.” He cried, knowing Minho liked when he called him like that, tugging at his arm. “Look at me. What’s up with your friend? He’s weird.”

Minho shook his head and looked at him, smiling. “I’m sure it’s nothing.”

“Why didn’t you tell him that we’re together? It’s been a long time already.”

“I don’t have to talk about my personal life at work.”

“Yeah, but you could tell. I talk about you all the time at work.”

“I can imagine.” Minho said, trying to end the conversation before he couldn’t take it anymore. He was trying to pay attention to Taemin, but his thoughts were still on Kibum. What was he talking about? Why wasn’t he with Jonghyun? Weren’t they trying to get back together?

“Minho?” Taemin called, frowning at him.

“Hm?”

“Can you answer me please? I’m talking to you.”

“Sorry, I got distracted.” Minho smiled at him, holding his hand. “What were you saying?”

“I was saying that we should have dinner with your friends from work. Like we did with my coworkers, do you remember? I don’t know most of them and they seem not to know me very well, too. What do you think?”

“I don’t know, we’ll think about it.” Minho answered; already knowing it was a terrible idea. He knew Taemin was talking especially about Kibum, and there was no way he would invite Kibum to have dinner with both Minho and Taemin. He wasn’t even supposed to see or talk to Kibum. But now he appeared out of nowhere and said that he missed him and all Minho could think about was those words.

“Oh my God, Minho, are you even listening to me? Am I talking to a wall?” Taemin said, letting go of his hand and crossing his arms. “You know what? You don’t need to answer; I’m not even listening too. Let’s go to the car.” He said, walking faster, leaving Minho behind.

**

“Yes, Jinki, you’re so funny.” Jonghyun said, rolling his eyes. “You know, you used to be nicer to me when we were not dating.”

Jinki laughed, clapping his hands on his thighs. “Well, I’m sure Kibum agrees with me.”

“Yeah, but Kibum was never nice. Only when he’s drunk, right?” This time was Jonghyun who was laughing, expecting Kibum to throw a fit at what he had said. When he was met with silence, Jonghyun frowned and observed his ex-boyfriend who was busy playing with a straw. “Kibum?”

“What’s up with him today?”

“I don’t know.” Jonghyun shrugged at Jinki’s question and lightly shoved Kibum. “Hey, Kibum!”

“What? What?” He asked, bewildered and confused, looking everywhere. “What happened?”

“What’s wrong with you?”

Kibum hanged his head low and shrugged. “Hm? Nothing.”

“You can’t fool me, Kibum. Spill it.”

“It’s really nothing. In fact, I should go home.”                

When he tried to stand up to leave, Jonghyun grabbed his wrist and made Kibum sit back on the bench and stay. “Na-ah, stay! Tell us what’s going on.”

Kibum stared at Jonghyun and then at Jinki, who nodded, encouraging him. “Well, there was this guy who- Actually, it’s complicated but I think I’m in love with him. No, I’m sure I am but now he’s back to his boyfriend so… I can’t really do anything, I was the one who drove him away.” He sighed, playing with his fingers to avoid looking at the other two. “I said we had to stop seeing each other because I was sure I was getting back with Jonghyun but then you two got together and when I tried to talk to him again… It was already too late.”

“Kibum, you’re telling me that-“

“Oh god, I know this could be considered cheating but you don’t even know how much I liked him! I really did like him but I was so stupid and-“

“Stop, stop.” Jonghyun commanded, making him look at him, startled. “Have you tried talking to him again?”

“I did try back then. And yesterday, I saw him again but he’s with his boyfriend. Maybe I was wrong all along, maybe it was just me who felt like that.” Kibum shrugged. “I just thought… I thought it was special.”

“It seems to me you lost your touch.”

“Jonghyun!”

“What? It’s true. The Kibum I know wouldn’t back down like that, he would fight." Jonghyun stood up and grabbed his shoulders. "Kibum, listen to me; you don’t have to worry about it feeling like cheating because it wasn’t. Just… I want you to be happy and if you think you can be happy with him, please, fight for it.”

“What if he is happy with his boyfriend now? I don’t want to ruin anything.”

“Kibum, if you really think what you two had was special then it’s because it was. I know you and I know you wouldn’t think that if you didn’t have a proof that it was true.”

“Sometimes I hate how well you know me.”

“Me too.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes at Jinki and squeezed Kibum’s hands. “Now, go home if you want but think about what you will do.”

“Well, look at me. Talking about my love life with my ex-boyfriend and his boyfriend. How much more pathetic can I get, really? But okay, I’ll-“

Kibum was startled by his own ringtone and took his phone from the table, widening his eyes when he saw the caller ID. He turned the phone to Jonghyun and Jinki so they could see whom it was even though they weren’t going to recognize the name.

Kibum blinked and then whispered. “It’s him.”

 

A.N.: Minkey met again!! Although it wasn't a very happy meeting :( but Minho is calling so it might be something good.

The next chapter is already the last one so stick around to find out what's going to happen uwu