Four

Stupid Cupid

“I just think that since we’ve been talking for a… how long have we’ve been talking?”

Minho chuckled on the other side and Kibum grinned. “A few months, I’d say?”

“See? It’s the perfect time to meet each other!” Kibum said, trying to convince Minho. “Don’t you want to give a face to the voice?”

“I don’t know, Kibum.”

“Oh, come on…” He huffed, still holding his phone between his shoulder and his ear while he cut some vegetables. “You’ve got to admit that it’s kind of weird how we got along so well but never seen each other.”

Minho laughed again. “But why do I need to see you? I’m okay with this.”

“Oh, if you saw me, you’d understand why we should’ve met already.”

“Yeah? And why is that?”

Kibum grinned, confident, even though Minho couldn’t see it. “Well, because I’m a sight to behold. A true beauty, they say.”

“And who told you that?” Minho was choking on his laugh, upon hearing Kibum’s reasoning. “Your mother? Your boyfriend?”

Kibum opened his mouth in shock and snapped. “Yah! I’ll have you know that I’m actually good looking, okay?”

“Yeah, right, sure.”

“You’re going to regret laughing, you’ll see.” Kibum promised while Minho was still chuckling. “So that’s settled, then? We’re going to meet?”

There was suddenly a silence and Kibum rolled his eyes because he already knew what Minho was going to say.

“I don’t think we should, not now at least.” Minho said and he probably knew Kibum was going to retort because he didn’t pause for long before he continued. “Look, I want to meet you too but… You and Jonghyun are back together and me and Taemin… Well, we’re working on things. I just think that if we meet, all the effort will go to waste.”

“I don’t necessarily agree with you but I respect your decision.” Kibum sighed, disappointed because he thought Minho would agree with him. “We’ll meet when you feel like it’s the best time.”

Minho noticed the change in Kibum’s voice and frowned. “You’re not mad, are you?”

“No, I’m just… Nothing, it doesn't matter.” Kibum replied but he didn’t sound the same. “I have to finish something now, a friend’s coming over.”

“Oh, okay! I’ll call you later then.”

Minho heard Kibum hum and took it as a sign to end the call since he knew he wouldn’t get more out of the other. He sighed when he looked at the screen of his phone and noticed the time. He knew he had to get up from the couch and head to the gym but something wasn’t feeling right and he didn’t have to will to go.

Clearing those thoughts of excuses for his laziness, Minho got up, grabbed his gym bag and his keys and exited the house, feeling his excitement grow at the idea of working out. It always cleared his mind of the problems and helped him relax.

Arriving to the gym, Minho quickly changed his attire and began his regular training.

During that one hour, all thoughts of his relationship problems with Taemin disappeared, which was saying a lot since Minho kept thinking about it all day long. The only exception was when he talked with Kibum at the phone or when he was working out. That was probably the reason why he liked doing those two things so much.

When he finished, he took a shower and gathered his things. Checking his phone, there was a text message from Taemin, cancelling their plans for the night and Minho only sighed as he pull his red hoodie on and grab his gym bag by its strap, putting it on his shoulder.

Minho was walking rather slowly on the streets, having no reason to rush since there was nothing for him to do at home, when something inside a little pastry caught his attention. Not for the best reasons. He watched, wide eyed, as Taemin laughed alongside another boy, seemingly his age, leaning on his shoulder for support.

Minho was willing to think that the other could be only a friend but when he leaned in and left a kiss on Taemin’s cheek before feeding a spoon of the sweet they were having, Minho couldn’t fool himself anymore and accepted the truth.

Taemin was cheating on him. That was the reason why he was being so weird, why he cancelled every single date they planned, why he was so distant.

Minho felt like going inside the pastry and demand answers from Taemin but he didn’t want to cause a scene. Especially when he was feeling so angry, so sad, so betrayed. He couldn’t believe Taemin had the nerve to do that.

Just thinking that he had refused to meet Kibum in respect of their relationship for a person who clearly didn’t give a damn about him, made him feel even worse. How could he be so stupid?

Out of jealously and anger, Minho grabbed his phone and he punched the digits of Kibum’s phone number and waited until the other answered. When he did, Minho didn’t even give him time to talk. “Kibum, let’s meet!”

“What?” Kibum asked, confused not understanding from where this was coming. “But today you said-“

“I know what I said but I’ve changed my mind. I want to meet you.”

“Is everything okay? You don’t sound okay.”

Minho huffed, not wanting to answer to Kibum’s concerns. “Everything’s fine. Can we just meet?”

“Fine.” He stated, after a moment of silence. “Where are you now?”

**

“Are you even listening to me?”

“I am. I’m at the bus stop, you just have to look across the street from the station.”

Kibum looked in front but all he saw was a sea of people crossing the street. He didn’t know what he was looking for since he never saw Minho and didn’t even know what he looked like. He searched for someone who was holding their phone but a lot of people were doing so.

“What are you even wearing?”

Minho chuckled and said something to someone before answering Kibum. “A red hoodie. Where are you, Kibum?”

At the mention of the red hoodie, Kibum’s eyes immediately went back to the guy who was holding his phone between his cheek and his shoulder and was smiling cutely at some little girl who was pulling at the strands of his gym bag.

Kibum heard Minho talking to him on the phone but he couldn’t bring himself to answer because he was too busy staring at him. Never in his wildest thoughts, Kibum thought that an attractive voice would be attached to such an equally attractive body and face.

“Yah! Listen to me. Kibum?”

Laughing lightly, Kibum crossed the street and walked to Minho, stopping just behind him. The other still hadn’t taken notice of him standing there because he was still busy screaming at the phone.

“Hi, Minho.” He said and Minho jumped, turning around hastily.

He stared at Kibum with wide eyes and scanned him from head to toe as if having troubles believing he was really in front of him. “Kibum?”

“Hm, yeah?”

“You were right.”

Kibum lifted an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant. “What?”

“When you said you were good looking.” Minho explained, taking a few steps to get away from the other people and closer to Kibum. “You were totally right.”

Kibum blushed, not expecting the comment and was unable to reply to it, opting for changing the topic. “So what do we do now?”

“I have an idea, come with me.”

Minho grabbed Kibum’s hand and started to pull him without waiting for his reply. They walked through the street hand in hand and people kept looking at them with interest, trying to understand what was going on between the two.

Usually, Kibum wouldn’t mind being stared at but something was making him feel awkward. His cheeks were still burning, his hand was sweating and his heart was beating a little faster than usual. “Where are we going?”

“To my house.”

“Your house?” Kibum was bewildered, to say the least. He just met the man and he already wanted to take him to his house? Well, technically they didn’t just met but still… Well, Kibum sure trusted Minho so it wasn’t like he was afraid. It was just a little weird. “Are you sure that’s okay?”

Minho looked back at him and flashed him a grin making Kibum feel weak at the knees. “Of course, there’s no one there.”

That didn’t make Kibum feel better but he decided to let Minho pull him anyway. It was his idea in the first place so he didn’t want to back up now. And he really did want to meet Minho in person, talk to him without the phone.

They walked for a few minutes in the busy street, always getting curious glances, until they reached a pretty big house.

“You really live in a house, huh?” Kibum asked, when Minho pushed the gate and let go of his hand to search for the keys. “It’s nice.”

“Only the top floor is mine.” Minho explained while he led them through the stairs. “The bottom is my landlord’s.”

Kibum nodded and followed him into the house. As soon as the door closed, they both got rid of their shoes and then walked to the living room, Minho in the front.

“I’m going to put the bag in my bedroom, feel free to look around.” Minho commented, staring at him while pointing behind his back. “Or you can come with me.”

“I’ll go with you then. It’s weird standing alone here.”

Minho laughed and began walking to his room with Kibum behind. “You could use the couch, you know?”

“Yeah, but I want to stay close to you.” Kibum said, without thinking too much and that got Minho turning around and staring at him, comically. “I mean… That’s not what I meant. I just- Well, you understand what I meant.”

Minho only laughed and made a bow, extending his arm for Kibum to go and enter the room.

“So what do you think?” He asked while he threw the bag on the bed and sat on it. “It’s nice, right?”

Kibum looked around, spinning on himself and then shrugged. “It’s very… you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.” Kibum grinned, like he knew something that Minho didn’t and took a few steps closer to the other. “What are we doing now? What made you change your mind?”

Minho got up from the bed and realized how close they actually were. He had to look down to be able to stare at Kibum’s eyes like he wanted. But the moment he did that, something wicked came upon him and all he wanted was to get revenge from Taemin. Prove him that he also could betray him without giving it too much thought.

He leaned in and saw how Kibum widened his eyes but didn’t make an effort to step back and push him away. Feeling more secure, Minho closed the distance between their lips and their bodies too as he put his hands on Kibum’s waist.

They stumble back a little and Kibum threw his head to the side when Minho’s lips came in contact with his neck, on his skin. His hands were settled on the end of Minho’s hoodie and he was trying to pull it up without success because too many emotions were assaulting him at the same time.

Minho smiled against his lips, kissing him one last time before reaching behind his head to pull the hoodie. At that, something clicked within Kibum and he put his hands on the other’s chest, pushing him back a little. “We can’t. We can’t do this.”

Closing his eyes tightly, Minho stepped aside to put some distance between them and pulled at some hair strands frustrated. Soon he felt Kibum’s hands on top of his, taking them away from his hair and he opened his eyes, seeing how the other looked at him, worried. “Taemin is cheating on me.” He confessed, unable to hold it in anymore. “And I’m sorry, I was not trying to use you… I was just really angry, I still am.”

“Oh, Minho, I’m so sorry.”

Kibum was about to hug him but he took a step back and turned around, facing the bed and showing his back to him. “I’m fine.”

“Since when are we back to this? You’re making up excuses again.” Kibum snapped, rolling his eyes at Minho’s behavior. “You’re obviously not fine! You found out your boyfriend is cheating on you, how are you fine?”

“Kibum…”

“Come on, Minho.” He pleaded; turning the other around and making him look at him. “Talk to me.”

Minho opened his mouth to speak but upon staring at Kibum’s eyes he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. “I can’t.”

“Alright, if that’s what you want.” Kibum sighed and turned around to leave the room.

Minho watched him go and he felt bad for not going after him to stop him from leaving but he was too emotionally tired to deal with that situation. He had kissed him and although it was wrong because it was out of revenge, it actually had felt pretty good.

His thoughts were interrupted when his phone started to ring and he frowned when he noticed the caller. “Kibum?”

“Will you talk to me now?”

“This is ridiculous.” Minho said, sitting on his bed and looking at the door, seeing Kibum standing there.

“I think it is too but if it gets you talking, I’m good with it.”

Minho actually chuckled after hearing that and for the first time he could see Kibum’s reaction to it. He was smiling fondly at him, with his phone still on his ear as he continued to lean on the door.

Like that, Minho found himself spilling everything that he was feeling and what he had felt when he saw Taemin and the other guy. He talked about how he kissed Kibum and apologized because he didn’t want him to think he was using him just for that.

Sometime along the conversation, they both let go of their phones and Kibum ended up sitting on Minho’s bed, by his side, both leaning on the wall. No one was paying attention to the time, so when Kibum distractedly glanced at Minho’s bedside clock, he almost jumped out of the bed.

“It’s so late already, I need to go home.”

“Why don’t you stay here?”

Kibum looked at him like was insane and laughed. “What?”

“Stay here.” Minho repeated and nodded as if he was proud of himself and his idea. “You don’t need to go home this late. You can stay.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.”

Minho huffed, grabbing his hand. “A bad idea would be letting you go home at this hour. Come on, what can happen?”

“Okay, okay. But you need to give me some clothes to sleep in.”

Minho nodded and quickly searched for a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants that he could give Kibum. While Kibum went to the bathroom to change and to remove his makeup, Minho also traded his gym clothes for a new t-shirt and stayed pantless since he liked to sleep in his underwear.

When the other came back to the room, Minho was already under the covers and he watched as Kibum shyly put his clothes on a chair and almost ran to the bed, covering himself right away. He did it so hastily that he sat closer to Minho than he would’ve liked and when he touched his bare leg with his bare foot, he screamed, lifting the blankets confirming that he had no pants.

“Are you sleeping like that?”

Minho lifted the blankets to also look at himself and then back at Kibum. “What’s the problem?”

“The problem? Well, the problem is… the problem is that I’m here!” He cried, angry that he had to explain it. “What’s with you sleeping without pants the first time you sleep with me?” When he realized what he had said and that Minho was almost dying from holding his laugh, he shook his head and his cheeks got red. “That’s not what I meant, you ert!”

“How the tables have turned.”

Kibum smacked his arm and turned to the side. “Now’s not the time to joke. Would it kill you to put on something?”

“Actually yes because I would die of extreme heat.” Minho explained and when Kibum turned to look over his shoulder, he grinned. “Because you’re so hot?”

“I hate you.” Kibum groaned, putting the pillow on top of his head. “I actually hate you right now.”

Minho laughed at Kibum’s reaction but decided to let him be. The other man had already done so much for him that the least he could do was to let him rest. He could use some hours to sleep too since he was so tired, both physically and emotionally.

Only a few minutes passed but Minho could already hear Kibum’s heavy breathing indicating that he was already asleep. Minho smiled and scooted closer to him, feeling the need to feel some body warm. His eyes started to get heavy and his mind was already drifting off when he was smacked on the stomach by Kibum’s elbow.

“What?” Minho asked, lifting his head, a little groggy. “Kibum? You okay?”

Kibum turned around to face him with a frown on his forehead but he was still very much asleep. Minho laughed quietly as to not to wake him and closed his eyes again, hoping that he would stay that way for the rest of the night.

However, not a second after he was proved wrong, as Kibum moved his legs around and kicked him on the shin. Minho opened his eyes again, thinking Kibum was awake but trying to annoy him, but the guy was with his eyes closed again.

“Are you kidding me?” He whispered and stared at the other waiting for a reaction. “Will you kick me out of me bed? Is that what you’re tying to do?”

There was no reply so he concluded that he was really sleeping. Minho sighed and was about to sleep too when he caught the movement of Kibum’s arm and he grabbed it, bringing it close to his chest. He rolled his eyes and moved closer, trapping him against his body by putting his arm around him and tangling their legs.

“That way you won’t move.” Minho said, certain of himself.

**

“Jonghyun, let go for your phone for a moment and come celebrate with us!”

Jonghyun sighed for the nth time. “Hold on, you guys! I’m coming, just a second.” He finished typing the text for Kibum and put his phone on his jeans’ pocket.

He was trying to contact Kibum ever since the producer talked to Jinki and offered them a chance to record an album in a studio but the other just didn’t pick up. At first, the line was occupied as he was speaking with someone but later on the phone just ringed and no one picked up.

Maybe he was sleeping, it was kind of late already.

Shrugging, Jonghyun joined his band mates on the tables and asked Jungah for a bottle of beer.

“Yah, why are you sulking if this was what we wanted the most?”

“You’re right, I should be happy.” Jonghyun nodded to himself, picking up the bottle Jungah had brought, taking a sip. “I’m going to dance. You want to come?”

Jinki looked up bewildered that he was being asked. “M-me? I don’t know how to dance.”

“Oh, come on.” Jonghyun groaned, grabbing Jinki’s hand and pulling him to the tiny dance floor. He offered some beer to Jinki, who gladly took it and then drank the rest of the bottle. “Just feel the music.”

“I don’t really know…”

“I’ve seen you move your hips in our concerts, don’t lie to me!” Jonghyun screamed in Jinki’s ear, putting a hand on his waist and Jinki felt like digging a hole and hide there. “Please?”

Jinki bit his lip, embarrassed but decided to give it a try. It seemed to work because Jonghyun laughed and dance along with him. In no time, they were dancing glued to each other as Jonghyun had an arm around Jinki’s shoulders and they were bouncing up and down.

Jonghyun had his head thrown back and an arm in the air while he was laughing about something Jinki didn’t even understand. He seemed he was having the time of his life so Jinki just let him be but in fact he was having a hard time controlling his feelings. He wasn’t nearly an intoxicated as Jonghyun so he had a pretty accurate perception of what was happening.

He was already sweating and tired but Jonghyun didn’t show any signs of an intention to stop dancing soon so Jinki had to excuse himself and went to sit on one of tables with the other guys. He kept observing Jonghyun but after he glanced to the side to answer a question someone threw at him, Jinki lost sight of him.

Jinki got up alarmed but then remember Jonghyun was a grown man, he could do what he wanted without having someone always after him. He sat down again, but after some time he started to feel to hot for his liking and decided to get some air.

He exited the bar through the back door, reserve only for the employees, and was hit with the night’s fresh air. Jinki yawned at the same time he stretched his arms but then a weird noise caught his attention.

Looking to the side, Jinki saw someone bent over, emptying the contents of his stomach but upon close examination, he recognized the person as Jonghyun and he quickly walked over to the other. He grabbed the hair strands that were getting in his face and his back while muttering some smoothing words.

When the other was finished, he was breathing hard and leaned back against Jinki’s chest, closing his eyes. “Thank you.”

“Are you okay?”

“I don’t know.” Jonghyun said, sincerely as Jinki walked away from the smell and made him sit on the floor. “Maybe? I’m feeling better now but my head is already killing me.”

“You’re weak with alcohol.” Jinki laughed, pinching his arm.

Jonghyun groaned and leaned his head on Jinki’s shoulder still with his eyes closed. “Don’t laugh.”

“I’m not.” He said but he betrayed himself because he chuckled again. “Come on, I’m taking you home.”

“No.” Jonghyun sang the word, shaking his head. “I don’t want to.”

“Yes, you do. Look at you, you’re miserable. Can’t even stand up without help, I bet.”

Jonghyun tried but was obliged to sit back down again since his legs were not listening to him and his head was spinning. “Okay, mom. Take me home.”

Laughing again, Jinki hooked his arms under Jonghyun’s armpits to pull him up against him body. When he felt the other was secure, he began to walk them to Jonghyun’s apartment that luckily wasn’t too far from the bar. In fifteen minutes, Jinki was unlocking the door to the house where Jonghyun’s dog came running to the door, greeting them with loud barking.

“Roo, shhhhh.” Jonghyun scolded, tripping over his foot when his dog walked between his legs. “Be careful.”

“Hi, Roo.”

Jonghyun scoffed and squinted his eyes at Jinki. “You can’t greet her with that nice smile when I just scolded her. She’s going to end up liking you more than she likes me.”

“I guarantee you that she won’t.” Jinki said, smiling at the tiny dog that was jumping up and down his legs. “Let’s get you to bed so that I can leave, alright?”

“You’re not leaving.”

Jinki looked surprised at him. “I’m not?!”

“Uh, uh, no. I can’t stay alone today.” Jonghyun explained, grinning foolishly with his eyes almost closed. “You have to take care of me.”

Without giving him time to retort, Jonghyun grabbed Jinki’s hand and pulled him to the bedroom with Roo always behind them. He made him sit on the bed while he picked Roo up and put her on the bed by his side. Jonghyun stared at Jinki again and held his arm, pulling him near and making him lay down at the same time.

“Now, this is a good pillow.” He complimented, when his head hit Jinki’s arm. “I never knew you had muscles on your arms.”

“Let’s just go to sleep, okay?”

Jonghyun chuckled and agreed, closing his eyes and turning on his side so that the tip of his nose was touching Jinki’s neck. “You also smell nice.” Ever so lightly, Jonghyun puckered his lips and let them touch Jinki’s skin, making the latter tense up. “You know, I could beat the out of you.”

Just like that, the moment was shattered and Jinki had to make his best not to laugh. “I know.”

In the next second, Jonghyun hummed and was out like a light, breathing quietly and evenly on Jinki’s neck. The latter was still amused by Jonghyun’s last remark but the sound of his breathing quickly put him to rest too.

 

A.N: One more chapter. I hope you're still liking it and, please, tell me what you think