Into a Dream

To Turn a Blind Eye

Chapter 5-

Into a Dream


 

I stood in a place that had no ceiling or walls. There wasn't even a floor and I had no idea how I was standing. Who knows. In a place this dark, there could be a ceiling, walls, and a floor. I decided to walk forward and it seemed like I was walking forever until I felt another person behind me.

I turned around to see... me.

Not me as in Chloe me, but me as in Cleo me. I looked at the "me" in front of me and it seemed like "I" was examining myself too.

"You're me!" we both spoke and then immediatly shut up. We stood there looking at eachother for awhile. "Who are you?" Again we paused. "You go first."

At this there was finally a difference. While I pointed to "myself," "I" guestured to me with palm towards the not there ceiling. "I" smirked at this. "I guess you must be Cleo?" "I" said.

I blinked repeatedly until it clicked in my head. "Ah!" I exclaimed. "You're Chloe?" She nodded. "Then I guess you really are in my body."

Chloe smiled. "And you are in mine. Where are we anyways?"

We both looked around, it was still completely dark and it really was a surprise that we could see each other. "I don't know. The last thing I remember was being caught by some Jesus imitation dude as I fell after trying to save some girl from the river."

Chloe raised her eyebrow. "I'm going to try to understand what you're talking about and guess that you passed out at the same time I went to sleep so that means that this place is a dream, but I can't look past this "Jesus imitation dude" you mentioned."

"This guy walked on water! Only Jesus can do that!"

She frowned a bit when I said only, I had forgotten about that word, but she ignored it. "You must be talking about Joonmyun. He's the Exo Knight with the power of water, and their leader."

I frowned this time. "You mean magic exists in your world?" She nodded. "That's sooooo cool! So, if I pass this Knight Exam for you then I'll get some power."

Chloe smiled at me and said, "Of course. But, you're actually taking the exam for me?"

This time I smiled at her. "Oh I didn't want to at first, but your sister is very convincing. And threatening."

Laughter was heard throughout the nothingness and it echoed even though there were no walls for the sound to bounce off of. Chloe doubled over from laughing and wipped and invisible tear from her eye. "I'm sorry about my sister, but thank you so much for taking the exam for me. I myself have been working hard with Soora to understand the educational material in your world. It was hard, the first day I couldn't even understand Korean, but luckily your mind kicked in and started to fill in the words for me so I could understand," Chloe said.

I was about to speak and tell her "thank you" for learning so many things that she obviously didn't have in her world, but a sudden cold splashed over my body. As I lifted my hand I noticed that it was seethrough. I looked at my other hand and at my legs and found that my whole body was seethrough. "What's going on?!" I shouted.

Chloe tilted her head. "We're in a dream remember? You're probably waking up now."

I looked up at her. "Will I see you again?"

She shook her head. "I don't know, maybe if we dream at the same time again." She paused and then looked me in the eyes. "Tell my sister that I'm alright."

Then everything went white.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I leaned back on the chair in my room and thought back to the events that had happened yesterday. Those two girls from the river, the one with the black hair specifically. Who is she? I sighed and picked up the book from the little shelf over the desk in front of me. Flipping through I got to the page of Foreigners and looked to see if any new names had been added to the list of those who came from another world. I bit my lip when I saw nothing new. That's to be expected though, since the blond haired girl knew her. Besides, it was just a weird feeling that I got about the girl. It's probably nothing.

Glancing out the window on my right I saw people filing into the colloseum. Elderly, women, and children all were lined up, and not only to watch. I knew some of them were participating in the event today. I sighed again as I put the book back in its spot on the shelf and stood up to stretch. I walked over to my door and opened it, just to hear a thud. As I looked down I saw Baekhyun-hyung on the floor.

He looked up at me and stood up, brushing his pants off. "Geez, Kyungsoo, I know I hadn't knocked yet but do you have to open the door so suddently like that?" I walked past him and heading down the hallway, knowing that he was following me. "Are you excited? I sure am. I can't wait to kick some !" he shouted and fist pumped the air.

I threw a smirk over my shoulder to him and looked back to where I was heading. My smirk immediately turned into a frown. That girl, she's participating today.

"Oh yeah," Baekhyun said out of nowhere. "Joonmyun-hyung is even more excited than I am for some reason. Tao said it had something to do with that black haired girl from the river. She's participating in todays exam, and it seems that hyung has developed a thing for her even though he only saw her unconcsious once. That hyung is just too easy," he sighed in exasperation and shrugged his shoulders.

My frown deepened. "Hyung shouldn't get ideas into his head," I mumbled.

"Yeah that's what I told him. We don't even know if she'll pass or not. I'm betting that she doesn't, though I think hyung just wants to be the one against her at least so that he can get close."

We reached the end of the hallway and I opened the doors that led into the foyer. "I'm not sure about that."

"About what?" he asked me.

"That girl. I'm not sure if she'll fail. She jumped into that river to save the other girl. That takes guts."

Baekhyun scoffed. "Guts isn't everything Kyungsoo. Strength counts a lot in these exams too, you and I both know that."

"Mmh." I opened the giant doors and stepped out into the afternoon sunlight. There Tao and Joonmyung-hyung were waiting for us. Let's get this over with.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I woke up coughing and sneezing. I was cold and... Am I wet? I looked up to my right and saw Tala staring down at me, one hand on her hip and the other holding a bucket. "About time you woke up," she grumbled.

My eyes widened as I stared at the bucket. "Did you just dump freezing cold water on me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yes. Now hurry and get up." She put the bucket down and turned around and walked away. I stood up and took my clothes off to change into something that wasn't soaked. Tala came rushing back and shoved the old sword into my hands and pulled my shirt down the rest of the way simultaneously. "Take this. Now leave, leave!" She was pushing me out the door in a matter of seconds.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" I asked her, looking over my shoulder.

She smacked my head lightly. "You slept for the whole day and now its time for the exam. Hurry up or you're going to be late!"

"AH!" I yelled and started to run away. I skidded to a stop though and turned around. I didn't care if anyone overheard me and thought I was weird. Tala needed to know. "I saw your sister in my dream. She was me, I mean, she's in my body in my world! She's alright so don't worry anymore!"

Tala smiled but waved her hands towards me to shoo me away. I understood and ran as fast as I could towards the castle. Two days before Tala had shown me the was to the collosuem so I was able to get there pretty easily. However I didn't stand next to it before. It was huge and a beautiful gold. There was a little line still left and I got into it quickly, relieved that I wasn't actually late yet. Once I reached the front of the line I stood in front of a guard who looked down at me expectantly. He was dressed in silver armour and I could see bits of his white shirt underneath. The plate had a golden figure on it that appeared to be a wolf. "Uhm... I'm Chloe Pasteur. I'm hear to participate in the Knight Exams," I said in a shaky voice.

The guard looked through a list of names I didn't realize he was holding. "Ok so you're number thirty-hana. Once you walk in go to the seats on your right to join the rest of the participants. You all will fight hana by hana against a knight of ours. Good luck, you're going to need it."

"Thanks," I mumbled and walked through the gates. I'm not sure if he meant I specifically need luck. I sat where I was told and looked around. There was a lot of people here to  watch the event and suddenly I felt my nerves growing. Looking up to my right I saw what seemed to be special seating and sitting there was a little boy with a crown on his head and two guards surrounding him. That must be The One. He's pretty young. Soon the gates to the colloseum closed and trumpets started to play.

An elderly man walked into the center, followed by four younger guys. He cleared his throat. "Welcome to the Knight Exams!" The crowed cheered. "Let me introduce our knights for today. Sir Joonmyung, Sir Baekhyun, Sir Tao, and Sir Kyungsoo," the man guestured to the knights. Sir Joonmyung appeared to be the Jesus immitation dude that I had seen breifly, and my suspiscions about him being handsome were correct. However, the other knights were equally handsome in their own ways. Sir Baekhyun seemed to have a soothing light radiating from him, and it definitaly wasn't just because of his blond hair. Sir Tao, even though he seemed scary at first, did also seem to have some hidden cute side to him. I mean, those panda eye bangs are kind of adorable. And sir Kyungsoo had the most charming eyes of all. I was woken from my thoughts as the old man continued to speak. "They will be fighting twelve matches each, though hana of them will be fighting 13. Contestants," he then looked over to us. "I wish you the best of luck."

A guard walked into the center then and the old man went to the gates and sat in one of the five chairs in that area. The guard carried a glass ball with several peices of folded papers. "Contestant number hana," the guy next to me stood up. He seemed about 35, and he was really bulky. My nose scrunched up as I examined him. There's too much beef on that roll for my tastes. My attention turned back to the guard when the first contestant stood next to him. The guard stuck his hand in the bowl and pull out a paper. He opened in and read, "Sir Tao."

Sir Tao smirked and stepped forward to shake hands with the contestant who seemed a bit smug as he looked Sir Tao over. Probably thinking that lanky knight will be easy. I doubt it. The rest of the knights walked away and sat on the remaining chairs next to the gates. The two fighters took their positions in the colloseum and the guard backed up.

"Let the first round of the Knight Exams begin!"

 


Hey readers! Sorry about the late update, but I hope it was worth the wait. Please comment your likes, dislikes, and even your concerns! I'm all ears, or I guess eyes since I'll be reading and not listening to them.

Please continue to show To Turn a Blind Eye lots of love even if the updates get a little slow~