His Decision

Gentle Breeze

Chapter 5 His Decision

 

“We’re sorry for the inconvenience.” The hotelier bowed. He then straightens his body again and gave an explanation. “We had repaired the water pipe two days ago, but it turns out the pipe leaked again. Once again, we apologize.”

 

Seohyun sighed. “Well, no problem. I won’t dispute it any longer. You can give me another room in return.”

 

The manager glanced at his assistant, hesitating to say something on his mind, but his assistant nodded, assuring him to answer. The manager and the assistant then bowed once again. “We apologize to say this but we don’t have any empty room  for next few days. We will pay for the disadvantage that we caused. We’re sorry, madam.”

 

“W-what?” Seohyun was about to blow up but she surpressed herself. How could her fate do this to her? She barely got a room but then, she had to find a room again, moreover, at this late night.

 

Shortly after he heard Seohyun’s voice, Yonghwa went out from Seohyun’s room, covering himself with a towel. He saw Seohyun was talking with the hoteliers.

 

“Is there really not any spare room? I mean, I don’t mind if I have to pay for VIP room.”

 

“Once again, we are sorry. We would help you to find a room at another hotel tonight, but It would take a while. We hope you could wait for it.”

 

Hearing his answer, Seohyun gave a long, weary sighed. Various things  happened to her recently. She didn’t know, maybe it was wrong for her from the start to rebel like this. She should have gone to Jeju instead, with her unnies.

 

As she noticed, Yonghwa was standing beside her. He touched her shoulder softly, making Seohyun turned her head to him.  “Let me find another hotel tonight. You can use my room.” He said, making her frowned.

 

“What are you saying? You should dry yourself first and took a rest. I’m afraid you’ll catch a cold like this. Besides, It was my room that got in trouble, not yours.”

 

“No, I’m fine. Just use my room.” Yonghwa gave her his room key, but she refused it. “No, oppa. I won’t accept it.”

 

“Ijasshik, just take it.”

 

“Excuse me.” The manager stopped them from ‘handing the key’ game.  Seohyun and Yonghwa turned their head to the manager, waiting for his saying. “If you don’t mind, you can use the room together.”

 

Their eyes grew bigger. Yonghwa was stealing a glance at Seohyun, not saying anything, meanwhile, Seohyun could feel her face were getting hot. “H-how can we sleep in the same bed when we’re not even a couple?”

 

But the manager continued his sentence. “Don’t worry, madam. We are not suggesting you sleep in one bed since we have some extra bed. You can use it, we will lend it to you for free.”

 

Seohyun was blushing, embarrassed because she misunderstood the manager. She didn’t know why but recently her mind was....really. what’s wrong with her actually?

 

Yonghwa knew Seohyun was that kind of girl who should be respected. How dare he to sleep in one room with her even though on a different bed? No, he shouldn’t do that. Thinking that, he cleared his throat and started to open his mouth.

 

“No, I’ll find....”

 

But, before he could finish his sentence,  Seohyun cut it off. “Please give us the extra bed.”

 

---------

 

“So you said that Seohyun has something to do so she couldn’t join us to Jeju?”

 

Responding to the manager who repeated what her saying, Taeyeon nodded. She told him about the sudden disappearance of Seohyun at the airport and they were searching for her, that was when they knew that their maknae wouldn’t join the holiday together with them. Of course, they didn’t mention any single thing about Seohyun going to Hawaii by herself or about Jung Yonghwa going together with her, to make this matter simple. But the manager isn’t an easy person, he lifted his left brow and asked, “Where did she go actually?”

 

Taeyeon thinned her lip, thinking about the right words, but Hyoyeon quickly answered. “ She’s still in America, meeting up with some relatives.”

 

“Why did she never tell me about this? She usually asks for my permission first.”

 

“Oppa. Should we let Seohyun go this once? I’m sure she’ll come back on time, she is mature enough to keep her commitment. I know you know who Seohyun is.” Said Hyoyeon. The rest members nodded, agreeing with her.

 

After some minutes of silence, the manager escaped a sigh. “Alright girls,  I believe in you and I believe in Seohyun. I believe she will be here before the photoshoot session in the day after tomorrow. So for now, let’s rest. And, enjoy your holiday.” After said that he smiled. Feeling relieved, the girls were cheering and approaching the manager. “Thank you oppa!!”

 

When they were happy because of the manager gave Seohyun his permission, Tiffany stealthy took her phone and sent a message while giggling happily.

 

------

 

The awkwardness was in the air. It has been a long time since Yonghwa felt cautious like this. He was sitting, then he stood and stared at Seohyun who was unpacking her stuff, wondering whether he should help her or not. In the end, he sat again, not knowing what to do. He felt restless, still trying to calm his heart. But, he’s in one room right now, with no other girls but Seohyun. Only two of them. How could he act calm in a situation like this?

 

Suddenly, his phone beeped.

 

'How is your first honeymoon night~? Don’t tell me, you and uri maknae are sharing one room right now... *giggled*'

 

Reading Tiffany’s message caused his throat suddenly choked and he coughed loudly. His eyes then observed around the room.

 

Don’t tell me, all this time we were watched? There must be cameras around here, if there wasn't, how could Tiffany guess it right?

 

“Yong oppa?” Yonghwa surprised when he found Seohyun right in front of him. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

 

He held his breath and shook his head. “No, nothing.”

 

The girl sat next to him, staring at him with her beautiful eyes, there was worry reflected in her eyes. She slowly took the towel that circled in his neck with her two hands and rubbed his hair gently with it. “We should ask for hairdryer earlier. I’m afraid you’ll be sick. Do you really not bring other clothes?”

 

Instead of answering her question, Yonghwa was drowned in his mind, admiring the beautiful girl in front of him.

 

How could her worry face is so beautiful?

 

“Oppa, did you hear me?” Seohyun’s voice brought him back from his mind. 

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Do you really not bring any other clothes with you? You looked uncomfortable wearing this bathrobe.”

 

“No, I’m fine. The hotelier promised me to wash my clothes and return it tomorrow morning, so you don’t have to worry.”

 

“After tomorrow’s breakfast, let’s go to the downtown, oppa. We should buy you some clothes.”

 

“Alright.”

 

When Yonghwa’s hair started to dry, Seohyun fixed his hair so it wouldn’t be a mess.

 

“I’m done, oppa. You can go to sleep now.”

 

“Thank you, hyun.”

 

She smiled before she stood up. “Sleep first. I’ll go to the bathroom.”

 

Yonghwa nodded and continued staring her until she disappears into the bathroom. He then lied down on the bed and kept staring at the bathroom door. He, together with Seo Joohyun in this room, felt it like a dream. He pinched his cheek to make sure that this was a reality. Finally, he was sure that it was true, It was real.

 

After some minutes passed, Seohyun went out from the bathroom. Her eyes grew bigger when she found Yonghwa was staring at her. “Yong oppa, you haven’t sleep yet?” She quickly covering her face with her hands. “Don’t look at me!”

 

Yonghwa chuckled seeing her reaction. “Why?”

 

“I’m not wearing any makeup on oppa. So, don’t look at me!”

 

Seohyun was walking to her bed while covering her face, but Yonghwa was standing in front of her, making her halted. He held her hands, trying to remove the hands from her face. But, she held him back and Yonghwa found it was cute.

 

“Why are you so shy?” he said while smiling, showing his snaggletooth.

 

“I never show you my bare face, so...”

 

“What are you saying? I’ve seen it earlier.” He then tried to remove her face again and succeed this time. Slowly, he could see her beautiful face perfectly. Her pretty eyes, her white complexion, and her pink lips, even without any makeup on, she’s already stunning in his eyes. She’s not that different with her makeup on, though.

 

Unconsciously, he cupped his hands on her face and sounded what’s on his mind softly, “You’re beautiful Seo Joohyun. Really.”

 

“Thanks for being considerate.”

 

“No, I said it honestly. I think you’re really beautiful.”

 

With reddened cheeks and shy expression, Seohyun smiled and it made him overwhelm. The next second, Yonghwa found himself brushing her pink lip with the tip of his thumb and he could feel his lips burning with the urge for kissing her. Her lip, he really wanted to meet her lips with his. However, her clear eyes that were gazing up at him caused his rational mind woke up. He then pushed himself away from her, to calm his desire. “I’ll go to sleep.” He said while walking back to his bed and lied down.

 

Staring at him, Seohyun released a small sighed. “Alright, oppa. Good night.” She turned off the light and went to her bed.

 

In the dim light, Yonghwa steals a glance at Seohyun who had already covered her half body with the bed sheet while backing at him. Today was really like a torture for him, a nice one but still pressured him. If his rational self-didn't find his way back, he had kissed her several times today, such as just now and at the beach before. But, he tried really hard to stay cautious and maintained his behaviour toward the girl. She was someone special to him, he couldn’t do any reckless things that could hurt her. He wanted to protect her, letting her feel secure with his existence and feel his pure love. Yes, he loves her and it had been a long time since he realized it. Now, he couldn’t suppress his feelings anymore. He must tell her about it, about his warm feelings that he felt toward her, before he ran out of time, before this trip end.