Night Breeze

Gentle Breeze

Chapter 4 Night Breeze

 

‘I had something going on. See you in Korea in two days.’

 

Jonghyun still couldn’t believe what he saw on his smartphone screen. Just right before their plane took off, Yonghwa sent this message to him. Because of that, he didn’t have any chance to find him or even just to ask him the reason. They are going to be busy preparing and practicing their new song for next days on. How can he, as a leader and a main vocalist, just leave like that? Not just Jonghyun, Jungshin also thought it was unbelievable. But, Minhyuk was assuring them there must be a reason why their hyung was acting like this, he was sure of it. Well, Yonghwa isn’t the irresponsible type and they knew that.

 

“Hyung, do you really have no clue about this?” Jungshin asked Jonghyun, and he shook his head. Once again, Jungshin sighed. “That choding hyung, what is he doing right now? He'll disappear for two days, is he crazy?”

 

“He probably went to find his inspiration. Sometimes a musician needs to refresh his mind.” Minhyuk gave his thought.

 

Jonghyun blinked, suddenly he remembered Yonghwa was asking him about SNSD’s holiday. He then grinned, causing Jungshin frowned. “I smell something fishy here.”

 

--------

 

It’s not even a peak season, but, even though Yonghwa and Seohyun had visited several hotels to check in, all of them were full booked. The one that supposed to be SNSD’s staying place was also full tonight. Because of this sudden trip, they had no time to make any reservation. They almost decided to stay at a hostel instead before they found another hotel not too far from the beach, a three-star hotel. It’s not a luxurious one but seemed decent enough to stay for their vacation.

 

Seohyun reached the receptionist desk, hoping that this one would work. “I'd like two rooms, for two nights please.”

 

“Pardon me, one room or two rooms?” The receptionist repeated to make sure what she heard was right. It was unusual for a couple coming to Hawaii and reserving separated room. Well, they looked like a couple in that receptionist's eyes. But, Yonghwa and Seohyun said, "Two rooms." confirming her words.

 

“Please wait a moment.”

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa fluttered, they hoped this hotel would have enough room for them to stay. They didn’t want to waste their limited time only for searching a place to stay. After some minutes passed, the receptionist was back, making them nervous.

 

“We have two rooms that you requested, I just need you to fill in this form please.”

 

Hearing the receptionist words, Seohyun and Yonghwa felt relieved. Finally, they could rest and unpacked their belongings. 

 

After receiving the keys, they went to the mentioned room. It was on the second floor and their room was only separated by two rooms. Moreover, it had a nice beach view that was satisfying enough for them. After checking the room, Seohyun began to unpack her stuff and found her notebook. She planned this trip as holidays with all SNSD members in mind, and now, she had to rearrange this schedule because it turned out she didn’t go with her unnies and went with Jung Yonghwa instead. Thinking that, she suddenly felt excited to know what’s waiting for her ahead in this holiday.

 

All of sudden, knock sounds could be heard following by Yonghwa’s voice after. “Hyun, are you done unpacking yet?”

 

“Ne.” She said as opened the door and found Yonghwa standing there.

 

“Let’s have dinner out.”

 

“Sure, but I have to change my clothes first. Please wait a moment.”

 

She then closed the door again, leaving Yonghwa felt excited inside. It was like inviting a girl out, wasn’t it? Thinking that made his heart fluttered. After some moment passed, Seohyun opened the door again, with a white beach dress on her which she deliberately bought it for this trip.

 

Seeing the beautiful Seohyun made Yonghwa stunned. He couldn’t take his eyes off from her beautiful figure, she’s always astounding whenever, with whatever she wears on.

 

Seohyun tilted her head to saw Yonghwa's face clearer, “What’s wrong, oppa?”

 

Yonghwa snapped back to reality and shook his head. “Nothing. Let’s go.”

 

When Seohyun was about to leave her room, she noticed something, causing the girl stopped walking. “Do you hear a hissing sound?”

 

He tried to sharpen his hearing, searching for the sound she mentioned, but he couldn’t hear anything. “I don’t hear any.”

 

“Maybe it’s just my imagination.”

 

------

 

To have a beachfront dinner was one of the most activities she wanted  to do in Hawaii. See a beautiful beach with the sound of waves and feel the night breeze while having a dinner was so romantic. This was her first time having dinner like this and she could feel this  dinner would become a memorable one for her. Why? Because she really likes this moment.

 

Having dinner with Yonghwa after a long time made her feel nostalgic and delighted inside. it had been more than one years ago since she meeting him at night like this, having a long conversation, not just a short greeting at the salon or music programs. All this time, she deliberately tried to not be spotted with him except it was necessary because she was aware of their dating rumor. She’s still pursuing her career, same with Yonghwa, and she didn’t want to ruin it just because of a mere scandal. But right now, it was different. It was nice to be able to hear every single words he said, comfortably seeing his face, and laughing along with him as she pleased, without caring about her surrounding. It was more fun than when she was filming We Got Married program with him. It was really different, in a positive way.

 

After the dinner, they decided to take a stroll at the beach. As soon as they reaching there, Yonghwa took off his shoes and ran around barefoot to feel the soft sand on his feet. Seohyun was laughing at his childish behavior, but seeing how excited he was made Seohyun want to join him as well. She unconsciously took off her sandals and ran happily toward him.

 

The wave was reaching the shore and drenching their feet. The water temperature was quite warm and Seohyun really liked it. When she was enjoying the seawater wetting her feet, Yonghwa splashed some water to Seohyun.

 

“Oh, oppa!” she cried as she avoided the splashes, but she couldn’t avoid it completely. Meanwhile, Yonghwa was laughing happily seeing her reaction. Hating to lose, Seohyun wanted to get revenge and splash water to Yonghwa as well, but, thanks to his great reflex, he managed to dodge it.

 

“Ya! I don’t have any clothes besides this one I’m wearing, don’t get me wet!” even after said that he splashed Seohyun once again and quickly ran away.

 

Seohyun pouted. “If you don’t want to get wet, don’t splash to me.” She thought it was unfair if he didn’t get drenched even a bit. So, she really must had to get revenge. But, he was really fast in dodging her, causing her craved more and more to get him drenched. Unfortunately, when she was chasing after him like that, she stumbled and fell. At the time he noticed she fell down, Yonghwa turned back from running and ran toward her instead.

 

“Are you okay?” Yonghwa looked worried. He squatted down in front of her so he could see her condition, meanwhile, Seohyun was busy worrying her white dress that got dirty because she fell on the wet sand.

 

“Did you get hurt?” He asked again, cupping his right hand on her face, to get her attention. At that time, Seohyun lifted her head and their eyes met. They realized that they were really close at the moment, only a few centimeters apart.

 

Seohyun could hear her heart throbbing. His hand left a weird sensation on her cheek’s skin, and his eyes, she couldn’t even look at elsewhere, she was trapped in his stare. There was a silence between them, only the sound of breeze could be heard. Suddenly she noticed his stare became softer and he leaned forward, closer and closer toward her. Without her knowing, her heart was racing like crazy. She never had any situation like this, not even once. Unconsciously, she closed her eyes tightly and pressed her lip together. But after some moment passed, she could felt her hairs were raked, making Seohyun opened her eyes. Just to found Yonghwa not so close to her again.

 

“There’s something in your hair.” He grinned.

 

For some reason, she got irritated. When the wave was approaching, she used that chance to splashed water to him with all her power. But the fact that he succeded to avoid it again made her annoyance accumulated. She then walked away, leaving Yonghwa behind.

 

“Ya! Where are you going?”

 

“I’m back.” She said without turning back.

 

Yonghwa sighed and caught her up. He then grabbed her hand, pulling her so that he can face her. He then took his ed shirt off and handed it to Seohyun.

 

“Put it first so you won’t catch a cold.”

 

After staring him, she received that outer shirt and circled it on her lower body. She then turned again, walking at a quick pace, causing Yonghwa had to catch her up again while wondering what happened.

 

 

 

On the way to the hotel, Seohyun didn’t say any words, he knew she was upset with him, making Yonghwa felt guilty, but he didn't know what exactly made her angry was. And right the moment, they were in the hotel corridor, heading towards their rooms.

 

“Hyun~...” he called her, but she didn’t respond. Trying to please her, he nudged her in a cute way. “Please, don’t be mad.”

 

Was she mad at him? She wondered. No, it was not anger. It was more like irritation, or... disappointment? She pondered.

 

“Sorry, I have to avoid you because I shouldn’t get wet, at least until I buy some clothes tomorrow.”

 

She knew he was sincere with his apology, but her heart was still irritated. She wondered why. The fact that she couldn’t get her revenge was upsetting her, but, there’s another reason that made her felt irritated more than that. The disappointment after she expected a kiss from him.

 

The realization made her step halted.

 

I expected him... what?

 

Her cheeks were reddened, she couldn’t believe what just crossed in her mind. Why would she get irritated over that matter? No, how in the world she even thought something like that? She shook her head, meanwhile, Yonghwa didn’t have any clue about what happened to her.

 

“Hyun?”

 

In a state of embarrassment, while trying to hide her blushing, she said. “ Ne, one, I forgive you!” 

 

She walked to her room door and quickly left him, how could she face him right now? While Seohyun searching for her room key and going to open her room, Yonghwa was already standing in front of her.

 

“What again?” She frowned.

 

“I just want to see your smile.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep tonight if I didn’t see you smile even though you said you forgave me.” He was staring at her. “Please smile at me.”

 

She gulped. Well, she was being childish right now to get mad over something like that. And weird. It was not like herself at all. 

 

Slowly but beautifully, a curve was made on her lip. “I’m not mad, oppa. You can relax now.”

 

Feeling relieved, Yonghwa smiled as well, showing his snaggletooth. He then took a step back and bowed. “Okay then, please enter your room, madam.”

 

At that time, he noticed something. “Hey, there’s water coming out from your room.”

 

Seohyun glanced down and found the carpet was wet. Hoping there’s nothing wrong with her room, she quickly opened the door and found her room was puddled by the water coming from her bathroom.

 

“I’ll check.” Yonghwa let Seohyun wait outside and entered the bathroom by himself, leaving Seohyun restless. Was she leaving the faucet open? She wasn’t sure herself.

 

After several minutes, Yonghwa came out from the bathroom, drenched. It probably wasn't just an opened tab.

 

“What happen?” She asked.

 

“Call the hotel management, it seems something was broken here.”

 


Author's note

After twenty days I finally update this story, I'm sorry! 

I was busy with my graduation this time. Yeah, I just graduated from my university, yeayy!

I decided to not change the title for a while until I think of more suitable one later. Maybe you can give me suggestion again? hehe.

Thank you for reading this story, there will be future chapters ahead, please keep anticipating it :))