Maknae Rebellion

Gentle Breeze

Chapter 1 Maknae Rebellion

 

=2012, in Los Angeles, U.S.A=

 

 

“Thank you for your hard work!!” The staff and manager greeted all SNSD members when they were back from the stage. It was exhausting to have to practice some songs and dance, but it was worth the exhilaration of performing in front of the thousands of cheering fans of LA. The nine girls headed straight to their make up room to change their clothes with comfortable one before they went back to their hotel.

 

 

“I’ll sleep early tonight, my body is eager to lie down on the bed right now.” A sigh escaped Tiffany’s lip before she took a sip from the bottle that was handed to her from one of SNSD staff.

 

 

“Yes, me too,” Taeyeon agreed. She really needed to rest tonight.

 

 

Seeing Taeyeon was walking like a zombie, Seohyun shook her unnie’s body. “Unnie, don’t forget to pack before you go to sleep. If you do, we could be late for tomorrow’s flight.”

 

 

“Aigoo, I’m so tired tonight. I’ll pack my bag tomorrow...” Taeyeon repeatedly hit her right shoulder with her left hand. Seohyun knew her unnie was really tired, so she put her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulders and started massaging her.

 

 

“How is it? Feel better?”

 

 

Taeyeon always thought maknae’s massages were the best. She should really really get a license for it. “Do it harder.” She mumbled while enjoying the massage.

 

 

“Seohyun-ah, do it for me, too. I’m also really tired...” Tiffany was pouting with her eye smile.

 

 

Seohyun sighed and moved her hand from Taeyeon’s shoulder to Tiffany’s. “Promise me you’ll pack your belonging tonight and wake up early tomorrow.”

 

 

With a satisfied smile, Tiffany replied, “Yes, I’ll do that.”

 

 

“Maknae-yah, massage me too,” Yuri requested, followed by Sooyoung and Jessica.

 

 

“Unnie! I’m also tired, just ask coordi unnie to massage all of you.”

 

 

“But you seem to have a huge amount of energy stored,” Sunny teased.

 

 

“You can’t wait for tomorrow to come, right?”

 

Hyeoyeon guessed right. The maknae was the most excited when they had heard about tomorrow’s schedule from their manager. Because of their busy activities during the year, the company gave two days holiday for them, to the Hawaii. Going to Hawaii was Seohyun’s dream, especially she was going there with her unnies.

 

 

“Yes, I still can’t believe that the company allowed us to get a trip to Hawaii! We barely get a break because of our next album’s preparation, so I’m really excited about this.” Her unnies were glad seeing their maknae was very anxious about this trip. She had made a list of destinations in Hawaii she want to visit and had even browsed for the details about the places.

 

 

Before any of the girls could respond, the manager opened the door. “Girls, let’s head back to the hotel. I have an announcement about tomorrow’s schedule.”

 

 

“Ne!” the nine girls replied. After grabbing her bag, Seohyun quickly stood up and followed the manager oppa.

 

 

“Look at her, she really loves Hawaii, doesn’t she?” Yoona shook her head as she whispered to Hyoyeon.

 

 

Hyoyeon smiled. “Let her enjoy the holiday, she deserves that.”

 

 

When they were walking to their van, they encountered CNBLUE who were also heading back to their hotel and greeted each other. Seohyun didn’t know why, although she always greet other male celebrity casually, she couldn’t do that with Yonghwa. She tried to act normally, but there was something different about him that distinguished him from other males.

 

 

Her eyes met his, like when their eyes met at the stage earlier. It was always like this, his stare made the time slow around her and at the same time made her felt warm inside. It's weird feeling, but somehow she didn't hate it.

 

 

“Stop staring at each other! Just kiss each other already.” Tiffany giggled while pushed her lovely maknae to Yonghwa, but Seohyun managed to hold back.

 

 

“What are you doing?” as she attempted to hide her blush. Tiffany always enjoys teasing Seohyun even though she knew that Seohyun’s not in that kind relationship with Yonghwa. Seohyun and Yonghwa were just friends who became closer through a virtual marriage program, ‘We Got Married’, nothing more than that.

 

 

He then smiled, showing his snaggletooth. Seohyun always thought it was cute. “You look happy. Is it because you see me?”

 

 

She quickly shook her head. “N-no.”

 

 

Yoona cut into their conversation. “Yes, it’s because of you, Yong husband! She's happy because of tomorrow's holiday, but seeing you makes her happier.”'

 

 

"U-unnie!"

 

 

Yonghwa lifted his eyebrows. “Holiday?” but he couldn’t get any explanation from the girls because SNSD’s manager call the girls as their van was ready.

 

 

“See you!” the girls was walking away, leaving the boys behind. As they were walking to their van, Yonghwa was staring at Seohyun’s back, waiting when the girl turned her head. But, it didn’t happen. Since the first time he met Seohyun, he never be able to read her mind, not even once. So right now, even he really want to know about her thought about him, he couldn’t found the answer.

 

 

“Hyung, we should go back to our hotel.” Jungshin snapped him out of his thoughts.

 

 

“You’re right. Let’s go back.”

 

 

The boys moved from their spot and went back to the parking area.

 

But without anyone knows, Seohyun turned her head, looking for Yonghwa’s figure, but he was nowhere to be found.   

 

 

------

 

 

“I’m sorry for saying this, but the destination for tomorrow’s flight was changed.”

 

 

Hearing the manager’s words, the SNSD girls glanced at Seohyun. The maknae must be shocked at hearing this news. He said the destination was changed, it meant they wouldn’t go to Hawaii, would they?

 

 

“W-why, oppa?” Seohyun asked, surprised.

 

 

“The company got a sponsor that would pay for your holiday on Jeju Island. Moreover, after the two days of holiday, you will have a photo session in Jeju, so it makes your schedule more productive.”

 

 

The girls stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Granted, they were all a little disappointed, but a holiday in Jeju was not bad. Still, they felt bad to Seohyun.

 

 

“Let’s rest for today;, the flight was still at the same time. We’ll still have our holiday, just a different location. Keep anticipating it.” That being said, the manager left. And Seohyun, she just sat still with a long face, feeling disappointed.

 

 

-----

 

 

Hyoyeon opened the door to let Yuri in.  “Let me use your hair dryer. Mine is broken.” Yuri said as soon as she entered the room.

 

 

Hyoyeon closed the door again before she pointed where she put her hair dryer to Yuri. “It was in the bathroom.”

 

 

When Yuri was walking to the bathroom, she saw  Seohyun already lying on her bed with the cover on her. She looked at Hyoyeon and the girl nodded, confirming Yuri’s silent hypothesis. Not wanting to let the maknae sad like this, Yuri sat at Seohyun bed side and patted her softly. She could see her opened note book with her plan list for the holiday on the table.

 

 

“Seohyun-ah...” when Yuri was about to opened the cover, Hyoyeon stopped her. She shook her head. “She needs time alone,”

Hyoyeon said, almost whispered.

 

 

She was sad seeing Seohyun like this, and she really wants to help her. But, what could she do? They had to obey the company after all. Yuri exhaled and stood up. “Just go to Hawaii. You still have the ticket, don’t you?”

 

 

After Yuri said that, Hyoyeon nudges her. “Are you crazy?”

 

 

But Yuri didn’t give any answer to Hyoyeon who asking about her sanity. She chose to finished her affairs, to get the hair dryer. When Yuri disappeared to the bathroom, her voice was still echoed. “For next two days we won’t have any works to do, so it’s up to us actually to spend those times.”

 

 

“Don’t be reckless, even though it’s holiday, the company would still oversee and guard us.”

 

 

“I know, but sometimes being a rebel is cute.” Yuri then came out from the bathroom with a hair dryer in her hand. “I’ll take this.”

 

 

Afraid of Seohyun being influenced by Yuri’s words, Hyoyeon pushed Yuri to the door. “Go back to your room.”

 

 

“Okay. I’ll return this tomorrow.” Yuri said while shaking the dryer and stepped outside. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon folded her arms on chest and shook her head. She then stared at the lying maknae.

 

 

“Seohyun-ah?” she called her softly but Seohyun didn’t respond. Hyoyeon released a relieved sigh. It was better if the maknae was sleeping, she hoped Seohyun didn’t hear Yuri’s suggestion earlier.

 

 

------

 

 

The plane had taken off about one and half hour ago. At that time, the manager just went back from the toilet when he passed the girls’ seats. He felt that the girls were quieter than usual. Were they just tired because of yesterday? He wondered.

 

 

His eyes fell on seohyun’s seat which was beside Hyoyeon’s. She was covered her face with a red scarf and a blindfold. And Hyoyeon, she was sleeping comfortably. Maybe it was right for him to pull the scarf down so she could breath easily. When he was about to touch the scarf, Hyoyeon opened her eyes and grabbed his arm, making him surprised.

 

 

“Don’t!” she screamed.

 

 

The manager lifted his left eyebrow. “She couldn’t breath like that.” He was bending his body again but Hyoyeon held him back.

 

 

“You don’t have to, she’s the one who wants to sleep like that.”

 

 

“I’m not sure about that.”

 

 

But, his arm was being held by sunny, making him turned his head to her. “Hyoyeon is right, we shouldn’t disturb her sleep. Seohyun was tired.” Sunny tried to convince him.

 

 

The manager narrowed his eyes. Hyoyeon and sunny, these two were suspicious, it looks like they hid something. And also, Seohyun looked really weird.

 

 

It seemed that the luck wasn’t on the girls' side. The turbulence made Seohyun fell, but, it’s not Seohyun. It’s a bag and a mannequin’s head that wore a hat, blindfold, and a scarf. Sunny closed his mouth with her hand while Hyoyeon lowered her head, cursing the fate quietly.

 

 

“Where’s Seohyun?” he asked to them.

 

 

“She is in the bathroom,” Yuri answered.

 

 

“I just came back from the bathroom. You can’t lie to me. Where’s she?”

 

 

It couldn’t be helped. They were busted.

 

 

 

 

In the meantime, on another plane with her blindfold on, Seohyun sneezed. She didn’t know why but suddenly her nose felt itchy. All this time she barely caught the flu because she always keeps her health. Maybe she should eat healthier food from today on.

 

 

“Do you want some tissue?” she could hear the other person’s voice who sat next to her. He talked Japanese, maybe he’s also a tourist like her.

 

 

“Thank you.” She opened her blindfold and found the man’s hand with the tissue was already in front of her. She took a tissue and cleaned her nose.

 

 

“Do you want some more?” he asked again.

 

 

“No, thanks.”

 

 

"Alright then."

 

 

This person’s voice was really familiar. Maybe he was someone she knew? She turned around and found someone she wasn’t expecting in front of her.

 

“Y-Yong oppa?!”

 


 

Author's note

I hope you like the first chapter :D I skipped some parts and I was going to tell it in the next chapter

I'm sorry because there must be many grammatical errors or wrong spelling, please bear with it, because english isn't my first languange

Feel free to give your comment, to subscribe or upvote this fic, I'll appreciate it a lot~