{Ravi x Hyuna} A La Folie

VIXX & GIRLS

Title: A La Folie
Genre: romance, fluff
Type: university!au, drabble, PG-15

  

Wonshik Hyuna

A/N: A La Folie is a French phrase that means “madly” or “madly in love”, it also acts as the French version of “S/he loves me, s/he loves me not..” while picking the petals of a flower; decided to include members of Mamamoo (except Solar though sobs I'm sorry) because why not. I love them so much! (And I love Ravi x Moonbyul too heh)

 

 

"Alright. Class dismissed. Please do and submit your report papers tomorrow and don't forget to review for exam week." He talked as the bell rang.

 

The class answered and soon left the room one by one. Hyuna stood up from her seat, waiting for her friend before heading out together. At the cafeteria, a lot of the students were talking about a certain professor they all seem to have a crush on. Hyuna seemed ignorant of it but as soon as they sat down a table, her friend, Hwasa started talking to her about the same guy. They're lucky to have him as their English professor, she mentioned. The other started eating, not even replying to what her friend has been saying. She hissed, she knows Hyuna likes him, and a lot more than just a crush. She's been following him even before she took a step into the university. Heck, he's the reason she came to this school. Hyuna's used to other students fawning over him, her friend recalled. Although she's been following him, she hasn't gotten into a closure with him, and that their relationship remained as a professor-student one. It's true that she really like him, but she isn't the type to get clingy or flirty towards him. She respects him as their professor, and that's just the way it is.

 

Hwasa kept interrupting her all the way to the library, telling how handsome he gets everyday, how he looks at students with his charismatic, strong gaze and how his deep voice sounds so y. Hyuna grimaced, asking her to stop. "For once after eating, I would like to focus on my studies please? Without any distractions?" She didn't want to sound sarcastic but she just wants to get a good grade in his class, her friend knew that. Besides, she doesn't wear those large hippy graded glasses for nothing, she is the class' top student anyway too, and would not like it if she fails even one time in any subject.

 

It was supposed to be quiet, but someone interrupted them once again. The class president, a know-it-all, attention who thinks she's really pretty and uses it to her advantage, basically a bully too and a painful sight for both Hyuna and Hwasa. She approached her and started bickering about her studying and doing the report paper only so she could get their professor's attention. Hwasa protested, telling her to stop and reminding her that they're inside the library. Hyuna shushed her friend, not wanting her to involve herself into anymore trouble. Just let her be, she whispered. The other took in deep breath and obliged, sitting back down. Wheein, the class president, scoffed. She always gets annoyed whenever they don't respond or react to her at all. How about teasing her more, she thought.

 

"Hey Hyuna, I'm sure you've heard but professor is with our music teacher now. You're aware right? Or are you jealous?"

 

The girl paused in writing. She knew about that, and it kind of upset her. Moonbyul isn't a good girlfriend, she noticed. She only like the guy for his looks, for his body and you all know. She doesn't know how their professor got to like her. Maybe, and probably, she acts differently in front of him. It's impossible she used witchcraft or something right? She turned to her, dropping her pen on the table.

 

"Yes, I am. I'm aware. But you know what, I don't even care. Now if you think that's insulting, then you're a jerk."

 

She responded as softly as she could. Hwasa covered , trying to muffle her laughter. The other students along the table witnessed how she mortified and talked back to her, and even nodded in agreement. Wheein felt really embarrassed. With clenched fists, she left their sight. Good riddance, Hyuna uttered. Clapping inaudibly, Hwasa felt she deserves an award. She'll treat her dinner, she said.

 

 

The next day, during English class, Hyuna wasn't paying attention to their professor. She was thinking about him though, and Moonbyul. She sighed softly and looked down to her notebook, started doodling randomly in it. As she continued, she wasn't aware that the class were already passing their report papers. No one even tried to get her back to her senses to pass hers. She was lost in her own thoughts. Until after class, her friend tugged on her repeatedly, asking why she still has her papers behind her notebook. That's when Hyuna only got back her consciousness. She looked up at her friend, dumbfounded. The latter laughed, asking her what she's been doing during class, and that she's lucky their professor didn't notice. How stupid of her not to pass her papers, she thought. She quickly stood up and told Hwasa to go first, that she'll have to go to the professor's office to give her report paper. Hwasa wished her luck.

 

Upon arriving the teacher's lounge, she asked where his room is, she gathered her courage as she paused at the front door and opened it slowly. She was surprised to see the guy, with Moonbyul; he has her on his lap, playing with his tie and planting faint kisses on his neck. She was about to get out when she accidentally made a thud hitting her hand on the doorknob. The two didn't looked panicked at all though, but Moonbyul narrowed her eyes at her. She felt her legs shaking a bit.

 

"Seems like you have to teach your students how to knock on the door before coming in as well."

 

The guy chuckled, telling her to not be hard towards his student, and that she barges in too anyway. Moonbyul rolled her eyes and gets off of his lap. She walked towards Hyuna and scowled at her. She looked back at him with a smile, and told him that she'll leave them to their business. She bumped her purposely and heads outside. "Sorry if I interrupted you, Professor Kim."

 

"No, it's okay. I wanted her out anyway. So, what do you have for me, uh, Hyuna right?"

 

She beamed, it made her happy that he can recall her name easily despite being one of the quietest student in his class. Sauntering, she tried keeping her eyes on him but her heart started beating fast. The atmosphere felt weird and cold but she tried ignoring it. She scooted her papers to him, bowing her head and apologizing for not passing it earlier, she also mentioned how she wasn't paying attention in class awhile ago. The guy chuckled once again, he asked where her attention was. Hyuna flustered a bit. How can she answer honestly to his question. She glanced down, fiddling with her fingers. "Just some things." She answered like that. Was that weird, or... She thought. Her professor smiled, and it almost made her melt internally. He nodded, glancing at her papers.

 

"Alright. Well, I hope they're not distractions, please be reminded of your exam week."

 

Hyuna smiled. They aren't distractions, she responded. He's her inspiration, nonetheless. His words her day, and his smile too, and his chuckle. They're all inspirations, she thought. She bowed to him once more before leaving. Before she could get out, he called her, saying how he's expecting a lot from her report paper and in the future as well. She grinned. This was their first closure, she thinks.


Before she could get out of the teachers' lounge, Moonbyul blocked her path. She was giving that suspicious look in her eyes, same as earlier. Hyuna felt a bit insecure of herself. She bowed her head, saying sorry for what happened, that she didn't mean to, and— Moonbyul cut her off. She's annoying, she told her. She warned her, "Don't ever try and flirt with your professor, or else I'd have to ask the principal to expel one of his best and smartest student. I'm watching you, and not just you. Be careful." Hyuna can only nod.

 

 

A month passed, and it seems like Wonshik and Moonbyul didn't last long. Rumors about their breakup began spreading but no one really knows what happened except them two. Hwasa ran to her friend to deliver the news, but she was already aware of it. She looked a her with serious look in her eyes. "What?" Hyuna asked. She nudged on her, telling her that this is her chance. Her friend instantly disagreed with her idea, but she insisted her. She can never do that, she said, and it'll be weird too. "Don't worry, I have a plan." Hwasa grinned. This is not good, Hyuna thought. She tried telling her not to do it but got ignored. She heaved a sigh.

 

 

That night, the doorbell rang at Hyuna's place. She heads to open the door after grabbing and wearing her eyeglasses, thinking who it could be. To her surprise, it was Wonshik. He greeted her with a smile. He was in a black v-neck shirt that exposed his tattoos; on his chest and arm—unlike when he's in uniform that covers them all—and in his ripped jeans that looked hot on him. He didn't look like a professor, she thought. It took her a few minutes before asking him to come in. The guy chuckled a bit and said Hwasa told him she needed help with her essay, and gave him her address. So this was her plan, she assumed. She felt nervous the moment he started scanning the place. It was small but clean, and felt warm, he said. He asked if she was living alone and he was right. She gets allowance from her parents that are living out of town, and she lives independently alone sometimes. It must be hard, Wonshik told. She smiled and shook her head, looking up at him who was staring at her. She felt conscious suddenly, and instantly ushered him to take a seat. Hyuna sat down beside him—a few meters away—and the atmosphere once again became awkward. Just then, he broke the silence.

 

"You don't need help with your essay, am I right? Hwasa lied."

 

Hyuna felt like she was going to burst any second. She tried to stay calm and smiled at him, asking if he wants water or juice or something—evidently avoiding answering the question. Do you have wine, he questioned. She was rather shocked with his response though, but she didn't act too obvious this time. She couldn't lie, she has wine with her and it was reserved for special occasions. This seems like a special occasion, right, she thought. She got up from the couch to get the wine and two glasses.

 

"I forgot that the glasses are up in the kitchen cabinet." She mumbled but was loud enough for him to hear. The place is small anyway. He stood up from his seat and insisted in helping her but she protested. She said she could do it, trying to get the glasses, tiptoeing as hard as she could. Wonshik came to lend a hand. He reached for it as well and got hold of them without a scratch. She blinked and turned so suddenly that he ended up leaning towards her and sending their bodies pressed together. She flushed in bright red as she felt her heart skip a beat. Wonshik smiled, staring pass through her lenses. "You've really gotten prettier."

 

"P-pardon?"

 

She was confused for a moment there. He immediately pulled back and apologized to her, not explaining anything about what came out of his mouth earlier. He walked back to the living room and told Hyuna that he'll write her references for future writing works instead. It might help her, he mentioned and started talking, telling her stuff. She was still in daze but quickly ran to get her notebook and pen to jot down notes.

 

 

The next day, Hwasa greeted Hyuna excitedly. The latter quickly pulled on her to a side. "Have you gone crazy!? Why the heck did you do that?" Her friend smirked a little and asked if something interesting happened. She didn't answer. Hwasa kept asking and she got a bit pissed off—but not really. She told her that nothing happened, and paused for a sudden moment. Her friend questioned why. "There's something strange though. He told me that I've gotten prettier." Her friend screeched and she had to cover to stop her from doing so.

"He must've been looking at you, and eyeing you for long now! Oh my God!" Hwasa exclaimed. The other shrugged, saying it probably isn't like that. But whatever Hyuna says now, Hwasa is convinced. She supports her friend's love life, most of all. Hyuna laughed.

 

During class, their professor started handing out pamphlets of today's lesson individually. When he reached Huna, he paused for a few seconds and gave a smile at her, even calling her name twice. No one actually noticed but Wheein. She was intrigued. When he was giving his lecture, his eyes kept stealing glances at her. She didn't want to melt nor die in class, so she avoided eye contact soon as she realized. Their professor gave the class a homework in essay, and that they need to submit it in two days.

Hyuna started on it sooner than any other one of her classmates. "Kim Hyuna, I'm hungry, why can't we go eat first!?" Hwasa whimpered. She shushed her, saying she can go eat alone for the meantime. Her friends asked if it was really okay and without even hearing her response, she ran to the cafeteria. She chuckled, she must be really hungry, she thought. She looked down back to the books she's reading, back to researching.

 

"Homeworks are meant to be done at home, Hyuna."

 

Their professor suddenly crept up on her and she gasped in surprise. He snickered and apologized for doing so. She shook her head, smiling. The guy questioned why she was doing a ‘homework’ inside the school. Hyuna closed the book in her hand and tilted her head as he sat down beside her. He looked at her, waiting for her reply. She smiled slyly. "I wasn't familiar with the lesson earlier so I had to do some research, hence I'll be able to write the essay properly." He admired her passion to learn and be able to write well. He smiled, telling her how it'd be nice to just sit down and chat with her all day. She flushed. She imagined it, he assumed. How cute. He stood up and told her to do her best and that he'll be anticipating her work again.

The class president approached her just as he left and furiously asked what is up with the two of them. Hyuna rolled her eyes and gets off her seat, casually walking away from her. She held on her arm tightly, demanding for an answer. Nothing, she exclaimed, and that it's none of her business. Seems like Wheein is jealous, but Hyuna only ignored her.

 

 

That night, she decided to submit her essay as soon as she finished it. She knew his address, and she bets he wouldn't mind if she goes for a visit. Her essay is an excuse, she thought. She wanted to see him for real, how he is at his place and how he's doing. She's decided.

Her feet took her up until the door of his place, and now she feels like regretting and leaving. But no backing out now, she whispered to herself. She rang the doorbell and waited, her hand holding onto her essay papers, trying so hard not to grip on them. The door opens and reveals a half- Wonshik. It shocked her. "Oh, Hyuna?" He looked surprised too.  He quickly grabbed a shirt from his couch nearby and wore it, fully opening the door and ushering her to come in. She walked in and scanned the place; it was okay, she thought, but nothing special. He doesn't really look like a professor living like this in a simple, but somehow intricate condo. She sat down momentarily as he offered juice. Hyuna giggled a bit, asking if he has wine, returning what he had said before. He shook his head, saying his wines are stronger so, no. She suddenly insisted, she'd like to try a stronger one for long, she said. He smiled and nodded.

The wine was served. She promised it'll only be a few sips but she ended up drinking two glass of it. How cute, Wonshik thought. He suddenly asked why she came and the latter handed the essay papers to him right away. He laughed, it wasn't due 'til the next two days but she was able to write it within hours. Impressive, he said. He stood up and brought her papers to his room, keeping it for the meantime. He glanced at her from the door and smiled. He called her and said he wanted to show her something. She got puzzled, but obliged, sauntering towards him. Before she could get in, "But first, promise me that you won't be creeped out. This is something, uh, slightly weird? But has a purpose." She blinked repeatedly, what is this, curious about what he's suddenly saying. She promised him with an assuring smile and walked inside his room. She gasped at the sight; there's a montage—or just a messy collection—of her photos and some other sets of scenery on his bed wall. She felt more inquisitive than intimidated. Why does he have these, she kept asking herself  in her mind. He skipped beside her and asked if she wanted to know why and how. She nodded, a bit embarrassed.


Her high school photographer was a good friend of his and told him about Hyuna when she once modeled for him when he had no other models. With just her pictures, Wonshik got interested in her—but not affectionately. He felt like she had a talent, and he wasn't wrong. Unfortunately, she didn't want to pursue modelling. However, the photographer still takes photos of her secretly because he asks him to, and gives his photos to her. It was first day in college and he was more than surprised to see Hyuna as one of his students. He admired her a lot more, realizing how fond she was of studying. He knew she had a reason to not pursue something she doesn't want, and he likes that she engaged herself more in writing.


"The whole fantasy, or charm, behind girls who wear glasses is that they exude this sort of intellectual provocativeness that girls without glasses just can't, and don't. For that same reason, the idea of a geeky girl with a seductive side will always intrigue men. That's how I looked at you, and somehow even without those glasses, you're still very pretty." He smiled, glancing at her each second. "Sorry if I sound like a stalker but I really have no bad intentions. I love photography but like you towards modelling, I didn't really want to chase after that dream. It's just impossible—but seeing your photos inspires me, and seeing how persistent you are with writing gives me a lot more inspiration." [*]


Hyuna was flustering bright red. She never thought a professor would look and think of her that way. Plus, both of them were eyeing each other even before college started, and she couldn't help but tell him. What a coincidence, he chuckled. That's why she knew quite a lot about him, and is usually the first one to be aware of anything related to him. He turned to her. So she knew about Moonbyul, he asked. She stammered and looked down, saying she does but doesn't know any details about their breakup. He smiled, "Don't worry, they were all in the past." She lifted her face, gazing back at him and nodded. He pulled off one photo from his wall and handed it to her. That was the first photo that was given to him, he wanted her to have it as a gift. She happily accepted and told him that she'll take good care of it.

He stared at her and tugged her hair behind her ear. She was quite surprised how he was able to scoot closer that quick. He whispered, saying she's gotten prettier once again—and this time Hyuna knew what he meant. She felt her cheeks heat up and heart beating fast. She couldn't look at him in the eye. She thought she needed an excuse to leave before she collapse in front of him.

 

"Professor Kim..."

 

"Wonshik..."

 

He smiled, slowly cupping her cheek with one hand. She hummed, her eyes gradually shutting close as he did. "It's Wonshik, not Professor Kim." She felt like taking a few steps back, however she wasn't far from the side wall and ended up getting driven into the corner. He rested his one hand towards the wall and stared at her. She was feeling conscious and kept her eyes closed instead, wishing this would end sooner because her she is already almost at her limit. To her surprise, he leaned and pressed their bodies the same as the other night, only this time it felt sultry. He grabbed her chin, lifting it up gently and latching his lips on hers. It was quick but passionate. She was evidently speechless and couldn't make eye contact. He gave the sweetest smile he could give and asked if she was okay. She snapped back into her senses and with a nod, she told him she needed to go home because she has to study for tomorrow. He chuckled, he found it cute that she was trying to change the mood so suddenly.

 

"Alright, you better prepare tomorrow. The lesson's not going to be easy."

 

She instantly smiled, replying with a cheerful yes. I can handle it, she told. The guy smirked a bit and pecked her cheek before telling her she could go home. He assisted her out, even hailing a cab for her and making sure she's okay until the cab was out of his sight.

 

Hwasa approached her friend as soon as she laid an eye on her. She asked if her text message last night was real, that she already submitted her essay to Professor Kim and that she went to his place, practically yelling. Hyuna had to shush her, and cover again. Apparently, those are the only things she told her and didn't tell her about their shared kiss. Keep it down, she warned. Her friend calmed down and started hitting her arm lightly, asking what happened repeatedly.

 

"Nothing happened. I just went to Wonshik's place and submitted my papers bec—"

 

Her friend halted at the center of the hallway as she spoke. What, Hyuna was puzzled. The other girl blinked repeatedly before looking at her. "W-Wonshik!? You called him Wonshik?!" She muffled her screams and spun around like a kid. Hyuna, again, tried to calm her down. I didn't say that, she was whispering. Hwasa smirked right at her after and looked at her with mischief eyes. The younger scoffed and rolled her eyes, leaving her at her spot. "Hey! Wait for me~!" She giggled.

 

 

"Good morning, class. Did you sleep well last night? Because I sure did,"

Hwasa glanced at her with a wide grin, even when she doesn't even know what really happened. Hyuna looked down, feeling a bit embarrassed, and bit her lip. This is going to be a long hour, she thought. He smiled and started handing out today's pamphlets. When he reached Hyuna, her pamphlet included a note. She read it; flushed and smiling.


Your essay was perfect. I'll see you in my office later.

 


 

[*] reference

Number of words: 3.9k