{Leo x Eunji} Close To You

VIXX & GIRLS

Title: Close To You
Genre: general romance, drama
Type: drabble/one-shot
Trigger warning: car accident, mention of blood

 

Taekwoon Eunji

He felt his eyes nearly building up its tears as he revved up the gas, not knowing where to go. His hands were gripping on the steering wheel tightly—so tightly the skin over his knuckles stretched white. He was cursing internally, quickly realizing the red light coming up in front of him. He had more than enough time to stop, but he decided to slam his foot down the gas pedal and sped through, clearly not thinking how dangerous it is and the accident it might cause. Jaw clenched in angry, heart racing adrenaline, cars screeching and he went passed through the light, pulling through unscathed. He scoffed, shaking his head. Unbelievable, he thought.

His mind skipped back to what had happened earlier, seeing his girlfriend wrapped around a different guy's strong arms. He pictured her smile at that moment and he couldn't comprehend how he felt. Was he hurt, was he mad, was he? His fists clenched by itself, his stomach churned and mind went blank for a second. The two looked sweet and they had beautiful smiles in their faces. What could he had done wrong for her to do this, for her to cheat on him. He got so mad.

 

"I'm stupid. I'm so dumb."

 

He bit his lip as he thought all about it, failing to notice the car in front of him, coming to a stop in front of him. It was hell driving fast. He barely had time to react when he finally noticed. He slammed on the breaks, tires screeching as they both obviously tried to avoid clashing. With a very loud thud, the front end of his car collided with the other's bumper, his body jolted forward and head hitting the glass—however not too seriously. He got unconscious, blood running down from his forehead to his cheek. There was something hazy and thick rushing up through the air. Fiberglass crunching down the streets, their front ends crumpled. Suddenly, a young woman got out of the other car, yelling.

"What the hell is wrong with you!? Didn't you see me? Are you drunk or something? Hey, get out of there!" she walked towards the guy's car, which was completely destroyed now. She had a headache, and some wounds and scratches everywhere but immediately fished out for her phone. She took a peek at the guy and panicked at the sight of blood and unconscious form in front of her. She dialed furiously, calling for help, wishing the guy was okay.

 

"I-I got the paramedics coming already, please be okay until then.."

 

She was glancing from left to right, not knowing what to do when there wasn't any help coming yet. She felt her heart throb instantly, it felt painful. She groaned and uttered incoherent words, before falling down the ground.

 

 

The girl wakes up in a bright room, it smelt good too but she could barely open her eyes to focus her sight. She tried sitting up but her headache stopped her. Just then, a nurse came to aid, asking how she was. "I'm fine," she mumbled. The nurse nodded and asked her not to move a muscle for the meantime, and came striding away to call a doctor.

 

"Is your name Jung Eunji?"

 

The doctor came questioning her. She nodded in agreement, trying to open her eyes fully. This time, luckily, she was able to. It was blurry but after awhile, her surrounding became clearer. She looked around and realized she was in the hospital. Who, how was she brought her, she thought. She tried sitting up and she managed to with the help of the nurse beside. Again, she mumbled incoherent words and the doctor could only ask her to speak comprehensively. She shook her head, confirming that she was saying nothing—or that she doesn't know what she was saying. Just then, the image of the guy from the accident earlier came to mind. She gasped. "T-the guy... The guy who owned the car I crashed with, where is he?"

"He's still unconscious, but fortunately what happened wasn't serious. As police and witnesses reported, you both tried to stop."

She heaved a sigh. "What the hell. There were witnesses, and they didn't even tried to help." The doctors didn't respond and headed straight to check on her, if she's okay and still no broken bones or serious head concussions. Eunji scoffed, "I said I'm fine." She was more worried about the guy right now, than her own health. She knew hers wasn't serious, but the other guy had blood dripping down his forehead. She didn't find the experience traumatic though, she was just really worried.

 

 

At the other room, the guy was still unconscious. A girl came rushing inside his room and was very worried, she was already crying. A different doctor came in after, confirming if she's a relative or somewhat. "I'm his girlfriend," she sniffed. "Please tell me he's going to be okay." The doctor smiled a bit, nodding and telling her not to worry too much. He's going to be just fine, he said. He's just taking a rest, he said. The guy's girlfriend was a bit put to ease but still, she was worried. Awhile later, she was asked to head out for awhile to talk and fill up some information sheets that the hospital and polices need.

Around that time, the guy started stirring up. He tried opening his eyes, and mumbled 'help' in his softest voice. His eyes half-closed, and his head hurting, he groaned and tried shifting his head to the side. He's in the hospital, he realized sooner as well. He mumbled once again but no one came to him until a few minutes later when his girlfriend comes in sauntering towards. When she realized he was awake, she called out to the doctors immediately.

 

"Taekwoon-ah? Taekwoon!?"

 

He heard her voice and groaned. He knows to himself that she's that one person he hates to see now, but it can't be helped. She must be the first person the police and hospitals called because she was number one in his phone's speed dial. Now, he regrets that. He regrets everything. He hates her, but he couldn't talk properly right now to tell her even when he furiously wants to get his hands on her and be mad.

"He's going to be alright, now that he's finally conscious. We can ask him what happened after he settles in, and feels better."

The doctor sounds reassuring but his girlfriend couldn't stay calm. He kept calling on his name with that concerned look in his eyes. She kept questioning if he's okay, if he feels hurt somewhere, and wanted to know what happened. She kind of panicked, yes, that might be the better term. But the guy ignores her, turning his head on the other side gently. All he wants to do now is rest and escape her sight, he doesn't know until when but he just can't look at her straight in the eyes right now. She nudged on him in his arm lightly, asking again if he's okay and if he's hurt somewhere.

 

"I'm fine. I just want to rest, and be alone." He sighed heavily.

 

His girlfriend realized how hurt he must have been, and eventually obliged, letting him rest for awhile. She spoke to a nurse on her way to look out for Taekwoon for the meantime and went out to buy food for him and herself. The nurse arrived inside Taekwoon's room soon and asked if he needs anything. The guy turned to her and nodded. He tried sitting up with her assistance, and asked about Eunji's information using the term ‘the owner of the car he collided with’ for the girl. He started questioning how he or she was doing since he didn't know she was a girl then, while shifting to a more comfortable position. Fortunately, the nurse knew Eunji and was one of those who came to aid her earlier. She told him that she's okay and got only minor scratches and headache. She also mentioned her name to her, and Taekwoon smiled a bit. He was relieved that they're finally both okay. Again, the nurse asked if he needed anything more. He thought for awhile. "I want to go outside to take a walk. At least just a few meters away from the room." The nurse didn't want to but he kept insisting, so she had no choice.

Eunji felt better after hours of sleep. She sat up, feeling grateful her headache has gone. She called a nurse and asked to assist her to get up and head out for a couple of minutes. She allowed her, knowing her condition has ameliorate. She smiled, saying thank you to her as she walked out of her room.

His girlfriend came back from somewhere and saw Taekwoon wandering around alone. She sighed and called him, frantically asking him why he got up from his bed when he needed rest. The latter didn't answer and stared at her. She soon shifted her gaze and scanned around, looking for the nurse she spoke to earlier and saying she'll have to reprimand her for letting him get up. Taekwoon told her to calm down and that he insisted to get out himself because he wanted to. With that, he earned a quick apology from her, which actually annoyed him. But then again, he didn't want to get mad.

At the time, Eunji came upon him and his girlfriend from a distance, she recognized the patient's face and walked towards, wanting to talk to him, but stopped when overheard them talking about a serious topic—which intrigued her. She didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation but she was too curious.

"You once told me we're not going to lie to each other, right?" Taekwoon burst the bubble, he wanted to let her know that he's fully aware of her dishonest behavior. His girlfriend stammered, asking why he suddenly brought it up. Taekwoon clenched his fist but was clearly trying to resist indignation. He took a deep breath before talking, telling her everything he knows and how much he hates her for lying, and how she's pretending to care about him right now and how she's still here when he really doesn't want to see her anymore. His girlfriend broke down crying, explaining to him all of a sudden. But he wasn't sure if he can still believe her or not. He avoided eye contact all throughout the closure, and asked her to leave and to never see him again. He was being harsh, he knew, but he got hurt too much and he also realized that letting her go is the only answer, and will ease his pain either way. His girlfriend didn't want to leave, clinging on him, but she gets no response after. She didn't want to leave and stayed, saying sorry to him repeatedly. He sighed and turned to her, trying to stop her from overreacting and from making any more scene inside the hospital. He told her to leave, eventually threatening her that he'll kill himself if she doesn't. This is the only way she'll do, he thought. She was crying awfully and those words hit her. She couldn't do anything but compel, she doesn't want him to hurt him more than she already did. With that, she left. Taekwoon sighed again, sitting down on the nearest chair he could find, keeping himself sane. He was the type to fall easily, but also the type to get hurt easily as well. He gives his everything to the girl he loves, and this is too painful for him, he thought.

Eunji walked towards him and stood there, staring at him for a few seconds. Taekwoon noticed a shadow casting over him and as he looked up, he tilted his head. Eunji greeted first, with a bow and an eyesmile. The guy only nodded. She smiled a bit, sitting down beside him. Talk, Eunji, or else he'll think you're crazy, she thought. She bowed her head again and asked how he was doing. He shrugged with a slight scoff. "Should I be honest?"

 

"I guess you want to be alone."

 

The girl stood up when he responded, saying he didn't mind at all and would need any kind of company. She smiled again, and introduced herself. Taekwoon was rather surprised, he recognize her name somewhere. He thought, and after a few seconds, he recalled. She was the girl ‘the owner of the car he collided with’, he said. He immediately stood up, bowing to her and apologizing for what happened, for involving her in such a stupid thing. The girl cut him off with a chuckle, saying she didn't mind at all, returning what he said earlier. She said she was at fault too, for driving fast. In all honesty, she just didn't want him to worry more since he's been through enough. He sat down again, and sighed—inaudibly this time. He apologized for driving too fast as well. He was mad, he said.

 

"I can tell," Eunji responded.

 

The guy sat up straight and looked at her. "How about you? Were you mad too? Something interesting that happened?" She found him weird at the point, but cute and friendly when he expected him to act cold. She was actually a sports car racer in the past, but has been through a lot of car accidents lately so she got banned from racing. She told her a bit of her story, and telling him that it's how she usually drive in conclusion. The guy couldn't believe it, he even called her ‘badass’ which earned a laugh from her, considering Taekwoon doesn't look like a guy who'd use those kinds of words. "So you've been to a car accident before?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, a lot of times already actually. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still alive."

 

Taekwoon recognized how much of a cool person she was, even though she was problematic. He got to know more about her as time passed, and he came to a realization that he doesn't regret getting into the accident now that he found an awesome friend, who'd stick with him even when he's a bit of a weird young introvert. Eunji would talk to him a lot in his behalf, and would always cheer him up when he's not feeling well, he tells a lot of different stories and gave Taekwoon chances to get to know her better. Again, he's a guy who falls easily but this time he made sure of his feelings. In a span of days, Eunji has made a big impression towards him, and he's going to get to know her more.  He won't assume anything though, he doesn't want to.

The day they're leaving the hospital, Taekwoon asked where Eunji will be going. She answered saying that she'll be going back to Busan. He smiled and shook hands with her, asking again if this is goodbye. She laughed, it's been a few days and he's still acting weird, she thought. Taekwoon was confused, but smiling. The girl fished out something from her bag, a pen and paper, and jot down her number and address. She gave it to Taekwoon, telling him to contact her if he needs anything. The latter took it from her hand with a nod.

"I'll be around if you need me, Taekwoon."

He was reassured. He pulled her to a hug, so suddenly, Eunji gasped at the contact but hugged him back. It took a few minutes, Taekwoon didn't want to pull back. Weird, she mumbled. She even joked that she was already choking. He pulled back immediately and apologized, with a wee chuckle after. She laughed with, again, this time ruffling his hair—even when she needed to tiptoe. "I hope to see you soon again, Eunji."

 

 

Two months later, Eunji received a parcel from an anonymous person at her home in Busan. She was curious as to who it was from. An old high school friend, maybe, she thought. She opened the parcel and inside was a miniature plant and a box of car-shaped chocolates. She chuckled. What are these, she mumbled. She found them weird and cute, and at that moment she realized and knew who sent these to her. She looked down and inside the parcel and saw a piece of paper. Could she be right? She read what it says and beamed.


"Jung Eunji, I'm in front of your house, waiting. -Jung Taekwoon"

 


 

Number of words: 2.7k+