007 - The Letter [Epilogue]

Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream

Jongin woke up in absolute peace and with a bright smile, with Kyungsoo in his arms as usually.

His morning peace was kinda ruined when he heard someone attacking his doorbell.

With a silent grumble he removed his boyfriend's arms and headed to the door. He slowly opened it, with a last big yawn when he faced the person who had destroyed his perfect morning.

It was Sehun.

What are you doing here?” he wanted to know, not wanting to seem rude in any way, but he was truly surprised. There hadn't been any life sign from him for almost a month now.

Sehun bit his lip. Jongin was only wearing underwear and his hair was a complete mess. A mess with style.

Jongin...” Sehun quietly began, his hands hiding a piece of paper behind his back.

I'm moving away tomorrow. And I wanted to tell you one last thing.”

Jongin almost thought it was a dream or a bad joke. After all these years, Sehun was leaving him?

I realized something. I fell for you. I fell for you without even noticing it.” the pale boy breathed out, staring straight into Jongin's soul.

I just wanted you to know. Whatever happens. I have always loved you and I probably won't ever meet you again in my life.”

Sehun...”

No please. Don't talk. I just have one last wish. Then I'll never bother you again.” Sehun slowly said, his eyes already getting wet.

Just accept this.”

Sehun leaned forward for a short kiss.

Jongin had never thought about how his best friend's lips would taste, but they were way sweeter and more enjoyable than he could have ever imagined. But he didn't reply to it, he just accepted it, just like he had been told.

Thanks.” Sehun breathed when he pulled away.

He reached out his hand with the white envelope.

Thanks for everything.”

Those were the last things he Sehun spoke to him.

 

A little startled, Jongin questioned himself whether all of this just had been a dream, but the envelope, with the name Jongin printed on it, in his hands proved the opposite.

He quickly checked if his boyfriend was still asleep. When he saw him, his heart stopped beating for a second. Like an angel.

So the tanned boy made his way to the kitchen to check whatever he had just received.

It was a simple letter. One page. In the usual clean hand writing he was used to see when he read something Sehun wrote.

He collected all of his energy and started to read the letter, raising the other hand to cover his mouth while realizing what was standing there.

He was already crying rivers when he was finished with reading, but when he called Chanyeol to inform him, he only heard that the other already had known it, since more than a month.

 

 

 

Hey Jongin,

 

Something went absolutely wrong, right? What happened to the best buddies on earth, I ask myself. I wonder where the system's mistakes are and why it does not work as perfect as always.

Well I hope I had the courage to confess to you by now.

Yeah. If not, I'll tell you now. I love you.

And you know what? I realized so ing late.

I noticed my feelings too late, and you know what? All the things that went wrong, were all my fault.

If I could turn back the time... to before the day you met him. The day you left me. The day I was replaced and rejected. You simply threw me away. Like an old toy. But that's all I have ever been, right.

Like what we both had, doesn't matter anymore.

I lost my job. Yixing threw me out off the dance crew. What is left from me?

I even lost my sanity. Guess what. Oh Sehun will be sitting between screaming old men and crying little girls in the psychiatry. Yeah you read, right.

I don't know if apologizing is right in this situation, since you probably are relieved to have your time alone with him.

I'm sorry Jongin. For everything. And I thank you for everything I was allowed to experience. The world of dance, self-confidence and being careless. I will miss standing on stage.

I'm sorry Jongin. I wouldn't ever be able to see your dark, wonderful eyes for even once again.

I'm sorry Jongin, but I hope to never meet you again.

Goodbye.

 

Sehun

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, another update this evening.

That was it for my little dramatic story "Vanilla Flavore Ice Cream"!

Thanks for everyone who read it. It means a lot to me.

I will check every chapter for mistakes as soon as possible.

 

Also special thanks for dayassi to be such an awesome partner. Check out her edit (JUST DO IT XD SHE IS SO TALENTED I SWEAR).

Also thanks for the jonginstrash admins for running such a contest, I have never been so motivated and I have never finished a story before.

 

And special thanks for Jongyeolin, Kelly_T_Yumi, dayassi & Armybabyjjvz for leaving comments ♥

See you (hopefully) in some other stories.

 

XOXO

An awkward author who made way too many mistakes to even dare to publish this anywhere,

Chaeyo ♥