003 - Undecided

Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream

Oh my god! Guess what, Baekhyu-” Kyungsoo stopped shouting when he found a silent Baekhyun staring at his phone.

What happened?” he immediately asked and sat down next to him as fast as possible.

It's just Chanyeol, panicking about Sehun again.” the other simply answered.

Sehun?”

The name was new for Kyungsoo. Like everything. He was living here in Seoul only since two weeks, he hadn't even arranged his clothes properly yet.

Oh, I haven't told you, right. It's Chanyeol's roommate. The three of them know each other since playgroup...” Baekhyun smiled, leaving many question marks in Kyungsoo's head, who slowly removed his arm from the other's shoulder.

Three? Do they multiply or what?” he asked dumbly.

No, let me explain.” Baekhyun leaned back, crossing his arms, starting to talk.

Chanyeol usually sleeps here, as you probably have noticed...”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Oh yes. You could be a lot less noisy.”

Anyways. This Sehun, I'm talking about has a best friend which usually sleeps there, because he works in a kindergarten located near to Sehun's and Chanyeol's flat and it's much easier for him. And the three of them – Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin – know each othe-”

JONGIN!” Kyungsoo screamed and clenched the other's arm, causing him to scream as well.

Yeah, that's his name. What's so special about him?”

Oh my god. Oh my damn god. What. No. It. No. How. Just. WHY?” Kyungsoo was swinging around in the most jittery way possible.

Da . Kyungsoo. You know him?” Baekhyun asked, rubbing his arm, which slowly turned red, and moved a few inches away from the exploding Kyungsoo.

YES. I mean no. But yes! I met him at the... Lotus-Cafe... Well I spilled my cappuccino and offered him to wash his shirt and I have to still give it back to him but it's not dry yet. And oh my god, I still have to message him and I don't know how to, because I need to give it back to him and I'm so confused and, and. Help.” Kyungsoo talked like there was no tomorrow.

It even surprised Baekhyun, his best friend, who wasn't used to hear more than two normal sentences in a row from him. Except that one time, Kyungsoo had to give a presentation which had turned out very funny because Kyungsoo wanted to kill the whole class after wards and even caused one boy to have a bleeding nose.

Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun looked at his friend for a few seconds, who stared back at him with huge eyes.

Are you fine? Like, do you notice what you are saying... Don't tell me...” Baekhyun covered his opened mouth in excitement.

You are totally in love! Look how you are turning red!”

Baekhyun began to wobble around, annoying his friend who was getting more and more angry.

No, I'm not! You don't know anything!” Kyungsoo stubbornly pouted, crossing his arms and throwing himself backwards. Baekhyun just laughed it off, clapping his hands happily, sitting straight again.

My Kyungiepoo is growing up! I can't believe it. Though, I thought you would fall for a nice bookworm but this is so awesome as well! You finally fell for someone. My heart...” Baekhyun placed his left hand at his chest and dramatically wiped off an imaginary tear with a loud and theatrical sniffle. He then started hitting the stubborn boy, who childishly shook his head. Kyungsoo, who was still lying in an uncomfortable ankle – really painful for his neck – was surprised by a sudden attack of Baekhyun who prevented any escape by grabbing his shoulders.

With one move Baekhyun was sitting on Kyungsoo, starting to tickle him in his sides.

Get off me!” Kyungsoo started yelling, laughing and crying at once and still twirled around trying to free himself, without success.

I do not love ANYONE!”

Baekhyun poked his tummy and his sides, making Kyungsoo laugh even harder.

STOP! Forget everythi-” he interrupted himself with a loud laughter.

This conversation... never … happened.” Kyungsoo had troubles to even form a sentence and he fully regretted what he told – or at least tried to tell – his friend a few moments ago.

YOU!” Kyungsoo loudly spat, causing the other to laugh and twisted his body under the still torturing Baekhyun.

Are you guys alright?”

Both of them froze in their position at once – lying on each other – as they noticed that a third person had just entered the room.

Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun immediately let go off Kyungsoo and ran towards his boyfriend to give him a kiss.

Kyungsoo breathed heavily in and out, totally done from the sudden tickle-attack.

 

 

 

So. You know Jongin and love him, righ- ouch!”

Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun's arm so hard that Chanyeol thought it could easily be broken.

You know Jongin?” Chanyeol calmly asked, leaning forward and resting his hoodie-covered arms on his knees.

Kyungsoo blushed and nodded shyly. He couldn't explain why he was so moody today.

I met him at the Cafe thingy... And I spilled my cappuccino on him, as I have already explained... And I have to give him his shirt back.” He told the couple in a low, almost embarrassed voice.

Why the hell do you still have his shirt? Kyungsoo... you did not.” Chanyeol's eyes were wide, totally getting the wrong idea of the other.

NO! I'm not a tard, I'm not like you-”

Hey! Take that back!” Chanyeol pouted. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

And I don't know what I should do. I feel weird and I don't want to message him...”

Baekhyun squeaked.

Please don't hit me again but I totally know that feeling. You know, when I saw Chanyeol the first time-”

You felt like you were going to explode and you wanted to hug him but at the same time you wanted to take that brownie and eat it because you were hungry, oh and you ran away without buying yourself lunch.” Kyungsoo rattled down while rolling his eyes once again.

I've already told you?” Baekhyun asked with a slightly disappointed face.

Yeah. 52 times.” Kyungsoo said, staring at his nails.

Kyungsoo, just be natural. If you like him, that's okay.” Chanyeol advised as soft as possible, he didn't need another person hating him all of the sudden.

But I don't really like him. I-I just don't want to leave a bad impression...” Kyungsoo mumbled while slowly standing up.

Hey, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked, ready to leave the couch as well.

Have to wash the shirt.” he simply responded and left the couple by themselves.

Baekhyun wanted to run after him, but Chanyeol stopped him by softly grabbing his hand.

Don't. He needs time to think.”

You sound like he is dealing with a dead-serious topic. Chanyeol, he just doesn't want to admit that he is not the coldhearted Satansoo like he always acts. That he finally finds his soft side. That he is about to love somebody.” Baekhyun explained.

Chanyeol stared into his eyes before leaning his head against his boyfriend's shoulder, his brown hair tickling Baekhyun's face, causing him to grimace a little.

You are right.”

Baekhyun sat there in silence and only slowly he dared to ask something he wanted to know all the time.

So, Sehun came home? Why aren't you with him, weren't you worried about him? What did happen anyways?” Baekhyun questioned all at once and watched Chanyeol putting one of his long legs onto the couch.

Just had a little argument with him. Well, he seemed totally stressed out and Jongin wasn't there either.”

Baekhyun nodded slowly, pushing his bottom lip forward – what he always did when he was seriously dealing with something and thinking about it.

Do you think Sehun is gay?” Baekhyun suddenly asked, causing Chanyeol to wince.

What? No. Just a month ago he broke up with Sunhee. He even almost fainted when he heard about us two dating and me liking the same gender, forgot it?”

Yeah, then he maybe deals with something he doesn't want to talk about with anyone.” Baekhyun thought out loud.

But he is behaving so abnormally. It's not Sehun-like to get so aggressive in such a short period of time. Usually he is so calm. I've never seen him so angry.” the giant explained.

I really wonder what happened.”

 

 

[…]

 

 

Jongin almost wanted to cancel everything right now when he saw all the waiting adults sitting there. He was way too nervous, they definitely had chosen the wrong person. But it was too late.

He breathed out loudly before closing the dark red curtain and turning to the kids, all dressed like plants and animals.

Are you ready to impress everyone?” he laughed loudly, successfully hiding his nervousness and kneed down in front of them.

I'm afraid that I will sing the wrong words.” Taeoh, the youngest of them, said with a sad face.

Jongin understood him so well, heard some kids shouting a “me too”. He could remember the first time he stood on a stage and had to dance at the age of five, completely alone.

Don't worry, you will make everyone happy. And even if you make a mistake, who cares? The only thing that matters is that you have fun!” Jongin smiled and caressed his cheek.

Will Nini be proud of me?” the little boy wanted to know.

Taeoh was the only one in the group that called him like that. He simply had misheard his name when Jongin had introduced himself, but the both of them just kept it like that.

I'm already proud of you and don't forget, you are awesome!”

Taeoh's eyes grew bigger before he jumped into Jongin's chest. All of the children joined him to a big group-hug. Jongin's heart simply melted away. He couldn't explain how he loved his job as kindergartener.

It hurts to part you guys but, Mr. Kim, it's time to introduce the show.” the old Mrs. Choi told him while entering the backstage area.

It's showtime! You guys are all awesome!” he shouted while slowly trying to remove all the tiny hands wrapping around him.

After a few struggles he cleared his throat and received a microphone. He never had been the moderator of a show, it was a completely new experience for him.

He stepped into the middle of the stage and stared at the big audience. So many parents and probably siblings, Jongin could even find Taehyung, Taeoh's older brother.

Ladies and Gentleman. I'm very happy to welcome all of you to our play...”

His heartbeat became faster and his hand started trembling, he almost dropped the micro.

But it didn't even take him five minutes to completely introduce the audience and he could leave the spotlight and simply enjoy the stage play they all had prepared for over two months.

Jongin took out his phone to leave a quick message to Sehun, leaning against a wall in the backstage area from which he could fully watch the show.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun is still angry and alone in the flat, right? :D

Thanks for everyone who reads this ♥ Don't be shy if you find logical or spelling mistakes or anything else.

After finishing the story I will try to correct everything.

(I know the story is not really angsty yet.)