001 - Rejected

Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream

Pushing the glass door open, Jongin was received by the great smell of cappuccino and strawberry milk shake. His whole body relaxed with one breath as he stepped into the comfortable parlor, passing a few families and couples, all of them sitting in their colorful seats and enjoying their time together. Jongin couldn’t hold a smile back when he saw a little girl dropping her – for Jongin it looked like chocolate ice – and stomped her feet angrily on the ground.

His plush lips were pulled to a soft smirk while his legs were carrying him to the counter he was used to see, a familiar face already welcoming him.

As usually he casually smiled and rested his arms on the smooth surface. Thursday, a day at which the little ice cream shop wasn’t too overfilled. To Jongin’s luck, he didn’t even have to wait for other customers and could easily chat with his well-known buddy for a while.

“May I take your order, Sir?“

Sehun looked like he would burst out in loud laughter while asking that question.

Jongin’s head dropped a little, his hazelnut-colored hair flipping forward.

“Mr. Oh, why so serious?“ he grinned, correcting his posture to a comfy standing, instead of almost lying on the counter, his elbow calmly rested on the neat glass.

“Two scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, then?“ Sehun asked, meeting his best friend’s happy gaze, already scribbling the request down – which Jongin thought was very unnecessary since he always ordered the same, simple combination.

He laughed anyways, eyes forming two half-moon shapes.

“How are you today.“ Jongin asked softly, watching his friend taking an cornet and preparing his order.

“Can’t wait for my shift to end, to be honest. I’m totally done.“

The spoon in Sehun’s hand made a clanging noise as it kissed the metal surface next to the selection of ice cream flavors.

Jongin loved visiting the little ice cream shop after work. It was always great to just enjoy his ice cream in the soothing presence of his best friend after all the stress with the kids.

“Thanks.“ he politely smiled, his hand reaching out for his ice cream cone, but all he could grab was air since Sehun moved it away from him, a trolling expression on his face.

“Hey!“, Jongin pouted, making the other giggle.

“First the payment, Sir.“ Sehun said, obviously failing to seem serious in any way. Jongin kept the pout on his face while pulling his purse out of his pocket.

“Can I at least get a super-BFF-discount for once?“ he mumbled in a questioning way.

“Nope. My head would be chopped off.“ Sehun explained, getting inpatient, still waiting for the tanned one to count the money.

“There we go. Now gimme my vanill- OUCH.“

Jongin suddenly screamed, his torso being covered in some hot liquid. It wasn’t even Sehun trolling him again. Meanwhile everyone in the tiny shop was staring at him and the person whoever just tripped.

“Can’t you just watch your ing ste-“ Jongin couldn’t finish his sentence as he met a pair of big, dark brown – almost black - eyes and a low, weak voice apologizing.

“I-I’m sorry. Really. I didn’t mean to. Oh my god, sorry! I’m so dumb, I know. I-I’ll just get some tissues.“

Jongin fell into silence, not even angry. It was a weird sense spreading in his tummy as watched the small male taking many napkins with nervous hands. The only thought that crossed Jongin’s mind was: those lips.

He knew it was absolutely wrong to think that way but he was totally mesmerized by the appearance of the beautiful foreigner.

“Please don’t be angry… Oh god, your shirt is totally ruined. I will buy you a new one!“

The boy was a nervous mess, seemingly not knowing how to act. He even threw the tissues away again, unused.

Jongin cleared his throat, maybe eying the other in an too intense way, finally getting his voice back.

“I-It’s okay. Really. Things happen. We are all human, aren’t we?“

“Erm… I can’t let you walk around like this…“ The boy’s voice was shaking.

But Jongin felt a shiver running down each arm, he enjoyed this voice way too much.

“I-I can lend you a shirt, how about… I’ll wash your dirty shirt… You know… as compensation…“

The boy was staring at the floor, maybe because of Jongin’s stare, and nervously playing with his fingers.

“How about coming over for now, so that you can change your clothes?” the boy babbled hectically.

Jongin didn’t waste any second to answer.

“Sure.” he replied without thinking, his left hand playing with the seam of his not-so-white-anymore, favorite shirt. Jongin couldn’t take his eyes from the boy, whose big eyes doubled their size.

“O-Okay… Then… I will lead the way, I guess…”

 

[…]

 

“You look like a trodden puppy. Got rejected by a girl again?” Minseok joked loudly while washing the last cup in the sink of the little kitchen of their shop.

Only the two of them were left and not even Joonmyun, the owner, was there anymore. Usually he would have made sure that he, the boss himself, would lock every door and take the money with him. But this evening he had an important appointment,which meant that he was forced to trust the two of them. He knew, Sehun was a little cloud-minded, and that was why Minseok was the one who had to transfer the money to Joonmyun’s account. But Sehun couldn’t care less.

Sehun just rolled his eyes while opening the knot of his orange apron behind his back.

“What? Did I say something wrong?”

“Oh, please just shut the up.” Sehun snapped and quickly headed to his locker, to grab his sports bag, put on his black and red cap, and leave the shop through the backdoor without bidding goodbye to his workmate. Minseok was left behind, totally speechless.

Sehun was pissed off but didn’t really know the reason. He reasoned it with the fact that he had to waste a wonderful ice cream, clean the damn cappuccino and had to work for another shift. Because Soohyun was ill and Sehun had to make an extra shift. Without any ing payment.

Sehun’s steps were way too fast and angry for such a dumb reason. Their customers were humans as well and how many glasses did he already break? It was a wonder that he still had this job.

While walking, he wanted to check the time on his phone, which he had stored in his big bag. 22:06. I still have time.

Sehun changed the route and decided to not go home already. His mood lightened a big lot when he thought of the sounds of laminate floor and the calmness resting at his most favorite place.

After about ten minutes, his face was illuminated by the capital letters over the glass door.

EXODUS.

His beloved dance studio.

Normally Sehun would enter walk up the stairs with Jongin. Normally they would joke about all the mistakes they were making or some failed performances.

But this evening, he was all on his own.

Silently his steps were ringing through the little changing room, which suddenly seemed so cold and empty. None of his crew was present either. He was completely alone.

But Sehun didn’t give a , when he connected his phone with the speakers and his favorite song started to play.

Black pearl.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm totally unsure about this xD. I'll care about the looks later. Exams are coming up.