Summer

Four Seasons

Title: Summer

Prompt: Four Seasons & Summer Homework

Characters: Park Jimin & Cho Hyemi (OC)


Summer was all about going out to play in the sun, but that was not the case for first year college student, Cho Hyemi. Hyemi majored in biomedical science, and it was one of the toughest and yet most popular courses in Seoul University. This year was a special year as the University was celebrating the 50th anniversary of the school’s founding, and there was to be a celebration. But this meant that mid-terms had to be pushed back until after the two week summer break to make way for the preparations for the celebration which would take place the week after mid-terms ended. That was how Hyemi found herself studying in one of the empty university study areas, but what she didn’t expect was for a well-built male who was about the same age as her, to ask her to tutor him.


Flashback

Hyemi was sitting by herself with her notes and assignments, which were filed neatly into thick ring files, spread out on the table. Hyemi was about to slip on her headphones when she heard someone clear their throat. Hyemi looked up to see a boy her age standing at the other side of the table staring at her.

“May I help you?” Asked Hyemi, questionedly while maintaining a polite tone.

“Are you Cho Hyemi?” Asked the male.

Hyemi nodded slowly, “Are you looking for me?”

The boy scratched his head, “Yeah, I was asked by Kim Seokjin hyung to look for you. He wants you to tutor me in chemistry.”

Hyemi raised an eyebrow at her cousin’s name. Her cousin, Kim Seokjin, was a third year student at Seoul University majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. He was very smart and usually tutored his fellow students, however, Seokjin was currently working on an important project and he didn’t have time to tutor others.

“I am Park Jimin, by the way. I major in molecular biotechnology. I am in your class for chemistry, if you don’t remember me, that class is pretty big.” Said the male.

Hyemi shook her head, she owed her cousin a few favours anyway and this was probably of his favours.

“Since Seokjin oppa asked you to look for me, I can’t say no. Please take a seat.” Said Hyemi.

Jimin smiled as he took his seat.

End of Flashback


But Jimin wasn’t so bad, he listened as Hyemi explained the concepts. He didn’t annoy her like most guys did to get her attention, but he did crack a few jokes here and there which made her smile.

“Do you understand the concepts now, Jimin-shi?” Asked Hyemi.

“Yeah, it’s so much simpler from what Seokjin-hyung explained to me. I completely couldn’t get it.” Said Jimin, with a smile.

“Thanks for tutoring me, Hyemi-shi.” Said Jimin.

“It’s no problem, you are friends with Seokjin oppa after all.” Said Hyemi, turning back to her assignments.

“Do you mind if I stay here? I’ll just do my work, I won’t bother you.” Said Jimin.

“I don’t mind.” Shrugged Hyemi.

Jimin smiled and he took out his assignment from his bag. Jimin occasionally glanced at the Hyemi who was putting her full attention to her assignment. She didn’t even notice that Jimin had stepped away for a few minutes. Hyemi’s attention was finally pulled away from her work when she heard something being placed in front of her. Hyemi stared at the object before realising that was a lunchbox and a cup of iced latte.

“For you. It’s already past lunchtime and I doubt that you have eaten anything yet.” Said Jimin.

“Take it as a repayment from me for tutoring me.” Said Jimin, while opening up his own lunchbox.

Hyemi simply blinked before giving a small nod. “Thank you for the food, oppa.”

Jimin immediately raised an eyebrow while Hyemi blushed.

Jimin chuckled, “I don’t mind you calling me oppa. You are younger than me, Seokjin-hyung mentioned it before.”

“It was an accident, I swear!” Spoke Hyemi, stuttering slightly.

Jimin chuckled again, but this time he pinched her cheeks, causing her to pout. Jimin chucked yet again before he patted her head.

“You’d better eat up, I don’t want Seokjin-hyung coming after my head if he finds out that you skipped lunch to tutor me.” Said Jimin, with a smile.

Hyemi gave a small smile before opening up her lunchbox. Jimin secretly watched as Hyemi ate her food happily. Jimin smiled at the sight while feeling his heart flutter. Yes, Park Jimin has a crush on Cho Hyemi, one that developed even before they met. There was a reason why Jimin came to Hyemi for tutoring when Seokjin had given him a few names of the people who could help him. It gave him an excuse to spend time with her without her knowing the real reason why, and he knew that Hyemi would gladly help him.

It first started off when Jimin and his friends who called themselves BTS, visited Seokjin’s house and they found a photo of Seokjin and Hyemi. The boys initially thought that Hyemi was Seokjin’s girlfriend but he clarified that she was his cousin. Jimin felt he relieved as he found Hyemi to be cute. But he never met Hyemi after that, and neither did he ask about Hyemi. The next time he heard about Hyemi from Seokjin was three weeks before school started, Seokjin informed them that Hyemi was going to move in with his family while she attends Seoul University. Jimin was quite elated that they were in the same faculty and shared a module but she never talked to him as they usually sat at the opposite ends of the lecture theatre. But Jimin couldn’t blame anyone for such an event as the class was really big as there were students from different courses attending the class. No one knew about Jimin’s crush on Hyemi, except his best friend, Kim Taehyung, not even Seokjin knew. Jimin knew that Seokjin would come after him if the former ever found out about the latter’s crush on Hyemi. Jimin heard that Hyemi was a popular student among the students and professors as she was smart and friendly. Jimin knew that many boys liked Hyemi but Seokjin usually scared them away, because Seokjin knew that Hyemi was clueless for anything romance. Hyemi was never the romantic kind of person, she was never interested in dating even though many boys have asked her out before, and when she joined Seoul University, Seokjin took it upon himself to chase away her admirers because he knew that Hyemi wasn’t interested in dating. Jimin was determined to keep his crush a secret but was failing miserably especially whenever he passed by Hyemi in the hallways, but for some reason Seokjin never found out, and if he did he was probably pretending he didn’t know anything at least it was what Jimin hoped that happened.

Jimin stared at Hyemi as she sipped her iced latte before he sipped his own. It was enough for now, Seokjin didn’t know and neither did Hyemi, it was his own little secret.