Spring

Four Seasons

Title: Spring

Prompt: Four Seasons & Cherry Blossoms

Characters: Jeon Jungkook & Han Aeri (OC)


Han Aeri has grown up seeing cherry blossoms all her life every spring, but starting this year, things were going to be different. Aeri was born to a Japanese father and Korean mother, and her parents divorced shortly after she was born. Aeri lived with her father in Japan until six months ago when her father passed away of a heart attack. Because she was still a minor, Aeri was sent to live with her mother, as stated in her father’s will. Aeri took on her Korean name, but she initially felt a little uncomfortable about since it’s been so long since someone has called her by her Korean name, she was usually called by her Japanese name of Watanabe Airi. Things weren’t all that bad, her mother’s family accepted her warmly, she managed to make new friends and get a kind and loving boyfriend by the name of Jeon Jungkook. But Aeri couldn’t help but feel a little empty this spring. She would always make a trip to see the cherry blossoms with her father. Aeri’s mother told her that Korea had cherry blossoms too and she would love it if they made a trip together as mother and daughter to see the cherry blossoms. Aeri felt a little uncomfortable about the idea, she never spent much time with her mother because of her parents’ divorce.


Aeri leaned against her locker while she waited for her boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, to arrive. Aeri stared into space only to be snapped out of it when she felt her cheek being poked. Aeri glanced to her left to see her boyfriend standing beside her. Jungkook took her hand and they left the school compound together.

“What’s on your mind?” Asked Jungkook.

Aeri didn’t reply, she could only stare at the flowers on the trees as they walked along the trees. It was already spring but it wasn’t the cherry blossom season yet, but there were other flowers which were already in bloom. Jungkook followed his girlfriend’s gaze before slipping his arm around her shoulder, which was pretty easy since she was slightly shorter than him. The couple headed to Jungkook’s house where Jungkook’s mother welcomed them in warmly.

“Aeri-dear, are you feeling alright?” Asked Jungkook’s mother, when she noticed that the girl was spacing out.

Aeri blinked before she realised that she was spacing out. Aeri bowed to Jungkook’s mother before the older woman pulled her towards the couch.

“Aeri-dear, is there something on your mind?” Asked Jungkook’s mother.

“Is it about your father?” Asked Jungkook, remembering his girlfriend’s story about her father.

“It’s nothing really, my mother asked me if I would like to take a trip with her to see the cherry blossoms.” Said Aeri, finally speaking.

Jungkook’s mother who was friends with Aeri’s mother knew the latter very well. Aeri’s mother had often spoken about her daughter, and her wish to see her. Jungkook’s mother had often thought about how good the two children would look together, and perhaps somehow by fate, the two did end up dating.

“You should go with her, she is your mother after all.” Said Jungkook’s mother.

“I know, but I used to always go with my father and I miss him. I hate crying, especially in front of my mother.” Said Aeri, staring at the ceiling.

“I know that I have never spent much time with her, but it just feels so weird, going to see the cherry blossoms with my mother instead of my father.” Said Aeri.

“It’s normal to feel that way, but imagine how happy your mother will be when the two of you take a trip together. She misses you a lot, and would love to spend time with you.” Said Jungkook’s mother.

“How about we accompany you and your mother? You can have your own family time while we have ours. I think that will unnerve you a little too.” Suggested Jungkook.

“That’s a wonderful idea, and I am sure that Sojin would love that too. She is always too nervous about things, I think your father and I will be able to help her. You can help Aeri if she needs it.” Said Jungkook’s mother.

“Eomeonim, you don’t have to do that, I hate to burden you any further. You take such good care of me, especially when I come over and when my mother is busy.” Said Aeri.

“Nonsense! You are my son’s girlfriend and the daughter of one of my good friends. There is no reason for me not to take care of you. And besides, I’ve always been thinking that you and Jungkook would look wonderful together ever since your mother showed me your picture just before you moved here. You have no idea how happy you made me when Jungkook introduced you as his girlfriend.” Said Jungkook’s mother.

Both Jungkook and Aeri blushed at the story as well as being confused. Aeri had no idea that her mother would talk about her with Jungkook’s mother. And the fact that Jungkook’s mother thought that they would make a good couple and the fact that they did end up dating was probably coincidental.

“And besides, I’ve always wanted to watch the cherry blossoms on a date. So why not? You can go with your mother first, then we can have our date.” Said Jungkook.

Aeri stared at the mother and son combo before breaking into a smile. Aeri gave Jungkook’s mother a hug before giving her boyfriend a hug. Jungkook smiled before placing a gentle kiss on his girlfriend’s lips. Jungkook’s mother chuckled at the sight before heading back into the kitchen to start on dinner. Aeri on the other hand, blushed red and she began playing with her hair.

“Why did you do that in front of eomeonim?” Asked Aeri, shyly.

“Why can’t I? I mean, she has already approved of us. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wants you to be her daughter-in-law.” Said Jungkook, cheekily.

“Eh?” Spoke Aeri, shyly.

Jungkook feigned a hurt expression, “Don’t you want to be with me for a long time?”

“No! It’s not that. I want to treasure what we have now, so I haven’t really thought much about the future yet.” Said Aeri.

Jungkook chuckled before patting his girlfriend’s head, “I was just teasing you, but I do agree with you.”

Aeri smiled before pressing her lips against Jungkook’s, giving him a quick peck. “Thank you, Jeon Jungkook. I love you.”

Jungkook smiled, “I love you too, Han Aeri.”