Autumn

Four Seasons

Four Seasons – Autumn

Characters: Choi Youngjae & Hong Seohyun

Prompts: Autumn & Fall


People say that first impressions are very important but what is a girl to do when she falls on top of her fiancé on their first meeting?

That was what happened to Hong Seohyun on her very first meeting with her fiancé. Seohyun lived in America with her family for most of her sixteen year old life. She only returned to Korea during the festival holidays as her parents managed the American branch of her grandparents' clothing company. But that all soon changed when her grandfather revealed that she was engaged to the youngest grandson of the same age as her of the Choi family, who owned a fabric production business, in order to seal a long-term partnership deal.

Seohyun who was soft-spoken and ladylike but a little clumsy, did not protest to the engagement news and neither did she protest about having to move back to Korea to live with her fiancé. Seohyun majors in jewellery designing which is another part of her family's fashion business. Seohyun's fiancé, Choi Youngjae, was an international business major who worked for his grandparents from time to time.

But their first meeting did not go as either of them had hoped.


Flashback

Seohyun was walking beside her fiancé as she was led to the living room, shortly after arriving in Korea. Seohyun's luggages and other stuff have been unpacked by the maids prior to her arrival in Korea. Seohyun walked silently beside her fiancé, not realising that a maid who was carrying a basket of laundry, was just behind her. The maid who couldn't really see the route in front of her, accidentally pushed Seohyun into the arms of her fiancé who caught her but the both of them ended up falling to the ground with Seohyun falling on top of Youngjae.

"Young Master! Young Lady! I'm so sorry! It's my mistake! I apologise for my mistake." Exclaimed the maid.

Another maid helped Seohyun up while a butler helped Youngjae up.

"Are you alright? Young Master? Young Lady?" Asked the butler.

"I'm alright." Said Seohyun.

"I'm fine." Said Youngjae.

"It's alright really, we're both fine." Said Seohyun, assuring the maid who had accidentally caused them to fall.

"You should have asked someone else to help you, you can't carry all those clothes by yourself." Said the butler.

"My apologies, Sir." Said the maid.

End of Flashback


"Our first meeting was definitely unexpected." Said Seohyun.

"But thanks to that, we were able to start talking with each other. Which led to us falling in love." Said Youngjae.

Youngjae pinched Seohyun's cheeks before giving her a grin. Youngjae then offered his hand to his fiancée, who took it shyly. Youngjae then led his fiancée to her room.

"It's getting late, you should be going to bed soon." Said Seohyun, as they walked up the stairs.

"I'll wait for you, but I'll happily stay with you if you like." Said Youngjae, with a grin.

Seohyun rolled her eyes but because of the action, Seohyun missed a step and she tripped. Seohyun would have fallen face flat if it weren’t for a pair of strong arms who caught her before her face hit the stair steps.

“This seems a little familiar.” Mused Youngjae, amusedly.

Youngjae then helped his fiancée stand up properly before he tightened his grip around her wrist.

“You should be careful but no worries, I’m always here to help you!” Said Youngjae.

Seohyun giggled, “Yes, you’ll always have my back.”

Youngjae smiled before he slipped his arms around Seohyun’s waist.

“Thank you, oppa.” Mumbled Seohyun.

“No, thank you Seohyun.” Said Youngjae.

The couple remained in that position for a while before they broke the hug. Youngjae then led Seohyun to her room and he tucked her into bed like he had promised.

“Goodnight, baby girl.” Said Youngjae.

Youngjae gently kissed Seohyun’s forehead as she hugged her favourite teddy bear which had been a gift from Youngjae.

“Goodnight oppa.” Said Seohyun.

“Oppa, can you sing for me?” Asked Seohyun.

“Of course, what would you like to hear?” Asked Youngjae.

“You can pick the song, oppa.” Said Seohyun.

Youngjae nodded before he started humming a tune and his melodious voice rang across the room, letting Seohyun fall asleep.

Youngjae smiled when he finished singing after he saw Seohyun’s peaceful sleeping face. Youngjae gently kissed Seohyun’s forehead before he left the room to return to his own room.