Winter

Four Seasons

Title: Winter

Prompt: Four Seasons & Hot Chocolate

Characters: Park Jinyoung & Lee Eunri (OC)


Park Jinyoung absolutely loved winter, especially since he spent most of his childhood in a place where the weather was extremely hot. He absolutely loved going out in the snow and play, but most importantly it was the season where he met his girlfriend two years ago.


Flashback

Seventeen year old, Park Jinyoung made his way to the common room of the lodge where his family was staying at during their trip to the ski slopes. Jinyoung loved the winter but it was a little too cold for his comfort tonight. Jinyoung was bundled up warmly in a wool sweater, long pants and warm socks on his feet, but he still felt cold. Jinyoung settled himself on the sofa near one of the few fireplaces in the large common room. He sighed contentedly as he felt the warmth from the fire, he wasn’t the only one who felt this way but there was no one else at the fireplace where Jinyoung was sitting at.

Jinyoung thought that he was alone on the couch until he felt something warm press against his cheek. Jinyoung blinked a few times before noticing a girl holding out a mug to him.

“Thank you.” Spoke Jinyoung, accepting the mug from the girl.

“No problem, you seemed like you needed it anyway.” Said the girl.

The girl took a seat on the couch and she sipped her own drink, “My name is Lee Eunri, what is your name?”

Jinyoung sipped his drink before tasting the familiar taste of hot chocolate in his mouth.

“I’m Park Jinyoung, it’s nice to meet you.” Said Jinyoung.

“So, couldn’t sleep?” Asked Eunri.

“Sort of, it is a little too cold for my comfort tonight.” Shrugged Jinyoung.

“What about you? Are you having trouble sleeping too?” Asked Jinyoung, turning to the girl.

“I was about to head to bed myself until I saw you here. I just finished my work, and I went to grab a drink before I headed to bed, but I noticed that you could use one too.” Said Eunri.

“Do you work here?” Asked Jinyoung.

“Sort of, my grandparents own this place and I work here during my holidays.” Replied Eunri, with a little shrug.

“It must be nice living here on the slopes.” Said Jinyoung.

“It’s nice but it’s horrible once you return to Seoul where it is much warmer, I always catch a cold despite having been doing this for so many years.” Said Eunri, rolling her eyes.

Jinyoung chuckled, this girl was pretty nice and fun to talk to.

“So, you must be a high school student too.” Spoke Jinyoung.

“Yes, I’m a second year at Seoul Girls High School. What about you?” Replied Eunri.

“I’m a second year at Seoul International High School.” Replied Jinyoung.

“I see.” Nodded Eunri, as she sipped her hot chocolate.

“Do you have any other activities around here other than skiing on the slopes?” Asked Jinyoung.

“Not really, most people come here to ski.” Replied Eunri.

“So what do you do around here when you have time?” Asked Jinyoung.

“I dance.” Shrugged Eunri.

“Really? I dance too, mainly hip-hop though. What about you?” Said Jinyoung, with a smile.

“Ballet, but I never participate in Christmas musicals or performances because I’m usually here.” Replied Eunri.

“You should participate, your parents would be happy to see you in a Christmas musical.” Said Jinyoung.

“I don’t know, it’s a commitment and I don’t know if I can commit to it.” Said Eunri.

Just then Eunri giggled much to Jinyoung’s confusion.

“You’re just like a mom, in a good way of course.” Giggled Eunri.

Jinyoung smiled, he had been told that by most of his classmates because of his constant nagging and his good intentions.

“Would you like to be friends? I mean we’ve already talked so much.” Asked Jinyoung, offering his free hand.

Eunri blinked before accepting it with her own free hand. The two shook hands before Jinyoung pulled out his phone.

“Let’s exchange numbers.” Said Jinyoung.

Eunri nodded before she exchanged phones with Jinyoung, they exchanged numbers before Jinyoung helped Eunri wash the mugs.

“Do you want to hang out tomorrow?” Asked Eunri.

“Where?” Asked Jinyoung?

“Around the slopes, I’m planning on going on a short walk to take some photos of the animals that live here.” Said Eunri.

“Sounds fun!” Said Jinyoung.

“I have some work to do in the morning, so I’ll meet you after lunch. It won’t be so cold then.” Said Eunri.

“I’ll meet you here, just text me.” Said Jinyoung.

Eunri nodded with a smile, as the two left the common room. Jinyoung headed up to his own room while Eunri headed to hers which was in the opposite direction of Jinyoung’s and a few floors higher.

End of Flashback


Jinyoung didn’t start out having a crush on Eunri, they were really just friends at first, but that soon changed after he needed tutoring for math during his third year in high school, and he decided to ask Eunri for help, knowing that math was her best subject and in return he would help her with physics which was his best subject. They spent after school hours studying together, and Jinyoung started developing feelings for Eunri. Jinyoung decided to put his confession on hold until after high school, and he confessed to Eunri on her graduation day which differed by a day from his. Eunri had accepted his confession and they have been dating for about a year now, with both of them attending Seoul National University with Jinyoung majoring in electrical engineering and with Eunri majoring in biomedical sciences. They were in different faculties but they met up every day after classes and they both joined the theater club. They also lived in their university’s dormitory, which were much nearer than their homes were from the university.

Jinyoung sipped his hot chocolate from his tumbler which had become his favourite drink after his first meeting with Eunri. He was waiting for Eunri to finish her last paper so that they could go up to the slopes together. Jinyoung now helped Eunri at her family lodge during winter vacation every year, of course he was paid for his work just like Eunri, and he stayed at the lodge for free because he worked there. This year, his friends would be joining them at the lodge for vacation, it was their first vacation together as friends ever since he graduated from high school, and it was also a well-deserved break for the three younger members who were still in high school.

Jinyoung soon heard the heavy doors to the auditorium open, and he soon saw his girlfriend, Eunri, and his best friend, Im Jaebum, exiting the exam hall. The two had different papers in the same venue.

“We are done for this term! It’s time for a vacation!” Said Jaebum.

“How are we getting there again?” Asked Jaebum.

“Bus, we are taking a bus from the train station. The lodge is the bottom of the slopes, you will have to ride the cable car to get to the top of the slopes.” Said Eunri.

“Let’s meet at 11 at the bus stop?” Suggested Jaebum, glancing at his watch which showed 10.11am.

“We just have to grab our things, the others are probably waiting for us to get back.” Said Jinyoung.

“It’s no problem, I need to make a call to my uncle first about our arrival.” Said Eunri.

The three headed to their dorms, the male and female dorms were separated by buildings but they had a shared common room in the building in between the two dorms. Eunri rolled her eyes when she realised that Jinyoung and Jaebum’s things were already in the common room, having been brought down by their friends Mark and Jackson.

“Youngjae and the others will be meeting us at the train station.” Spoke Jaebum.

“I’ll go and change and bring my things here.” Said Eunri.

Jinyoung nodded and gave her quick peck before she left. Jinyoung was used to spending his winter holidays with Eunri and this year was no different. He was contented with what he had and those were a warm and loving family, close friends and brothers and a loving girlfriend who loved and supported him wholeheartedly.