Spring

Four Seasons

Four Seasons – Spring

Characters: Park Jaehyung & Choi Valerie

Prompts: Spring & Going Home


To Park Jaehyung spring meant going home, going home back in America where his parents were. Jaehyung's parents currently lived there due to their work while Jaehyung attended college in Korea. Jaehyung was to continue attending MIT for his masters, majoring in political sciences but he was offered a scholarship by Seoul University and his parents urged him to accept it. And he did, Jaehyung now majored in biomedical sciences at Seoul University for his masters on a fully paid scholarship.

Jaehyung was currently on his second semester break in Seoul University, his first spring break ever since coming to Korea. He made quite a number of friends across the various courses and faculties due to his friendly demeanour. But there were a few friends which he usually hung out with. Plenty of guys and girls wanted to be friends with Jaehyung because he was so friendly and he had friends all over the campus.

But there was one friend in particular that Jaehyung was forever grateful for. And that friend was Choi Minjung or better known by her English name Valerie Choi. Like Jaehyung, Valerie was from the states, more specifically Los Angeles. Valerie was Jaehyung's first friend in Korea, other than his roommate Kang Younghyun or otherwise known by his English name Brian Kang. Valerie helped Jaehyung settle in and made him feel at home.

"So, you're going home tomorrow." Spoke Brian.

"It's technically tonight, my flight is at 11.30pm." Said Jaehyung.

"So, you're going home with Valerie huh?" Spoke Brian.

"Not really, we're just going to Chicago together then we'll go back to our respective states on our own." Said Jaehyung.

"When are you going to confess to her?" Asked Brian.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Jaehyung.

"You obviously have something for her, it's obvious, and everyone can see it." Said Brian.

"I do not like her that way!" Protested Jaehyung.

"But you do admire her." Pointed out Brian.

"That's true." Nodded Jaehyung.

"You know, she probably likes you too. Especially considering the fact that she agreed to take the same flight as you." Said Brian.

Jaehyung fell silent just as a car pulled up by the road and a male who was sitting in the driver's seat, rolled down the windows.

"Hop on, I'll take you to the airport." Said the male.

"Thanks, Sungjin hyung." Said Brian.

Park Sungjin was one of Brian and Jaehyung's friends. Currently, Brian and Jaehyung were on their way to the airport. Brian was going home to Toronto, Canada where his parents currently lived. His flight was at 9.50pm. Jaehyung was meeting Valerie at the airport, since she was having dinner with her relatives before leaving for America.

"It's very likely that Valerie likes or at least admirers you, otherwise she wouldn't have stuck with you for so long. Some people are thrown off by your eccentric personality but Valerie seems to be able to handle you just fine." Said Brian.

"That seems to be true, I mean not many girls can understand your personality." Said Sungjin.

"Not you too, Sungjin. Why does everyone think that I like Valerie?" Whined Jaehyung.

"Almost everyone can see it, but we think that you share a special bond with her." Said Sungjin.

"You should treasure her, especially as a friend." Said Brian.

It wasn't before long that Sungjin had arrived at the airport. Sungjin helped Brian and Jaehyung unload their luggage before he left. Brian and Jaehyung had a simple dinner before Valerie arrived.

"I'll see you guys in a month." Said Brian, with a smile.

Valerie and Jaehyung hugged Brian before he passed through the departure gates. Jaehyung and Valerie then went to check in for their flight.

"Are you tired?" Asked Jaehyung, seeing Valerie stifle a yawn.

"Kind of, I was hoping to really knock out on the plane." Said Valerie.

Jaehyung and Valerie soon entered the departure lounge and the walked around the lounge while they waited for the boarding gates to open. Jaehyung and Valerie settled themselves on one of the comfortable and spacious couches in the flight lounge.

"I'll lend you my shoulder." Offered Jaehyung, when he saw Valerie yawning.

Valerie hummed before she leaned her head on Jaehyung's shoulder. Jaehyung flinched internally when he felt a sudden spark when Valerie leaned her head on his shoulder. Oddly, Jaehyung didn't find the position to be awkward even though he was the one who offered Valerie to lean on his shoulder.

“Valerie?” Asked Jaehyung, in a low whisper.

Jaehyung was answered with complete silence and Jaehyung get a soft smile appear on his face before he gently arranged Valerie’s fringe.

“Have a good nap, Valerie.” Whispered Jaehyung.

Jaehyung then closed his own eyes, completely missing the small and faint smile that appeared on Valerie’s lips upon his touch.

For Jaehyung, their current relationship it was enough for him, for now. He didn’t feel the need to rush into a relationship and neither did he feel the need to rush any feelings. Jaehyung had good feelings for Valerie, feelings that weren’t sure of yet but he knew that he would come to realise his own feelings sooner or later. It would take some time but Jaehyung didn’t mind and he knew that Valerie wouldn’t mind as well.