Interested in You

Awakening of the Heart

I've been staring at my ceiling for the past 5 hours now. I can't forget her; her crying face, her small body frame in my arms. She's so fragile and that makes me want to protect her. "Ryu Hyeju..." I mumbled her name for the nth time tonight. I looked at the digital clock on the table beside my bed, "3am." I covered my eyes with my left arm, trying to get some sleep and soon enough, I drifted to dreamland.

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock and the continous knock on my bedroom door.

"Hyung! Wake up! I still have classes today, remember?!"

I sat sat up, shuffling my hair in irritation. "Yah! I'm awake! Stop that already!"

I opened the door and saw Chihoon glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I saidI said suffling his hair. But my brother is really pissed off. He swatted my hand and stomped on my feet before walking away.

"Yah! Yong Chihoon! Aish!" I grumbled.

 

I walked my brother to his school in silence. "He's really mad." I thought, glancing at him.

"Hey Chihoon-ah. I'm sorry for waking up late." I said, handing him his school bag. He just nodded. He turned around to start running inside his school, but I just can't let that happen. I grabbed his arm and knelt in front of him.

"Chihoon. Forgive hyung now okay? I'll do whatever you ask me to. Hm?" He looked at me. SOmehow his eyes lighten up. "Uh-oh. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Then. Visit Hyeju-songsaenim." He firmly said. My eyes widened in shock. "This is where she lives." He gave me a piece of paper with an address written on it. I read the address, surprisingly, she lives just two blocks away from our apartment.

"How did you-"

"I asked her before." He cut me off. "Go now hyung! Make sure she's fine now. And next week, she's smiling again. Arasso?!" He pused me and ran his way inside his school.

 

"#28..." I'm walking in her neighborhood looking for her house. When I finally found it, my heartbeat raced. I don't know why, but I'm feeling nervous. I pressed the door bell. I knew it's an electronic dorbell because when she answered, she called out my name. The way she said my name made me feel more nervous. I smiled trying to hide how I feel.

Not long enough, she went out. She's beautiful even in her house clothes. Simple yet cute and comfy. (http://gongjunim.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/178.jpg?w=468&h=396)

"How did you know where I live?" She asked as she lead me into her house.

"Chihoon. He's worried about you."

"Oh. Tell him I'm sorry." She looked at me sincerly.

"No need to. You did nothing wrong. We really are worried about you."

"Excuse me?" She blinked and stared at me.

"You heard me right. I'm also worried about you."

"Why?" She asked. She seemed taken aback by what I said. I cleared my throat before answering.

"I'm interested in you. Friends?"