Who?

Awakening of the Heart

 

I ran towards the ball which stopped in front of a girl, seated in the grass. Her long brown hair covers up her face as she’s looking down.

“Hey! I’m sorry.” I called to her before I approach her. But I think she didn’t hear me. I noticed that she has ear phones on.

I crouched in front of her as I pick up the ball.

“I’m sorry Miss.” I said. This time, she slowly looked up. “She’s... pretty.” I thought. She really is, but her eyes... Tears started to flow into her cheeks, she held my face then...

“Doojoon...” she whispered.

“Who?” I said, with curious eyes. “It’s not my name.” I added.

Silence.

She didn’t speak for a moment. She’s just staring at me, crying.

“Hyung! Junhyung hyung!” I heard my younger brother called me. I held her wrist, slowly removing them from my face. This made her startled. She stood up abruptly.

“I...” she started. “I’m sorry.” She wiped her tears. I stood up too.

“It’s okay.”

“Seongsae-nim!” I heard a child’s voice. I looked behind me and saw my little brother running towards us.

“Chihoon-ah!” he passed by me and hugged the girl in front of me.

“Yah! Chihoon-ah! Don’t hug that noona all of a sudden!” I scolded my brother.

“But I know her! She’s my teacher from the nursery school!”

The girl chuckled. “Chihoon-ah.” She patted my brother’s head.

“See?” my brother shot a look at me. “Seongsae-nim, what are you doing here? And talking with my hyung?”

“Ah...” she looked at me. “I’m just enjoying the day here in the park.” She answered.

“Oh. You want to join us for lunch?” my brother offered.

“Ah—“she tried to say something but got cut off by my brother.

“Please?”

“Okay.” She smiled again then looked at me. “Annyeonghasaeyo. I’m Ryu Hyeju.” She bowed.

“I’m... I’m Yong Junhyung. Chihoon’s brother. Nice to meet you.”

“Let’s go now!” my brother grabbed her hand and walked away as I’m trailing behind them.

“Doojoon.” The way she said the name; I want to know who owns that name.