Long Time No See

Awakening of the Heart

 

“Hyeju-ah.” I called the familiar girl in front of me. The girl whom I loved since my new life started. I missed her a lot.

“Kwangie.” She said my name. She sounded and looked surprised. I opened my arms waiting for her to run to me and she did. “Kwangie!!!”

“Hyeju-ah. Missed me?” I said chuckling and her hair. Her face is buried in my chest. She nodded before looking up to me. Tears have rolled from her eyes. I wiped them away. “Sshh. Don’t cry.”

She nodded again and pulled away from my embrace. “Yah. Lee Kikwang. You’re still not calling me noona? I’m older than you.” She playfully hit my arm.

“Haha. I’m sorry NOONA.” I emphasized the word noona and she smiled brightly.

“I missed that.” I cupped her face and rubbed her lips. “I missed your smile.” I told her.

“Ehem.” In the middle of admiring Hyeju’s features, I heard someone coughed. I looked to the direction of the sound. It’s the guy that Hyeju’s with. He’s standing behind Hyeju.

“Ah. Junhyung. This is Kikwang.” Hyeju held my arm and looked at me. “My best friend.” She continued. “Yes. Still her best friend.” I inwardly sighed.

“Kwangie, this is Junhyung. He’s. He’s a friend.” She introduced the guy to me. The guy shows off a strong aura. It’s irritating.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Kikwang imnida.” I offered my hand for a hand shake and he accepted.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Yong Junhyung imnida.” We stared at each other for quite a while and I’m sensing that we feel the same way. We don’t like each other.

“And this little guy here.” Hyeju interrupted. “Is Chihoon-goon. Introduce yourself to Kikwang hyung too Chihoon. Come on.” She encouraged the little kid and he obeyed.

“Annyeonghaseyo hyung. Choneun Yong Chihoon imnida.”  The kid shyly bowed and I acknowledge him with a smile.

“He’s Junhyung’s brother and also my student.” Hyeju added.

“Oh. So you became a teacher now?” I asked her.

“Yes.”

“And, you like it?” I continued.

“I love it!” she enthusiastically answered me.

“Good.” I smiled at her.

“I’m sorry Kikwang-ssi. But May I take Hyeju with me now? We’lll go home now. My brother needs some sleep.” Junhyung interrupted my conversation with Hyeju.

“Wait. You guys live together?” My eyes widened in surprise. Hearing that they’ll go home together made me feel alarmed.

“A-Aniyo! He’ll just drive me off to my house.” Hyeju answered defensively. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth.

“In that case, I’ll just take Hyeju home. You can drive home with your brother Junhyung-ssi.” I said, grabbing Hyeju’s hand. “You still live there?” I asked Hyeju and she nodded. “Ah. She still live at the house Doojoon hyung bought for them.”

I pulled Hyeju to the direction where my car is but she was stopped by Junhyung. He’s holding Hyeju’s other hand.

“Ryu Hyeju.” He called Hyeju’s full name with a hint of authority in his voice. “Why is this guy having the feel of authority towards Hyeju? Yong Junhyung... You love Hyeju.” I made the conclusion in my head and I unconsciously tightened my grip with Hyeju’s hand.

“Ow.” Hyeju flinched.

“Mianhe.” I said and loosen the grip.

“I. Kikwang. I’ll go with Junhyung. I’ll meet you some other day okay?” She pulled her hand away.

“I’m sorry. Yes. Let’s meet some other day then. I’ll go to your house soon.” I simply said. “See you soon Hyeju.” Then I walked away from the three.

“Yong Junhyung. I won’t let you take away Hyeju from me.” I said under my breath as I walk towards my car.

 

~*~*~*~*~

Sorry for the short chapter..^^'