I Miss Him

Awakening of the Heart

 

After I finished playing that piece, I left the room and went behind the school. I can’t take it anymore. I squat hugging my knees while I cry my heart out.

“Doojoon-ah... Doojoon-ah... Doojoon-ah...” I kept on calling his name even though I know that he won’t come to me. “Doojoon-ah...” right then, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked behind me, there’s a tall figure of a man blocking my sight of the sun.

“Are you okay?” he said.

I squinted my eyes and saw that they guy behind me is Chihoon’s brother. “Junhyung-sshi.” I whispered.

“I’m sorry I-” I stood up, wiped my tears and started to walk away when he grabbed my hand.

“You know. It’s okay to protect what you love. It’s okay to cry and express your feelings” I looked back at him. His eyes are so sincere that I began to cry again. My legs wobbled and I again sat to the ground, crying I don’t care if my eyes will pop out.

(flashback to 2 years ago...)

“I’m sorry Hyeju-ah.”Doojoon said from the other line sounding really apologetic. “I can’t come tonight. A client from Japan set an appointment with me later. So...”

“I understand.”I smiled even though he can’t see me from the other line.

“I’m sorry babe. Happy anniversary. I love you.”

“I love you too. Take care.”I heard him mumble an agreement then ended our phone call.

I heaved a sigh and went to our small bar to get myself a glass of white wine. “It can’t be helped. He just took over their hotel business.” I then sat down to the couch and started to look at the photo album that was placed on top of the table.

Photos of me and Doojoon filled the album, from the start of our relationship 3 years ago. We love to travel so we have pictures from different places. I smiled when I flipped to the page where Doojoon’s face is scrunched. We were in Japan when I forced him to eat a half-teaspoon of wasabi. I didn’t know when I started to drift to sleep. The next thing I knew, I felt something soft on my lips for a while then gone. I slowly opened my eyes and saw red and white petals on the floor. The room is dim and only small candles lit the room which was arranged like a pathway. I followed the path until I arrived at the garden.

There, I saw a figure seated in front of the piano. “Doojoon?” I called. Who could it be other than him? We’re the only ones living in this house. But he didn’t answer. I walked towards him and stopped when he started playing.

The melody is new to me. ‘What song is that?’ I started to walk again slowly. He’s singing while he plays.

I LOVE TO SEE THE OCEAN'S BEAUTYAND THE MOON THAT SHINES ABOVE

ALONE IN THE SAND LOOKING AT THE STARSWISHING SOMEDAY I WOULD FIND TRUE LOVE

WOULD IT BE NICE TO SEE THE MORNINGWITH THE ONE YOU LOVE THE MOST

WOULD IT BE NICE TO SAY GOODNIGHTTO THE ONE YOU HOLD SO CLOSE TO YOUR HEARTTO YOUR HEART.

THE WIND THAT BLOWS THE DOVEIS THE WIND THAT BLOWS MY LOVE

HOPE IT'LL FIND ITS WAY TO YOU WHEREVER YOU ARE.
 

I LOVE TO SIT IN FIELDS OF GREENLOOKING DEEPLY THROUGH THE SKY

WATCHING BIRDS AS THEY FLY BYHOPING SOMEDAY FATE WILL BRING ME TRUE LOVE.

WOULD IT BE NICE TO HOLD SOMEONESO DEAR, NEAR YO UR HEART

WOULD IT BE NICE TO HEAR THOSE WORDSI LOVE YOU FROM THE ONE THAT YOU LOVE,THAT YOU LOVE.

Bridge:

I'D LOVE TO SEE MYSELF ONE DAYIN THE ARMS OF SOMEONEWHO WILL SHARE HER LIFE WITH MESELFLESSLY…SOMEDAY…YOU WILL FIND YOUR WAY…TO ME…

 

When I arrived to where he is, he smiled at me and I stood in front of the piano. When he’s done with his little performance, he stood up.

“Hyeju-ah.” He said. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. “You know that I love you right?” I nodded.

“Ryu Hyeju-sshi.” He said in a formal and serious tone. “I have loved you since we were kids. You have always supported me, making me enjoy every single day of my life. You’re really kind, sweet, and you always put others first before yourself. I admire every bit of you. You are my first and hopefully my last love. Hyeju.”

He reached for the right pocket of his pants and took out a black box. He slowly kneeled in front of me as he held my right hand. My heart started to beat really fast that it feels like it will come out from my rib cage any moment soon.

“Ryu Hyeju. I want to love and cherish you forever and spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you be Mrs. Yoon Hyeju?” I can’t think straight that I just stared at him until I felt a tear escaped from my eye and rolled down to the hand that he was holding.

“Doojoon... I...” I stuttered. “Of course! I want to be with you for the rest of my life!” I said crying. He smiled widely and slipped the diamond ring on my ring finger. It was really beautiful. I covered my lips with both hands ‘coz I can’t control the happiness I’m feeling right now. Doojoon removed it. He looked straight to my eyes. His brown eyes that make my heart flutter. He leaned closer, our noses touched, “I love you” he whispered before he gave me the sweetest kiss that we have shared.

(end of flashback...)

The whole time I’m crying and remembering and calling Doojoon, Junhyung kept me in his arms. Comforting me and giving me the warmth that I haven’t felt for a long while.

=*=*=*=*=*=

This chapter seems long. Hehe~ Please comment and subscribe. :D

Song by Southborder: Wherever you are

Lyrics from: metrolyrics.com