His Past

The Moon Curse: The Wolf of Speed
Please log in to read the full chapter

       HIS PAST.       

 

 

 

5-year-old Jongin sat on his bed, under his thick blanket. The room was dim with only the lamp on his nightstand illuminating the room. He lay down on his bed and snuggled into his pillow as he looked at the door, waiting for his father to enter his room for another bed time story.

The door finally opened and Jongin immediately sat up straight with a big smile on his face. He looked at his father with a spark of twinkle in his eyes. Jongin had always loved stories - whether it was fiction or not. But he had never believed those fictional stories. He was only 5 but he didn't believe in Santa Claus when kids his age did. "Lay back down, Jongin. I'm going to read to you my favourite story." The boy immediately lay back down, watching his father's every move. 

His father sat down beside his bed before he started telling him the story. 

"Once, there was a boy and his father. His father loved telling his son many story but there was only one that was stuck on the boy's mind. Many years ago, the boy's ancestors were involved in an experiment with 11 other men. It was an experiment conducted to make them stronger. They wanted to fight against the powerful government and luckily for them, the experiment was successful. It made them turn into wolves with their own special power each. They had full control over their powers of being able to turn into a wolf or human. As time went by, they got sick of this powers and thus wanted to get rid of it. They searched around the whole of Korea and some even went overseas to look for the conductors of the experiment but they were no where to be found. The power soon became like a curse. As the years past, the son of each 12 men had the same powers. This curse was past down from the next generation to the other until it was past down to the boy. His father told him that the powers would only start reacting when he turns 15. This curse was to be kept hidden from everyone. No one, not even their own family members, are to know about this curse. The government were even after them too, in fear that they were too powerful to fight against when all 12 are gathered together. The power this boy had was speed. He could run extremely fast, faster than anyone in this world. When he was 15, he didn't know how to control his powers. Every time there was a full moon, the boy would turn into a wolf. He tried every night to learn control of his powers and soon enough, he managed to control his powers. This boy is the man seated in front of you, Jongin." 

The boy's eyes widened. He was so immersed in the story that his last words had put him in great shock. The father placed a hand on his shoulder. "At the age of 15, you would experience all this. Do not panic when it happens. Learn how to take control of your powers because by the time you're of age, I won't be there to help you."

The rain bore on endlessly, pounding on the rooftops and turning the sidewalks and roads into vast lakes of dull, muddy water. The monotonous sound of raindrops beating on the sidewalk blended in with the occasional whoosh of the breeze through the treetops. Everything was bleak, grey, and dreary, even the atmosphere. Everyone wore black from head to toe, umbrellas held in their hands as they shield themselves from the rain.

Tears stained their faces as some prayed for the late Kim Junguk to rest in peace. The 10-year-old boy stared at the grave before him. His mind was blank but he wasn't lost. He knew hi

Please log in to read the full chapter