The Wolf

The Moon Curse: The Wolf of Speed
Please log in to read the full chapter

       THE WOLF.       

 

 

 

The night was cold and humid, silence filled the dark night as everyone fell into a deep slumber on the night of the full moon. A phase in a lunar month where the rays of the sun fully illuminates the moon. But this reflection of light brings about a very special ability in a certain man. His name is Kai.

Flashes of fur were illuminated by the lone moonlight that seeped between the leaves of the trees. The trees of the forest beared many claw marks which spanned across tens of trees as though it was made in a single swipe. The wolf made no sound as it walked through the forest searching for prey, its eyes darting all over the forest. Its ember eyes spotting a graceful animal as it graced across the floor covered with dried leaves. The wolf watched as the deer slowly chewed on the leaves of the bush. No. Please, no more. His body moved on its own in the direction of the deer.

Within a second, the wolf had already caught the deer by its neck. The wolf was quick, so quick one would mistake it for teleportation. The deer had no chance of escaping even if it had spotted the wolf. No. Let it go. He wanted to stop it all. He wished he wasn't audience to his wolf body bloodily devouring the flesh of the deer till it was left to bones. But he couldn't do anything. No part of his body moved as he wanted. The only part he had control over was his consciousness and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself from watching the brutal action his wolf body took.

He tried, night and night again to gain control of his canine state. Yet, there was never once he was successful. He could feel the blood of the deer dripping down the corner of his mouth. It disgusted him. The wolf ate the last piece of flesh off the bone before letting out a low growl. Looking up to the sky, the wolf realized that the sun was about to come up. It let out a howl before running deeper into the forest. But before it could even make it to the tree it always went to, the wolf passed out.

Jongin sat up with a gasp as his eyes snapped open. He breathing was scarce, beads of perspiration lined his forehead. It forebode on him that he was in a foreign part of the forest. He felt a sudden lost of warmth, the thin piece of cloth slipped from his bare chest. His hand moved along the grass, brushing against the cotton tee that he grew familiar to. The familiar scent of her wafting through his nose.

"It's you again?" Hoping that she was in a vicinity.He stood to his feet, slipping on the soft cotton material and blue denim jeans. "I hope, I'll have a chance to meet you one day," he whispered before he sped off in the direction of his house. He entered the empty house that he grew so sick of. The scent of stale air engulfing him with every step he took. He sighed, thinking about his mother that he had to move away from to protect her. He thought back about his father who had been killed by some unnamed source.

He let out another sigh before looking at the clock that hung above his only table. School again? This repetitive cycle has got to stop soon. He got out of the clothes she had given him before slipping on the oxford shirt and blue

Please log in to read the full chapter