Seeds of doubt

Big Heart

"Hey." Joonmyun said as soon as he heard the front door open.

"Hey hyung. I didn't know you were back from China, lounging in my house, eating my food." Jongdae said pointedly.

Joonmyun smiled innocently at him and took a big bite out of the sandwich he was having. "Yeah well I am. Minnie tells me you're still dating Mr tall dark and handsome."

Jongdae sighed. "You know that key is supposed to be used for emergencies only and his name is Yixing."

"Me being hungry is an emergency." Joonmyun protested.

"You have food in your house! I know very well your husband keeps it well stocked."

Joonmyun tried to change the topic quickly before Jongdae could have a full blown tantrum "Sooo how's the ?"

Jongdae gaped at him. "Hyung!"

"What? You must've done it by now it's been like a month."

"Unlike some people, I don't have on the first date and get pregnant."

"Who would be that careless?" he asked rhetorically with a huge smile on his face.

Jongdae smiled back. "I have no idea."

"At least it worked out for the best." Joonmyun said with a shrug as he finished the sandwich.

"Yes it did."

"But seriously, no ?"

Jongdae rolled his eyes. "No we're taking it slow."

"How slow, like snail pace?"

"Not everyone is a nypho like you."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." he said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Jongdae folded his arms. "Look if I don't want to have , I won't and no one can force me. Yixing is cool with waiting."

"Or, he's having with people behind your back because you won't put out."

Jongdae's mouth fell open. "Why would you say that?"

Joonmyun cackled. "Because I like making you miserable."

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

 

"We're exclusive right?" Jongdae asked Yixing on their next coffee date.

They had been doing this a lot because it was the easiest way to meet. Jongdae would have an hour or two free after he finished his tutoring sessions so he and Yixing would grab a drink before he needed to go and pick the kids up from nursery. Sometimes Yixing would come with him when he had writers' block.

Yixing stopped typing and looked at him. "Jongdae we've been going out for about a little over a month, should I be worried that you're asking me this now?"

"No no, I haven't been seeing people behind your back. Have you?" Jongdae asked trying not to sound too reproachful.

Yixing gave him a funny look. "No because I was under the impression that we are exclusive."

Jongdae let out a quiet sigh of relief. "Good, just good to clarify these things you know."

"Ok..." He knew that there was more to this but chose not to push it because Jongdae would end up telling him eventually.

They sat in silence with only the steady beats of Yixing's fingers on the keyboard to keep them company.

Jongdae finally broke the silence. "It's just that my brother came back from China and he was eating my food and sitting on my couch and asking me weird questions about my life."

Yixing stopped typing again and closed his laptop. "I thought we agreed to take things slow."

"We did."

"Do you want to have ?"

"I'm still not very ready yet." Jongdae mumbled.

"So what's the problem?"

"It's nothing honestly I'm just being stupid."

"Jongdae."

Jongdae took a deep breath in. "My brother said that the only reason you agreed to take things slow was because you were getting it from somewhere else."

Yixing frowned. "Getting what?"

Jongdae let out a small sound. "You know what!" But the confusion on Yixing's face didn't change. " Yixing!"

"Oh!" Yixing's face flooded with understanding before it changed to seriousness. "I'm not having with any other than my hand."

"Yixing!"

"What? I just wanted to be clear. Honestly Jongdae, I'm not some teenager with an insatiable need to all the time. If I was going to make love to anyone, it would be you, but only if you're ready. Don't feel like you have to force yourself to sleep with me because you think I'm sleeping with other people behind your back because I would never do something like that."

"I know it's just..." Jongdae let out a growl of frustration.

"I get it, just try and have a little bit of faith in me. I'm slightly offended but I'm going to let this go because your brother put this in your head and it didn't actually come from you."

"I'm sorry Yixing." He said in earnest, feeling stupid for ever listening to Joonmyun and angry at his brother.

"It's fine, we just need to work on building the trust in our relationship." He packed his things and held his hand out for Jongdae. "Come on, we need to pick up the kids from school."

"Yixing-"

Yixing shook his head. "We don't want to keep the kids waiting, we'll talk more later."