Coffee date

Big Heart

Jongdae had requested to meet Yixing before he picked the kids up from nursery. Yixing had been in a quiet little coffee shop, trying to write his next book, so he suggested Jongdae meet him there.

Yixing greeted him with a warm smile when Jongdae entered the shop, but it soon began to falter when the younger returned his hug stiffly. Yixing chose not to comment and instead, he ordered them both a drink, 2 iced americanos.

"Do you come here often?" Jongdae said without thinking, he then proceeded to mentally slap himself for the unintentional lame pick up line.

Yixing wanted to tease the man but he could see how jittery he was already and chose not to. "Yes I do, it's my favourite place in Seoul. It might sound super hipster but I don't like going to large coffee chains, there are too many people and it's always very noisy. I prefer smaller shops with a relaxing atmosphere, I get a lot more work done and my editor stays happy."

Jongdae nodded before sipping his drink. They drank in silence; one working up the courage to speak, the other patiently waiting for the former.

Jongdae went to take another sip of his coffee and found that there was none left in the cup.

"Would you like me to order you another?" Yixing asked when he noticed Jongdae staring into his empty cup.

Jongdae startled out of his thoughts and looked at Yixing before looking away just as quickly. "Umm no, it's ok." He took a deep breath in. "Yixing I need to tell you something."

Yixing smiled encouragingly at him. "Go on."

"My youngest son er doesn't umm like you very much." he said finally.

Yixing nodded. "So you're breaking up with me. I understand, I just wish you'd give me and Sehun more time to get used to each other before making this decision. But they are your kids and this is your life so I will be understanding, if not a little upset."

Jongdae bit his bottom lip. Yixing had just given him an out, if he wanted to, he could break things off with him and go on living his life. But he didn't want that, not when he really thought about it, his children had decided to give Yixing a try and he owned it to himself to try and find love again.

Jongdae quietly chuckled to himself. "No you dummy, I just wanted to let you know that even though Sehun doesn't like you, he's willingly to try to get used to you for my sake. But if you don't want to deal with young temperamental children, I will give you a chance to get out now because my kids will always be a huge part of my life. Children are difficult to handle and I will completely understand if you don't want to handle them. People normally date, maybe get married and have kids, not have kids and then date, so-"

Yixing shut him up by lightly pressing his lips to Jongdae's. Jongdae's tense shoulders deflated and his leant into the kiss more, allowing Yixing's teasing tongue passed his parted lips. His tongue languidly Yixing's when the elder started to map out the canvas of this mouth. Yixing pulled away after one last peck to his lips, leaving him thoroughly lightheaded.

"Jongdae I knew you had children when I first asked you out. I knew exactly what I was getting into, please don't push me away, I kind of really like you." he confessed.

"I'm not pushing you away." Jongdae said defensively.

Yixing chuckled and went to encase his hands in his own. "You are subtly doing it because you're afraid that if you fall for me you're going to have to choose between your children and your love life and I'm telling you right now, that is never going to happen. I will never make you choose because I already know you're always going to choose your children and it's one of the things I love about you, how devoted you are to them. I don't care that you have kids, it honestly doesn't bother me the slightest."

Jongdae held his head up. "You seem very sure of yourself Mr Zhang."

Yixing shrugged. "Sometimes you have to be. I can see this going far but I won't push you if you don't. The real question is, are you ready to let your heart love again?"

"I...I don't know." Jongdae replied honestly. He wanted to try and let Yixing in, he really did, but he was afraid of getting hurt again.

Yixing raised Jongdae's hands and kissed his knuckles. "It's ok, I'll work hard to earn your trust."

"I really want to Yixing."

"I know," Yixing smiled reassuringly, "we'll go slow. I don't mind, especially because it's you."

Jongdae smiled earnestly. "Thank you."