Lies

Aldebaran

 

“Dear Jung Hwan

I don’t think I’ll be able to wake up immediately after the surgery so I got Dr. Kim to pass you this letter. I don’t think I’ll be able to say these to you face to face (I’m shy.). I just want you to know that you’re a really great friend and I enjoy those nights stargazing with you. Your presence has brought joy to my dull and mundane life. Gee, I think I sound cheesy.

Remember our promise to find Sirius together? Let’s do that once I’m better! It’ll be fun! We haven’t taken any pictures together. So, while we’re at it, we should take loads of pictures! I’m already looking forward to it. Start saving up for our little trip now!

Anyway, I’ve enclosed 1000 won in the envelope. Use that to buy a bar of chocolate for me; I’ll eat it when I wake up. My Mom refused to buy one for me. She said it is unhealthy. Don’t you dare eat it before I wake up!

With love

Your best friend

Jason

 

PS. Don’t let my Mom know that you’re buying chocolate for me! She’ll kill me! ”

 

Jung Hwan tucked the letter in his pocket. “I’m going to keep the 1000 won safely for you. I’m not going to help you buy the chocolate; wake up and buy it yourself.” He whispered in Jason’s ear.

 

On the third day after the surgery, Jung Hwan saw many nurses entering Jason’s ward. “Get Dr. Kim!” He heard one of them shouting. Everything seemed like a mess; it was very chaotic. Mrs Jang was crying; her body was shaking.

 

Please,” Jung Hwan thought. “Not him.

 

Dr. Kim rushed in shortly after. “Ventricular tachycardia,” he said. “Get ready the defibrillator!” he shouted. “120 J. Clear!” The nurses immediately steered away. “150 J. Clear!”

 

“His heartbeat is getting irregular!”

 

“200 J! Clear!”

 

The line on the Cathode Ray Oscillation (CRO) turned flat.

 

“Time of death: 1612h”

 

Dr. Kim came out. “I’m sorry; we did our best.”

 

Mrs. Jang collapsed. It was a painful truth; Jung Hwan was hurting too. He went into the ward to see Jason’s lifeless body. His face was drained of colour; it was a ghastly white.

 

“You promised to find Sirius with me,” Jung Hwan said in between sobs. “We haven’t even taken a picture together! Don’t pretend to be asleep. I’ll buy you your chocolate!” He cried harder. “Wake up now, please.”

 

“We are supposed to be friends forever.”

 


 

Author's note:

I'm not really sure how the procedures are at the hospital.

I did my best with my limited knowledge from dramas and some research.