Start Of The Game

Will It Always Be Like This?

(Note: WOOOOOW After a year, 2 months and 1 day I have come back to comments and new subscribers and I don't deserve you guys. I've read everyone's comments and I'm honestly touched by how awesome you guys are and I do sincerely want to apologize, but I also want to say thank you for wanting more. I seriously had to brain storm ideas for where I wanted to take this story and though there is no definite end, I do have a sense of where I'm taking this story now. In advance, I'm sorry if my writing is patchy. I started writing this chapter almost a year ago and I just added in more today. I love you guys, thank you for your support ;-;)

 

You wake up, completely soaked in your sweat. You sit up trying to catch your breathe, you’re in your bed room. The sunlight is bothering you.

“You want me to pull the curtains over the windows?” a voice to your right says. You’re startled and you look at the source of the voice. Jungkook.

“Get the out of my loft!” You shout at him as you get up from your bed. He sits so calmly on your bed as he lets out an exasperated sigh, still looking at you.

“Don’t sigh like that at me!” You tell him, “I should be sighing like that at you and much more! What the are you doing in here!? Where’s your beloved best friend?! What have you done to him??!?” You’re furious. You can’t stand his presence, but you want answers.

“Funny that you’re referring to him as my best friend rather than your boyfriend. Why is that?” He asks back.

“Don’t. Don’t try changing the subject. What are you doing here???”

“Can you please stop shouting at me?” He asks politely.

“No. Stop looking so calm as if nothing happened.” He seems to be wearing the same thing from last night. “ I remember this time Jungkook. And last time too! Was that also Jimin who grabbed me and put me to sleep? Because I’d love to have a word with him about how he bruised me-” Jungkook looks up at you slightly confused.

“Bruised?”

“Yes!” You lift up your shirt enough to show him your waist and that’s when you realize you’re wearing a completely different set of clothes from last night; a baggy white T-shirt and baggy black shorts instead of your cardigan and jeans. “These aren’t mine…” You look at him.

“Well, I wanted you to sleep comfortably, so I brought some of my clothes and-”

He stops talking as soon as he sees your expression; your mouth is wide and your face is red.

“This…is yours..” you speak slowly, “so you…put me…in your clothes…?” You quickly face away from him and look through the collar of the shirt, making sure your bra is on.

Jungkook seemed to comprehend what you were doing. “I didn’t take any of that off.”

“Yeah, but you saw me….” You say. You realize some of your anger has subsided, but you’re still irritated at him. How dare he?

“I didn’t mean to bruise you by the way…” he answers one of your many questions trying to hide his own red face.

“Can you please just leave?” You ask him politely. “I can’t…You can’t be here. You and Jimin are.... Where’s Jimin? I need to talk to him. What are you and him trying to protect me from?”

“I figured you would be mad at him so I asked him not to come.”

“I’m mad at both of you. How do you guys even have chloroform to put me to sleep?” You start raising your voice again, “do you guys just walk around with that??? Who are you really????”

He looks at you, pained.

“Jungkook,” You sit on the bed, next to him, “tell me… Everything.”

“You know, you’re very confusing. First you ask me to leave and now it seems you’re asking me to stay.” He tells you. “Why don’t I show you everything?”

“What?” You quickly ask.

“Everything you want to know, I’ll show it to you. Maybe it would be easier than sitting here talking about it.”

You look down. How much is there to know anyways…?

“But first,” he speaks up again, “you need to shower and eat something.”

You scoff at him. “Are you trying to tell me something Jeon Jungkook?”

“Do you not want to shower? I would have given you a bath myself, your temperature kept on fluctuating throughout the night, I was…worried. But I figured you wouldn’t have wanted me to do that.”

“Yeah, as if I’d want your hands all over me.” You state as a matter of factly, but it seems, even to you, that it sounded sarcastic. Even Jungkook raises a brow, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Right. Well…go shower.” He states as he stands up from beside you, making his way through your dresser and opening some drawers.

“Hey!” You quickly stand up and go up to him, slamming the drawers shut and putting yourself between them and you. You look at him. “What are you doing???”

“Looking for clothes to give you so you can go shower?” He states.

“I can do that; I know where my stuff is.”

“I do too.” He winks at you.

“Will you stop that??” You just keep getting more and more irritated at him.  “I’m still angry at you.”

“You don’t seem like it.”

“Stop testing me, Jungkook. And stop pretending like everything is ok, you’re ed up.”

“Ouch.” He says.

“Oh please. As if tying your best friend with the help of your group member and carrying around chloroform and kissing your best friend’s girlfriend isn’t ed up.” You glare at him.

“So you’re still thinking about that too?” He asks and you know exactly what he’s referring to.

You roll your eyes and collect your clothes and make your way towards the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

“You don’t have to do that. I’m not that ed up.” He says.

“It’s a habit.”

•••

After washing up, you look at the clothes lying on the floor. Jungkooks clothes… you think to yourself. You’re still slightly irritated that he saw you, but you don’t mind it too much. After changing you realize you feel both refreshed yet weak at the same time. You remember Jungkook mentioning something about your temperature fluctuating throughout the night. You take a pill for the minor fever and head out of the restroom.

 

“I fed your cat.” Jungkook says from downstairs.

You stay quiet. You don’t know what to expect of the day. Your intention last night was to clear things up with your boyfriend and possibly break things off, not to find him tied up.

 

You have a flashback of the unconscious woman on your boyfriends bed. You start making your way downstairs to the kitchen. Jungkook looks up at you from the floor, where he is sitting next to Unmyeong.

“Part of me wishes I could live as peacefully as you do. I love where I’m at, but I also love simple things like sitting on a kitchen floor, no one knowing where I am, not having to update anyone about my whereabouts. It’s nice…”

You look at him with a raised eyebrow “You got all that from spending time with my cat?”

He smiles, all the worry in his face washing away. “Let’s go.” He states so simply.

“Wait, the woman on the bed…” you ask.

“She lost consciousness. Too drunk. That wasn’t my doing.” He says as if it helps make the situation so uncomplicated. His phone vibrates. He reads the messsage to himself.

“.” He says as he puts down his phone

“What is it??” Worry floods every part of you once more.

“Your boyfriend.” He says

“Your best friend.” You stress. "Funny how you're referring to him as my boyfriend now, rather than your best friend."

“No no no no. Please stop trying to associate me with that piece of sh-”

“Hey! Just, tell me. What is it? What happened?”

“He’s gone.”

“Gone? As in..not home?” You ask confused. “Why don’t we just, I don't know, call him instead I mean,” you search for your phone in your pockets. Nothing.

You run upstairs. Nothing. “Jungkook, my phone…?” you ask as you come back downstairs, Jungkook hadn’t moved.

“We’re not going to call him, that’s not the point. We want to do this as unexpected as possible.” He states sternly.

“What are we going to do? What do you mean by ‘this’? Why can’t you just tell me what’s going on??” You state harshly; this game is infuriating you.

“I, I just need to show you, let’s go. Grab the breakfast I made you and let’s go. He can’t be gone.”

You scoff, because as annoyed as you are, if the only way you’re going to find out what’s going on is by being shown what’s going on, then so be it, but your patience is running thin. You grab your keys. Jungkook grabs you by the hand and hurries you through the front door.