Just A Dream

Will It Always Be Like This?

Your eyes are closed, but you feel him; he is laying next to you. Softly singing Just One Day, almost cooing. You feel his breathe against your ear and on your neck. You smile, his breathing on you tickles you. He gets closer, his lips making contact with your skin, you smile widely and he continues singing, but the singing becomes more of a murmur. 'He seems to be falling asleep', you think, 'my sweet, handsome J-...'

You are suddenly awakened by a pressing on your forehead.

     You open your eyes and see a furry mass of white blocking most of your view. It's your cat, Unmyeong . It's not like she doesn't have room elsewhere, afterall, the bed is only made for two, you sigh . After plotting her off your head and onto the floor you turn on the bed and lay on your side, facing away from the window of your loft. The early sun warms your back, a pleasant feeling after a cold night. He came home late last night. You gaze at the person in front of you, his facing you. You are tempted to touch it, but fear it will wake him so you just watch his torso move at the rhythm of his breathe.

     You recall your dream and you feel...guilty. You knew exactly who's voice that was in the dream, there's no mistaking it. It's not like it actually happened, you think in your mind, trying to wash away the guilt. You groan and scrunch your face trying to remove the vivid dream and the sensations you felt in it from your conscious. You slowly move towards him, placing your arm around him, his pressed against your torso and your face pressed against the back of his neck. You feel him tense up a bit, but he remains asleep.

I love you, I know I do...

"I know you love me too. What's up?" he says. Startled, you jump a bit and quickly realize you said that aloud. 

"Nothing, nothing. I was just..thinking..of us." You respond. 

You somehow feel him smile, and he then turns to face you. He only stares at you, both of you taking each other in. He interrupts this moment by suddenly kissing your forehead. You remember your cat.

"I should get up to feed Unmyeong or else she will keep-" Unmyeong jumps onto the bed and comes in between you and him.

"..bothering me. Ya!" You yell at Unmyeong as she hisses at your boyfriend and you glare and motion her to get off the bed. She stares back and you decide to get up from bed. You feel eyes watching you, but not the cats, his. He laughs a small laugh as you make your way down the small set of stairs from your bedroom to the living room with Unmyeong behind you.

You ask out of routine, from the kitchen "Are you going to work today?"

"No, but I'm going to go visit the boys" He responds and your heart sinks yet skips a beat at the same time. Is that even possible? You think to yourself.

"Want to come with..? They really like you, you know?" He adds. Your heart starts to beat fast. 

"I..." You hesitate, but realize this is a good chance to prove something for yourself. "Sure!" You answer.

"Great! I'll jump in the shower right now." 

I won't always feel like this will I? 

Unmyeong's loud purring distracts you and you set her bowl down on the floor for her to eat.

You then stand against the kitchen counter, arms crossed as you become lulled into a train of thoughts with the sound of running water from upstairs.

•••

Both of you are headed towards the BigHit Entertainment building.

"Is this a good idea? I mean, shouldn't we meet them up somewhere else? There's going to be a few people outside of the building surely waiting to catch a glimpse of them...I-"

"Relax." He says, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on your thigh as he keeps his eyes on the road. "It wasn't really up to me this time, they told me to meet them here." 

You don't relax, but you aren't vocal about your worries anymore.

   He pulls up into the parking lot of the building, security already knows who he is, although he isn't here everyday, they recognize him already and so they let him through without question. Once parked, you both walk towards the building and go inside. You weave your way through the elevator and lots of different rooms; practice rooms, studios, conference rooms, etc.

Finally, you hear it. It's their music playing. Both of you walk towards the room, dance practice? you think.

   He opens the door cautiously so as to not interrupt them. Both of you walk in, their backs facing both of you for they are looking at the mirror, watching themselves carefully, making sure they are in sync.

Your eyes drift towards his reflection. Jungkook. You watch him move so powerfully even as the song comes to an end...

   Once the song finishes, they all fall to the floor from exhuastion, except Jimin, who walks away in a cool fashion, but his face seems stoic--frustrated even. Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Namjoon and Taehyung lay on the floor and Jungkook comes towards you and him after taking a large gulp of water. You gaze at him, so tall..and that jawline...and those lips...

Jungkook eagerly comes to greet the guy standing next to you, the guy holding your hand....

In a moment, you are whipped back to reality, trying to wipe away all your thoughts and you look away from Jungkook, aware that he wasn't looking at you, but not wanting to make anything obvious.

I need to stop...But I am perfectly fine, you try to convince yourself. It was just a dream, I just saw Jungkook in my dream..nothing actually happened between us....What's wrong with me??

"What's wrong with your girlfriend?" Jungkook asks, almost like he read your mind. You snap your head towards him and your eyes fall upon his and you're lost for a moment again...

"Nothing, she's still shy." Your boyfriend responds as he laughs it off. Jungkook smiles warmly at you and you feel yourself blushing and so you quickly look away in a different direction.

Your boyfrend quickly asks "So...how long will you guys be?" directing his question towards Jungkook, but a sudden, hyper Taehyung jumps up to you, Jungkook and your boyfriend and says "Oh we're just going to shower. We're starving so we'll be quick. Hello!~" Taehyung finishes off by looking at you and smiling that big smile of his, and you laugh and you slowly feel yourself loosening up, becoming less..shy.

"Alright, we will wait in the truck for you guys." Your boyfriend says as he squeezes your hand, leading you out of their practice room.

You quickly say "See you soon" directing it towards all of the guys, but looking at Jungkook. You catch a quick glimpse of him.

 

I may be feeling like this for a while...You think as you walk hand in hand with your boyfriend, Jungkooks best friend.

It'll go away soon...

You think of his warm smile.. 

....I dont think I want this to go away..