Problematic One

Will It Always Be Like This?

(NOTE: Thank you everyone who has read this story so far! Looking at the views and comments really makes me want to keep writing for you guys. I try to update as soon as I get the chance, but exams this week distracted me from updating any time soon. Thank you again, so so much, for taking the time to read this! :) I will keep writing as long as you guys want me to~)

 

“Next” you say as you look at the next customer in line. You work in a pharmacy as a cashier. Sometimes it’s hectic, other times it’s incredibly slow, just like any other job. Even though your shift is about to end for the day and things are slow now, today was busy enough to keep your mind off of what you had found on your body earlier.

“Enjoy your day!” You tell the customer with a smile. You’re about to close your register to leave for the night when someone places their items in front of you.

“I’m sorry, I-” You start, but then you look up and find a familiar face surrounded by a dark grey hoodie. He smiles.

“Can I talk to you outside?” Jimin asks in a low voice. You try not to look confused and go on to scan his items. He gives you money to pay and he just looks at you as if expecting something to happen and then you remember his question. “Sure, have a great night!” You say, trying to act natural.

You close your register, and go gather your things. You leave the pharmacy and go into the parking lot, looking for your car and as you spot it, you find Jimin leaning against the trunk of your car. He watches you approach him with a concerned look on his face.

“In the car,” you tell him “never know who’s watching.” He smiles and then says “You’re taking this idol thing more serious than any of us are, but if you insist.”

You unlock the car and get into the driver’s seat as Jimin sits in the passenger’s seat. All is silent for a few seconds and then you wonder “How did you even get here without being spotted??”

“Taehyung drove me here; he’s actually parked behind us.” Jimin explains as he turns his head to his left, looking behind him through the back window of your car and pointing at the black car behind you.

“Oh.” You respond not really knowing what else to say or what to expect.

“Earlier today,” Jimin starts, “…it was you who called Jungkook right?”

You exhale in an exasperated manner as you remember earlier that day when you called Jungkook. “Yes…why do you ask?”

“I wanted to apologize.” Jimin says abruptly.

“For what??? You didn’t do anything.”

“On behalf of Jungkook’s behavior earlier today, I wanted to apologize. I tried stopping him from talking so harshly to you.” He says.

“You...don’t have to apologize. Wouldn’t he have come to me himself instead of sending you?”

“He probably did want to come, he just…couldn’t face you.”

“Couldn’t face me?” You start getting frustrated, flashes of the groups behavior the last few days replaying in your mind. “Wow, what is it? His pride? You don’t have to come by his orders, like I said, he can come to me himself if he’s sorry. You know, I wasn’t expecting an apology, it didn’t even bother me the way he was acting ,” Jimin shoots you a ‘are you sure?’ look, “I’m serious! Just...forget it Jimin. I’m fine, the world goes on.”

He sits there silently, staring out the window. “It’s not pride that’s stopping him…it’s,”

You cut him off, “for a second, with the worried look on your face that you’ve been giving me this whole time, I thought it was something to do with my boyfriend not about Jungkook. Honestly, I don’t care.”

He turns to look at you almost too quickly and his face is suddenly…cold.

“Why?” He asks

“Why what?” You respond.

“Why are you even worried about your boyfriend? Don’t you think that if he saw and knew that you were calling him he would call you back? It’s past eleven! Shouldn’t he be worried about you like a normal human ing being would about the person they love??? Shouldn’t he have at least sent a message?????” He starts raising his voice.

“What the hell are you trying to say Jimin???”

He throws his head back against the car seat and runs his fingers through his own hair, groaning in frustration “That YOU deserve to be happy!”

“I AM. WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I’M NOT.” you almost shout.

You hear a car door close shut nearby, you look in the rearview mirror and watch Taehyung approaching your car, he goes to Jimin’s side and tells him “We have to start heading back..HIIIIIIIIIIIIII” Taehyung ends his statement abruptly and happily as he pokes his head through the window on Jimins side and looks at you. You smile in return.

Jimin opens the car door and slams it shut once he’s out, making his way towards Taehyung’s car. Taehyung pokes his head through the window again and asks, “Are you hungry??? You just got out of work, I know, but you should come eat with us-”

“Ya!” Jimin interrupts, shouting at Taehyung, but Taehyung ignores him “-Something small if you’d like. I’m always hungry after practice.” He dozes off, looking into the distance thinking, it seems, about food.

You smile again, “No I have food at my place, and I should get some sleep…Thank you though.”

“Alright!!” He laughs “See you around!” He says as he leaves, heading back to his car.

You watch them leave through the rearview mirror and then you go ahead and turn on your car, placing your hands on the steering wheel. You drive out of the parking lot and make your way home, to your loft. After fifteen minutes on the road, you finally get there. You park in front of the loft and as you switch off the car, and grab your things from the backseat, you notice the plastic bag with Jimin’s things on the passenger’s seat in front. You make the decision to disregard it and so you it leave there.

As you stand in front of your door, looking for your keys in your bag, you hear noise coming from within the loft. Footsteps... You open your door and see no one and hear nothing, but suddenly you are pulled in by your arm and shoved up against the nearest wall. The door is slammed shut and as your eyes adjust to the darkness of your loft you realize you’re looking at him, your boyfriend. He takes your things and aggressively throws them on the floor and grabs your wrists, hard.

“You’re hurting me! Sto-”

“You were with Jungkook weren’t you???? I know your schedule, you should have been here almost an hour ago. Why were you with him? What did he tell you? TELL ME.” He raises his voice and squeezes your wrists harder, you hear Unmyeong meow menacingly from upstairs.

You look at him confused and in a calm, but terrified, tone you say “I wasn’t with him—let me go!”

“Then why are you home so late????”

You decide it is probably best to not tell him Jimin kept you. “Home?? You say that as if the place belongs to you. Where were YOU?? Your side of the bed wasn’t in the slightest bit disheveled when I woke up and let me remind you that you were great at answering your phone today. It was a busy day, I was still at work.” You finish off.

“I don’t want you seeing Jungkook at all.” He warns and he lets go of your wrists after one more hard squeeze.

You didn’t realize how hard he was holding them, until a few seconds after he let go, you had to rub your wrists. He walks towards the kitchen and you gather your things from the floor. You start heading up stairs, not really wanting to talk to him any longer and more than anything, wishing he wasn’t even here despite the fact that you were worrying about him for most of the day and wondering where he was.

He didn’t even tell me where he was and he was so sure and so afraid that I was with Jungkook…why?

You hear the front door close. You undress yourself and are thankful to be alone. Well, almost alone. You sit on the edge of your bed and take Unmyeong on your lap.

“You know…I don’t understand why you never liked him,” you talk to her as you pet her, “but right now, I’m not very happy with him either, all he cared about was if I was with Jungkook. Why would it matter if I was with him anyways…?” She meows.

You set her down and you head towards the bathroom with the urge to wash your hands, your wrists. You turn on the light and head towards the sink. Looking down at your hands you notice just how red your wrists are. You gently rub them, wincing occasionally. I'm ok... you think.

You head back to your bed and make yourself comfortable. You lay on your side, facing the window, positive that tonight would be a sleepless night.

You think about the day, work, Jimin, your boyfriend and Jungkook.

Jungkook seems to be problematic, you think to yourself. And he’s an . You think back on the phone call. Him and his best friend are s. Maybe that’s why they’re friends. You scoff.

That seems to be the only thing they have in common though…They’re both from different worlds…but I hardly seem to actually know a thing about either of them…

Maybe Jungkook was just stressed. You try to reason his anger towards you earlier that day.

What the hell am I doing? What do I care…

You simply stare out the window, your mind blank, too tired to figure out any of this, but too awake to sleep.

You hear your phone go off, a message?? You grab it from the nightstand you had placed it on and look at the screen and read the name of the sender out loud “Jungkook.”

Unmyeong meows.