A Full Witch?

The Silver Siblings

“Transform you idiot!” May shouts. Quick glows silver and transforms into his weapon form.

“Be resourceful, you can’t hold me for long” Quick says through the bows reflection.

“I know” May jumps up against the walls and reaches the rooftop. Her hand glows and a silver arrow appears made of her soul wavelength. She pulls the string back and aims at the kishins head, her hand sweating as she tries to keep herself steady. She sends the glowing arrow flying and it pierces through one of the kishin’s eyes and straight through his deformed head.

He wails in pain thrashing about, causing the ground to shake beneath. Just as the kishin regains himself a distinct metal scraping sound is heard.

“What was that!?” Quick yells and transforms back into human form.

“Look, its Soul and Maka” May says trying to keep her stance even though she was about to collapse “Good…because I’m about… to ….see ya” Her knees give in and she faints.

Maka’s POV

I’m so glad me and Soul got here in time. From the corner of my eye, I saw that May had collapsed and Quick was on his own. I strike one last time at the kishin’s neck and it falls to the ground in a bloody pool. The kishin egg floats into the air. Soul half transforms from his scythe and grabs the red ball, then shoves it in his gob chewing slightly before swallowing.

Soul goes back into his scythe and shouts “Let’s go Maka!” from his reflection and I nod. I bounce off the walls of the tight alley and reach the rooftop where Quick and May were. Soul transforms back into a human and kneels down next to May. “How long has she been out for” He asks Quick.

“It hasn’t even been a minute yet” Quick replies.

Soul nods and picks May up bridal style. “I’ll take her back to the school dispensary, Maka you take Quick home” I nod in reply.

“Let’s go Quick” I usher him forward and he follows behind me.

“I’m sorry Maka” Quick says and hangs his head in shame.

“Hey, it’s fine. I’m just glad we came in time, otherwise you guys would have been a gonnners” I pat his back in reassurance “That’s what friends are for right” I say making him smile.

(Time Skip)

Quick’s POV

I pace around my room worried about May. It wasn’t the only reason, I was also thinking about how we can’t even be a weapon and meister pair for no longer than a minute. How are we even meant to find someone we can match our soul wavelengths with? I just hope we find someone soon or we won’t last long at Shibusen.

I turn towards the clock on the wall, it stated 15:06. It’s already been two hours since May had been taken to the dispensary, this is too long. Normally she’s only out for fifteen minutes at the most. What’s going on? I think I should go check on her.

With this thought at mind, I grab my jacket and head out the door towards Shibusen.

On my arrival I sigh as I stare at the stairs to the school. “Why does there have to be so many steps!?” I moan, then take a deep breath and jolt up towards the entrance.

As I reach the dispensary still catching my breath, I hear muffled sound from behind the door. I place my ear against the door and listen to the conversation on the other side.

“She seems to be still unconscious from the medication you gave her” I hear a female voice.

“Yes Nygus, I’m going to need to take some samples of her blood” A man’s voice is heard from the other side, I think it is Professor Stein.

“Okay, I’ll get the vials and needles ready. Stein, I hope this is just one of your incorrect predictions and not something bad. I mean, even Shinigami-sama knows about her being part witch and all” Nygus replies

“Yes I know. I also hope it’s just a simple misunderstanding, but there is something bothering me about her powers. It seems they are compressed. She might not know it, but I think this girl can potentially become a full witch if her powers are somehow unravelled by another of her kind.”

As Stein finished his sentence a gasp escapes my lips… May… a full witch? No way! Not like that darned lady! I move away from the door still shocked by the information I had just learnt. My feet slowly back away from the door and I was about to walk off when I bump into someone.

“Ouch!” We both say in unison. I look up and spot Soul. Soul rubs his head in pain then looks up surprised.

“Oh sorry about that Soul” I say a bit embarrassed.

“It’s okay. Did you just see May?” He asks

“Ermm… I… well no.”

Soul looks at me with a confused look then sniggers. “Well go see her then dude” He says turning me around and then knocking on the door ignoring my protests.

“Who is it!?” Stein’s voice comes from the other side of the door.

“Er-em I-It’s Q-“ I was cut off by Soul

“It’s Quick. He wants to see May. Is it okay if he comes in?” Soul replies back to Stein.

A few clatters and bumps are heard in the room. Like drawers closing and things put back in place.

“Oh, yes he can come in” He finally says back.

I hesitantly open the door and there I see May lying in bed still unconscious looking as innocent as ever. I walk over to her bed and sit on a chair nearby. Soul decides he needs to leave the room.

I act as if I never overheard any of the conversation and ask “How come she isn’t awake yet? Normally she’s only unconscious for no more than fifteen minutes?”

“U-Uh Oh” Stein stutters a bit then pushes his glasses up with his index finger “I gave her some sleeping medication to help her rest better. She still didn’t look to well when she had woken up” He lied.

“Right, I see” I look back at May sound asleep “And how long will she be out for?”

“Not long now, since I did give her the medication a while back”

A smile forms on my face seeing her at peace and I stretch my hand out to reach hers “May… we better find our partners soon. I can’t have you like this all the time. You act like you can handle everything, but really you’re hurt on the inside” My smile soon turns into a frown.

Shuffling is heard and May slowly opens her eyes “Q-Quick” Her croaky voice calls “Of course we will” She replies sleep still written on her face. I chuckle at her.

“You always do that”

“Do what?” Her eyebrows crease together

“Pretend to be asleep and then reply to what I say to you, when I think you’re sleeping and not listening to me”

A smile appears on her face, her eyes still half closed “Well I am your sister. I have to look out for you. And the only time you actually tell me what’s on your mind is when I’m asleep” She rolls her eyes weakly earning another chuckle from me.

“How you feeling sis?” I ask her

“Sleepy” She replies yawning and stretching her arms, “But I’ve been asleep for too long, I should get up now” She sits up on the bed still drowsy with her eyes closed. What did Stein give her? She looks drunk.

“May, do you need help?”

“Huh!?” Her head perks up and turns towards me, she looks at me with her droopy eyes “Did you say something?”

A knock is heard at the door. Then before Professor Stein could ask who it is, the door barges open.

“YAHOO! MAY! HOW YOU FEELING!?” A loud Black*Star jumps into the room and sits on Mays bed almost crushing her legs, but lucky enough she moves them out the way in time and she covers her ears from his screeching.

“Black*Star, please speak in a lower volume” A calm Tsubaki enters behind him.

“Thanks Tsubaki, and I’m feeling better Black*Star, just a little sleepy” May replies to his question.

“I hope you recover fully by Monday! I want to challenge you again!” Black*Star says (yells) pointing towards her.

“No I don’t think we’ll be doing any of that anymore, well not until we find partners to battle with” I say.

Black*Star and Tsubaki just nod in response and May pouts. I know she loves fights, but I can’t have her collapsing again.

“Excuse me but the door was open, I hope I am not intruding” Death The Kid’s voice trails in to the room. He walks in and smiles at May when he sees her sitting up, “I see you are doing well May”

May smiles back “Thanks Kid, yeah I’m feeling much better”

Kid nods back “Good, your hair is a mess, did you just wake up?” He asks her and starts fixing her hair.

May sits there not a care in the world that Kid is touching her hair “Yeah actually” She then looks towards me “Quick, I want to go home” She pouts at me.

“Okay, well then let’s go” I say standing up but am halted by May’s next words.

“I can’t walk, my legs are numb, and I’m really tired” She gives me a ‘help’ look. My mouth hangs open.

“Really?? May you know I can’t carry you! You’re too heavy! I’m not as strong as Soul” I reply trying to think of way around this.

Kid finishes May’s hair and then steps back inspecting it. He nods at his work with a smile on his face “Perfect!” escapes his lips, May blushes slightly “Oh, and Quick, I can take her home if you want?” He asks

“I appreciate the help but are you okay with walking all the way to our apartment carrying her?”

He nods “Yes and I don’t need to walk, I have Beezlebub” He replies

“Beezle WHUT?” Me and May say at the same time.

Kid just chuckles “You’ll see” he says then without warning picks May up off the bed bridal style.

“EEEEEPP!!” She squirms in his grip “OH MY DEATH! KID! At least warn me before you decide to lift me off the bed like that!” She squeals and wraps her arms around his neck blushing bright red and buries her head in his chest to hide her embarrassed face.

“Sorry, I should have informed you, my mistake” He says blushing slightly too and we all head out the dispensary towards the front of the school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888