5회

Listen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No, I can't; I have to finish my essay tonight. I have at least 3 more pages to do." Seohee answered as she placed her books into her backpack. She knew Jongin was giving her a strange look. He knew her well. He know that Song Seohee had never been the type to leave her assignments incomplete until the last minute, but things were different this time around.

"Aren't you the type to finish those things a week early?" He asked, leaning against the lockers as he waited for her to gather her things. 

"I had a thing and I couldn't." She replied, closing the door to her locker, "I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

"You're okay, though, right?" He asked just as she was about to bid him goodbye. She turned around at the question, facing him and giving him a smile while nodding her head. It was her way letting him know that she was alright after the lunchroom incident the other day. Jongin casted her a knowing expression but let it go for the moment.

"I told you earlier, I'm fine! Don't you worry your pretty little head, Kim Jongin. I have to go, but I'll give you back your jacket tomorrow. It will be cleaned and like brand new! We'll hang out this weekend! Promise!" She said rather quickly, waving her hand at him as she saw some of his friends approaching them. After quickly greeting them, she turned around and placed her backpack on her back, walking in the opposite direction towards the school's exit. She knew the kids were still talking about what had happened, but she just walked past them, trying her best to ignore them.

As she walked out of the building, she pulled out her phone and looked through her contacts until she found the number she was looking for.

"Hello?" A female voice answered after a few rings.

"Mom, I might be a little late coming home today. I have to stop by the library and finish up some work." Seohee said.

"That's fine, your father's stressed and is not in too much of a good mood right now, so it's better that you stay out for a bit. He'll be fine by dinner, so make sure you're home by then. Okay?" Seohee sighed as her mother mentioned her father.

"Yeah, I'll be home soon." She said as she hung up the phone and placed it inside her pocket. 

The Song family was going through a tough time as of late, with some of her father's business projects falling through. And since the stress was taking a toll on her father, he had been lashing out at almost every little thing lately. It was one of the reasons she couldn't concentrate on her schoolwork at home anymore. It was hard to focus when all she seemed to ever hear were frustrated voices screaming at one another. Trying to push the thought of her father's bad mood out of her head, she began to make her way toward the library that was close to her old house.

Her classmates surely wouldn't be there; she didn't want to have to deal with anymore whispering and stares.

*******

"You think this one or that other one I showed you before is better?" Luhan asked, holding up another book for Sehun to look at.

"Whichever one will get us home faster. I'm tired." Sehun answered as he stretched out his arms above him and yawned.

"You're always tired, aren't you?" Luhan laughed as he watched his friend take a seat for himself on the ground and lean back against the shelf. Sehun shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms, trying to get more comfortable.

He knew Luhan, and when Luhan wanted to get another auto repair book, he knew that they were going to be here for a while.

"Just so you know, if you fall asleep here, I'm seriously not waking you up. You're on your own." His friend laughed as he grabbed another book off the shelf.

"Whatever. I have the key and you don't, so unless you want to be locked out, you're going to have to." Sehun replied as he closed his eyes.

"You idiot, you lost your keys this morning. I have them, remember?"

"I took them from your backpack earlier cause I knew you'd stay here all night if you had the chance. Now go look at your little books and let me sleep." Sehun stated as his friend laughed once again. Luhan walked over and hit him over the head with his book before making his way over to the next aisle of books.

Leaning his head back a little further, he finally found a comfortable resting position and relaxed into it. One of things he liked about his library was that it was always rather quiet compared to other places around his and Luhan's apartment. Not many people from their side of town visited the library. To them, there was never really a need to. He, himself, was not the type to just sit down and read books; he just accompanied Luhan whenever he wanted to pick up a new book about cars since he wanted to work as a car mechanic. The kids around here probably thought of this place as useless.

Just as his mind s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter