3회

Listen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taking a quick glance to her side, Seohee was surprised to see the usually calm and collected class president still looking quite upset at what had just happened outside the school. She had known him for years and she had never seen him looking so visibly bothered by anything, let alone another student. Granted, no one had ever really spoken back to the almighty Kim Jongin before, but she still found it weird seeing him like this.

"Are you sure you're okay? You still look mad." Seohee stated as the two approached her locker.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just think it's stupid that we're somehow expected to breathe the same air as those street rats. I mean, how do they expect us to come to school and interact with them like everything's fine? All they're going to do is ruin Choeseon's name." He said as he leaned against the adjacent locker, letting out a sigh.

"Street rats? Why would you call them that? Maybe they're just trying to get through school like the rest of us here." Seohee replied, placing some of her books into her locker and replacing them with ones she needed for the day. As she closed her locker door and turned around, she was met by Jongin's face about a foot away from her own.

"That's your problem, you're too nice for your own good." He stated.

"Look, all I'm saying is, if they bother you so much, can't you just ignore them? For some reason, I'd always thought the great and powerful Kim Jongin was capable of anything. I guess I was wrong. " She answered in a teasing tone, shrugging her shoulders and beginning to walk away.

"Hey! Song Seohee! What did you just say?!' He shouted amusingly as he sprinted to catch up with her.

*******

"Hey, what did you guys bring for lunch? I think I left mine on the couch..." Chanyeol grumbled as he rummaged through his backpack, looking for a quick snack before the first classes of the day began. Baekhyun just looked at him and shook his head; Park Chanyeol never changes.

"Nothing that I'd want to share with you." Sehun shrugged as he sat down on the bench, stretching his legs out in front of him.

"Dude, that's mean. I never knew you were so heartless." Chanyeol said, looking at his longtime friend in disbelief. His held onto his stomach to stop it from growling.

"Dude," Luhan copied Chanyeol's tone, "you eat like a pig. Nobody would ever want to share with you."

"Okay, now you guys hurt my feelings. Just you wait, I'm goi--" He was cut off by the sound of the morning bell, signaling that it was time for the school day to begin. His friends laughed at his expression after having been interrupted before taking out their schedules. After quickly comparing their classes and figuring out where to go, the group of friends separated, making a plan to meet up at the same place for lunch.

"You ready for a long day?" Luhan asked as he and Sehun walked towards their classroom, fully aware of the whispers and stares of students around them.

"No. But do we really have a choice?" He replied flatly. 

Sehun was never the type to exceed academically, but he was always a decent student, at least by his old school's standards. School was just never at the top of his list. Rather, it was just a place he had to go. Now that he was at Choeseon of all places, he felt strange walking amongst kids who thought of their grades as everything in life. Making perfect grades and getting into the top universities were their parents' expectations of them. Did they ever even think for themselves?

"Here it is." Luhan announced as the two friends stopped in front of the door.

"Yeah, let's just get this whole thing over with." Sehun said as he pushed opened the door and walked in. The students inside all turned and looked at them immediately. He could hear what they were saying about them, despite them thinking he couldn't. And to think, these kids were considered top students.

Spotting some empty desks at the back, he looked over to Luhan and motioned his head towards the seats. When his friend shrugged and nodded his head in response, the two headed over and took a seat, with Luhan sending glares to the students who were still staring at them.

Were they really going to keep this up all day?

"Don't sit back there today, Seohee. There's something dirty back there. We don't want you getting sick." Sehun heard one kid state as a young female student headed towards where they had been sitting. The male student then looked at Sehun with disgust, who tilted his head and sneered in return. 

"Why? My seat is back there." Seohee replied, innocently dismissing the student's remark. As she made her way over to her seat, she saw who she had guessed were the boys people had been whispering about all day. The one with short hair and long bangs was looking at something on his uniform while the one with the backwards hat was staring out the window, his hands still in his pockets. Upon first glance, she didn't really get why people were saying such bad things about them.

They just looked like regular high school boys to her.

She sent them a small smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter