1회

Listen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It wasn't the news that bothered him, but rather, the way their principal had chosen to tell them. It was as if the closing of this school didn't mean anything to him at all; like it was simply trash, ready to be thrown away. He made it seem as if the students who went here were just pieces of garbage he was throwing away on the street corner, leaving them behind and not caring what happens. 

"The city said there just aren't enough funds to keep this little old school up and running anymore. But, good news, they're willing to transfer the students to other schools around the area, free of charge to you and your families. You just need to keep in mind that transportation and whatever else you need is all on you. I'm really sorry about all of this, I know you guys liked this school just as much as I did. It's a shame to have it all break apart like this."

Sehun scoffed, seeing right through his principal. If it wasn't for the school board official behind him, the guy would've laughed straight in their faces.

"So? Why are we here then? We heard about this last week." Luhan said as he took a seat on top of Mr. Kwon's desk, as if challenging him.

"You six are the only ones who haven't signed the forms to be transferred." He said. The six boys were able to detect the annoyance in his voice and decided they should have a little fun with it. After all, what could he do now? He'd only be their principal for another week at most.

"And what happens if we don't want to transfer somewhere else? Can't we just go where you're going, sir? I don't think I can get through a day of school without you. Which school are you transferring to?" Baekhyun asked, knowing fully well that Mr. Kwon wasn't going to keep being a part of the school system, let alone run one. Instead, he was planning on having the school board offer him money to take on another job and when they'd finally offer just the right amount, he'd be taking it and disappearing. Of course, however, if the school board somehow hears about this little plan, they wouldn't offer him anything at all.

The man should really learn to talk on the phone more quietly on his phone.

Especially on his unauthorized smoke breaks.

"Oh, that... I--I haven't d-decided yet." The older man replied nervously.

"Sir, aren't transfers next week? We have to know! We're going to go with you!" Chanyeol exclaimed loudly. Sehun laughed as he saw the man slowly start to lose his composure. He knew that the boys knew of his plans. It was just too bad he had a guest in the room.

Guess he wouldn't be pulling out the meter stick on them this time.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon, please let the board know of your decision as soon as possible. I have to get to another meeting in a few minutes, but I'll leave these forms with you. I thank you for your time and I hope to hear of your decision very soon." The man said as he handed over a folder before bowing and exiting the room.

"I will. Thank you for coming. I'll be in touch with you and the board very soon." Mr. Kwon politely replied. Just as the man closed the door, he turned his head and glared at the six boys in the room. The smirks on their faces angered him, especially that of the kid standing with his hands in his pocket, leaning against the wall beside him. 

"Oh Sehun! Get those dirty little hands of yours out of your pockets right now, you brat!" He yelled, finally having the chance to release his anger.

"Yes sir!" Sehun replied amusingly as he bowed in apology.

"Please don't punish us, sir. We're good kids." Jongdae said from Sehun's side, trying not to laugh.

Immediately, all six boys lined up and stood up straight with their hands behind their backs. Yixing mockingly put up his two hands, as if ready to be hit.

Knowing that he couldn't do much since as the boys knew his secret, he paced back and forth, angrily swatting at the objects in the office, knowing he couldn't lay a finger on the boys. Luhan stepped on Chanyeol's foot repeatedly in an attempt to keep his friend from laughing out loud.

"I'll tell you what; if you punks keep your mouths closed until this is all over, I'll pay for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter