eight

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyou’d been fidgeting her fingers while staring at her watch then to the door at the café she’s in. The café was almost empty. It was too late for people to pick up their morning coffee and too early for afternoon coffee break. She took a sip of her drink then stood up when she saw familiar figure entering the café. The guy waved at her before walked up to her table.

“Hyunwoo.” She said with a little smile on her face.

He didn’t change much, still with broad shoulders of his and tiny little eyes that disappear whenever he smiles. She offered him the seat in front of her.

“I just arrived in Seoul an hour ago, can I at least get something to drink first?” he joked.

Soyou laughed as he went to order his drink.

“So how are you?” he asked when he’s back with a cup of ice coffee in his hand.

“I can’t say I’m fine, but… not bad. It’s been a while, isn’t it?” Soyou took a sip of her drink.

“You never came back after the graduation party.” He said.

She nodded.

“Still drinking chai latte?” he asked, peeking up at her drink.

“Hyorin always get me this every morning.”

Hyunwoo smiled, “So what happen to you?”

“I had a major brain surgery years ago and I lost some of my memories, specifically the memory after the graduation party. Do you know anything that can help me, maybe?” Soyou bitted her lower lips.

Hyunwoo folded his arms in front of his chest, thinking.

“What do you remember about our relationship?” he suddenly asked.

There’s a second of silent before Soyou answered, “We only last three months, didn’t we? But I don’t remember why we broke up.”

“Ouch…” he placed his hands on his chest, pretend it was hurt.

Soyou laughed, “Oh come on. I had a brain surgery.”

“We lasted longer than that, by the way. You really don’t remember any of our moments?” he sipped his coffee.

“I remember you were the captain of basketball team and how your fan-girls were trying to bash on me when I became your girlfriend. Then we have a big fight before me and the gang headed to Daegu, I thought that’s when we broke up. I guess it wasn’t.” Soyou tried hard to remember all of her scattered memories.

Hyunwoo let out his awkward laugh, “I bet you don’t remember what our fight was about.”

Soyou shook her head.

“You suffered on a deep depression, that was what you were saying. And I didn’t believe you, because come on… who would’ve believe a girl like you had a depression? I thought it’s just because you think too much. But when you left for real, I knew something was wrong.” He paused to sips his drink.

A frown formed on Soyou’s face, “I had a depression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter