seven

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now since he had a company in his apartment, waking up in the morning always been his favorite thing. Then the stacks of his clean folded laundry on his bed every afternoon were his second favorite things. And his apartment was never been this clean.

“You really have nothing to do, aren’t you?” he asked her this morning.

She looked up from her cooking, “Why?”

“I never thought my apartment would be this clean. But good job.” He patted her head.

“Shut up! You’re lucky I didn’t ask you to pay me.”

“Of course you won’t, you need me to help you. Remember?” he smirked.

Yoongi took a piece of her French toast from the pan.

“Oh yeas, about that!” she snapped.

“I asked Taetae to spying on your friends. They came to the café a lot.”

“Taetae?” she frowned.

“The one with boxy smile. He’s in charge for cleaning the table, so it’s easy for him to hear what the customer is talking about.”

She nodded, plating her French toast then sat on the pantry.

“We have dinning table you know.” Yoongi pointed at the dinning table.

Soyou shook her head while stuffing with the French toast, “I like it here.”

Yoongi chuckled.

“I’m going! See you later.” He patted her head before rushing through the door.

Soyou ate the rest of her French toast all smiley and blushing to her ears.

 

Hyorin sat in her office looking at an empty park across her building. She’d been trying to contact her best friend but she got nothing. She hadn’t heard anything from Soyou. She’s afraid, what if Soyou finally knows the truth? It’s not that she didn’t want Soyou to know the truth, but she’s scared if Soyou would hate her for not telling the truth.

That day Hyorin got a call form Soyou’s mom, saying that her daughter finally home. The long lost Soyou finally home for almost two years being MIA. Without second thought she drove to Soyou’s place only to find her best friend was bone skinny with dark circle as dark as her eyes. She didn’t look happy, hell… she didn’t even look alive.

“I’m sick, Hyo.” That was her first word to Hyorin after a long time.

Hyorin hugged her and cried. She never imagined Soyou could look that vulnerable.

“Where have you been?” Hyorin finally said after a long pour of tears.

Soyou smiled before answering, “I just find my happiness.”

That was Soyou’s last words before her hospital life begun. She spent all her days in the hospital for several months before the doctor did the surgery. She was a living mess. She wouldn’t eat, she couldn’t sleep, she kept on looking at the photo on her phone until one day her mom took it and threw it away. Soyou used all her energy to scream at her mother before collapsing on the floor. When she finally woke up for her coma after the surgery, everyone was in shock. The cheery Soyou was back and the good news was she couldn’t remember that worst part of her life. Her mother was so happy and decided to keep her daughter MIA as a secret.

“Should we just tell her?” Hyorin looked at Key.

“What? Who? I’m sorry, I don’t understand.” He looked up form his computer.

“Soyou’s runaway story.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter