four

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heegun watched his mother roaming around the living room. She didn’t look pleased. The married man sat on the huge couch, waiting his mother to snap him any second, like a child.

“Why?! Why would you let your sister go on her own?” she finally spoke.

Heegun sighed, “She needs some time on her own, Mom. Don’t you think so?”

His mother shook her head, “She’s not strong enough on her own, not yet.”

“She is. Five years is along time to recover, she can handle her self.” He said.

His mother sat next to him, “She’d fainted more often these past two years. She tried too hard remembering her past.” She whispered.

“Then don’t you think it’s the time to tell her the truth?” Heegun said earning a glare from his mother.

“Tell me how can we explain that kind of tragedy to her? How, son? How? She’ll bury her self in a deep sorrow again. I can’t see her like that.”

Heegun looked at his mother. This was her idea to keep it as a secret about every detail on his sister past. Soyou was a mess before the surgery and her mother considered it was a good thing that his sister couldn’t remember that part of her life. His mother was so happy to finally see her daughter can smile like there’s nothing wrong. But a couple years ago, Soyou started to dig on her past. She sneaked around the house trying to find her old phone, her old album photo, Heegun knew that her sister finally felt if something is not right. He tried to stop her but whom is he kidding? No one can stop Soyou. No one.

“It’s best for us to just stay quite.” Jihyo said, placing a hand on her husband shoulder.

Heegun looked at his wife then sighed, “But I can’t see her like that. She needs to know the truth.”

“Her brain will remember everything when she’s ready. Just give her a time.” She said.

“But don’t you think five years is already a long enough time?” he took his wife’s hand and cup it with both of his hands.

Jihyo smiled, “Just give her sometimes. You know she’s not on a vacation, don’t you?”

Heegun nodded, “She left the airport as soon as she couldn’t see my car. I don’t know where she’s going.”

“Let her, she’s a grown woman. She knows how to handle her life.” Jihyo gave her husband a peck on the cheek.

Heegun just hoped everything would be fine, that his sister will be fine out there.

 

“Don’t you think you’re being too mean? I passed out and you just let me laid there unconscious for twelve hour? How could you?”

Soyou’s been following Yoongi since this morning all around the apartment. She found herself waking up in the same position as yesterday, on the floor… with her feet intertwined on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter