Chapter 6

The Dream Hunter

If I could not create surprises, how could I make Donghae happy?

The next day, I volunteered to pack lunch for Donghae as my gratitude to him for the strawberry milk last night. This question had been flashing in my mind when I was queueing up at the school cafeteria.

However, I am defeated by the failures that I experienced and my mind was in total blank, thus I had no idea at all.

I bought Donghae's favourite minestrone soup and chicken katsu rice. I was bringing our lunch to our classroom as Donghae did not like to be in crowded places.

At the turn of the stairs, tragedy struck.....

Due my absent mindedness, it was too late when I realized what had happened. The lunch in my hands were on the girl who was coming from opposite direction.

She did not expect such thing to happen as she stared hard at the red patch on her white blouse. She was so shocked that could only murmured," My uniform...."

She had silky straight hair and pretty features. She looked like a model emerging from the fashion magazine. There was an aura of elegance from her.

Somehow I found her slightly familiar.

"I am so sorry." I quickly fished out some tissue paper from my pocket,  wanting to help her clean off the stain.

She retreated and rejected," Forget it, don't bother."

My mind was set on cleaning off the mess while my clumsiness hit me. I felt my fingers touching some soft things and a loud shriek sounded behind me," Yah! What are you doing?"

"Huh?" I was shocked and I saw I am surrounded by a lot of students.

"You... You. .." The girl crossed her arms in front of her and her cheeks turned red.

I think I knew what I had touched earlier on....

"I am sorry. It was unintentional...." Oh god, are you prank in me? I was just packing some lunch and did you have to let me run into troubles?

"Isn't that Jessica, the belle of the school?"

"Who is that idiot? How dare he molest our Princess!"

......

She was Jessica?

I looked at the students and at the girl in front of me. No wonder I found her slightly familiar. I saw Jessica the other day but due to the distance, I did not see her face clearly.  Now that Jessica was right in front of me, I found her to be so beautiful.

So did Jessica read the letter?

"What happen? "

"What is going on there?"

2 different voices sounded simultaneously .

I looked up and saw Donghae walking down the stairs abd he was frowning. His handsome face was enhanced by the sunlight and his amber iris were so mesmerizing.

There was commotion in the crowd and I think someone screamed.

"Wow, it's Donghae...."

"And the President of Student Council Siwon is here too. I can't believe my luck that I saw the 2 most handsome students at the same time. It must be the luckiest day in my life!"

"Plus the belle of the school! What a pretty sight!"

......

Siwon appeared? The legendary President of the Student Council who was rumoured to be on par with Donghae for his looks? Where was he?

"Donghaeeeee."

The whiny high pitched voice was definitely not mine. I looked at Jessica and saw her fuming expression changed into a sweet smile.

At this time, Donghae was in front of us and he turned his head towards Jessica.

Seeing her state, Donghae glared at me. He took out his handkerchief and passed to Jessica. " Take this. Has this brat gotten into trouble again?"

"You know him?" Jessica's face darkened and she looked at me with a vicious glare.

I think her sudden strong reaction could be attributed that she liked Donghae. 

So... did she read the letter? I was anxious to find out.

"Oh this brat is Eunhyuk and he is in the same class as me. He does not have any ability except being a trouble maker or rather is the trouble himself. Please excuse him for this."

Yah! Donghae did not have to belittle me in front of someone that he liked right? Meanie! I screamed in my head.

Jessica's scary glare changed as fast as the climate and she gave a smile while nodding her head. She took the handkerchief from Donghae," Hmm thank you." Jessica's glare was still sharp.

"Oh, it's you." Another familiar voice came to my ear.

I looked and realized that there was a tall and muscular boy standing next to Jessica. He was holding a white lunch box with cartoon on it. That seemed familiar to me too.

Light coffee brown hair, dimpled face and crescent eyes when he smiled. ....

He he he.... he was the boy that I saw at the notice board that day. Was he here to expose my actions?

Oh Nooooo!

"Oh you are Eunhyuk. I am Siwon." The boy came to me with his right hand stretched out.

I did not expect him to be the legendary Siwon. Although there was a handsome guy in front of me, I had no mood to ogle at him because I could feel my heart jumped out from my mouth. He would not expose me in front of so many people right?

"That day at the noticeboard...."

Arrgghhhh!  He said and I closed my eyes in fear. I bet that Donghae would chase me out of his house with a broom.

".... to drop a letter?"

Oh .

He must have discovered that I impersonated as Donghae in drafting that confession letter.....

I opened my eyes nervously, looking at Donghae and at Jessica. "No... I did not." I shook my head.

"Opps, sorry. I did not realize that I said this in front of so many people. You must be embarassed? Sorry." Siwon let out a sheepish smile but he subtly winked at me.

He he he..   what did he mean by that action?

Jessica who was cleaning up the stains heard everything and came close.

Jessica looked at me and seemed amused. " President, is he the one who write the love letters to you daily?"

What! I did not write any love letter to him.

I quickly in," No no I did not!"

Didn't he saw me dropping the letter to Jessica? How did it turned out to be me sending love letters to him?

"Sshhh...." Siwon lifted his index finger and placed on his lips. He looked at me before exchanging looks with Jessica. He shook his head slightly.

I got to admit that Siwon's action was smitten except that I was wrongly being accused of something that I did not do. But what did he meant by winking at me and giving me a interested smile?

"What did you drop?" Even Donghae was curious and came near to us. He had this 'did you do some stupid things again' look.

"No, I swear I did not..." I denied.

From what Siwon sounded, he did not discover the forged confession letter that I wrote. Keke... I am safe. So I could not care if he said that I sent him letters. I grinned and showed my gummy smiles.

"Are you sure?" Donghae did not seem to buy my story. He looked at the smiley Siwon and at me, there was doubt and unhappiness in his eyes.

Yah! What were you unhappy about? Earlier on you embarassed me in front of Jessica and I did not get mad at you!

"No." I glared at Donghae. I was satisfied with his surprised looks.

I had my pride and temper too!

"It's a misunderstanding and let's go for lunch together okay?" Jessica clapped her hands softly while she slipped her arms around Donghae's and my arm. Although Donghae pried off her arm, Jessica did not mind a bit and was in smiles.

Not only was I confused at the sudden twist of event, the crowd of students were confused as well.

Jessica's moods really changed fast. One moment she was so guarded against me as if I would snatch her treasure away while the next moment, she was so super duper friendly with me.

And her actions changed after Siwon said the funny weird thing.

                            *************************

Donghae's birthday happened to fall on a Friday. He was fidgeting and nervous since early morning.

I woke up and without brushing my teeth, I ran to Donghae's room and chirped loudly," Happy Birthday to you Donghae!"

Donghae was spaced out while sitting on his bed. His messy hair covered his eyes and he reacted after a minute or so. " Oh, er thank you Eunhyuk."

Seeing Donghae's expression, I was excited," Is your Appa.... coming today?"

"I do not know....." Donghae stretched himself and got off his bed.  He pushed me out," Go and wash up or we will be late for school."

Till the school ended, Donghae's Appa did not appear and there was not even a call from him.

I could not help but suspected that Donghae's Appa had forgotten about his birthday; or just like what Donghae was blaming himself, his Appa could not forgive him for the cause of his Umma's death. So he did not want to see Donghae.....

When the bell rang at the end of the day, Donghae was depressed. I secretly looked at Donghae and my heart ached for him.

 I saw a disappointed Donghae and I started scribbling in my notebook. 

'Today is Donghae's birthday and let's give him a surprise! Those who are free tonight please turn up for his birthday party and keep this a secret. Donghae's address is....'

After finished scribbling, I torn the page and passed to my neighbouring classmate, the classmate then passed it onto the next one... very soon, the piece of paper came back to me.

I raised my head and saw Ryeowook smiling at me and gave me a thumb up.

When school was coming to an end, I think for a while before I opened my mobile phone, searching for Jessica's numbers. After the incident that day, Jessica exchanged her numbers with me. She even said that I could call for to arrange for time to hang out together. I didn't know that the gathering would come this fast.

I think that in this kind of situation, Jessica alone would beat all of us.  I wondered why I felt upset about this.

'Today is Donghae's birthday and the whole class will be throwing a surprise party for him at his house tonight. Are you free to attend? The address is.....'

After sending out the message, I received the reply from Jessica in a few seconds. 'Okay thank dear. ' and she even inserted a kissy face. When I slided my mobile phone into my pocket, the bell rang and Donghae stood up from his seat like a zombie.

The class was quiet except for a few who had something on, the rest were staring at Donghae. I was afraid that before we could do anything, Donghae would see through us. Luckily, Donghae did not pay much attention to them.

I quickly stuffed my things into my bag and dragged Donghae out.

Before we stepped out of the classroom, I turned around and made a victory sign while mouthing," Be punctual tonight" silently. 

On the way back, the car passed by a bakery shop and I asked the chauffeur to stop at the bakery shop. "Wait a while." I said to Donghae before I alighted.

2 days ago, I had Ryeowook ordered a delicious strawberry cake. It was not a big cake since I did not plan on having a birthday party. All this was small issue as the fridge at home was alway fully stocked up with food plus the ahjumas were around to cook for us. I was not worry about the impromptu party.

I held the cake and skipped back to the car. I pushed the box to Donghae and chirped, " I bought your favourite strawberry cake and let's go home to celebrate your birthday "

"Are you sure this is not your favourite? " I wondered if it was due to the nap that Donghae took in classes because he looked so energetic. He raised his eye brows at me and I saw the teasing expression in his amber iris.

"Haha it's our favourite." I faked a smile because I had been seen through by Donghae. Why did he say that I was buying it for myself when Donghae also loved strawberry.

"Actually, it's Umma's favourite and so I like it...." Donghae held the cake and spaced out," The day when you came to my house and ate the strawberry pie, you resembled her..."

Oh was it the reason that Donghae looked at me with a weird expressions? Was it also this reason that he allowed me to stay in the house? I was silent. So I had to thank Donghae's umma whereby Donghae allowed a stranger to stay with him.

Once I reached home, I rang the ahjumas and squealed, " Ahjuma can you all prepare a lot of refreshment, drinks, dessert and...."

"Yah! Are you sure that we can finish all those food?" Donghae interrupted me after he had changed into home clothings.

Don't worry,  the piranhas oops I meant guests would be here shortly. 

"Don't worry. It should be noisy for the celebration. We can keep the unfinished food aside! " I waved at Donghae and continued speaking to ahjuma. "Ahjuma please prepare a lot and just like we are having a big party."

When the servants carried the trays of food over, it was 6pm and the door bell sounded.

Donghae hardly had anyone visiting and so everyone was shocked when the bell rang.

Seeing that the servant was about to answer the door, I quickly pushed the stunned Donghae. " Wait, let the birthday boy answer the door!" I was already dragging him towards the door.

 Although Donghae did not have any expression on his face, I knew that he was nervous because his hand was shaking  keke.

The sound of the opening of the door as loud and the next moment, a bunch of people peeped their heads from the doorway. They grinned and passed their gifts into Donghae's arms and shouted," Happy Birthday to you Donghae!"

Donghae was literally frozen in his spot and he moved his head stiffly to look at the colorfully wrapped gifts in his hands. I saw Donghae giving a forced smile but the disappointment in his eyes could not escape me.

Was he expecting his Appa outside the door earlier on? So it was the real cause of his nervousness?

Donghae quickly composed himself and the next minute, he was back to his normal self. He held all the gifts and allowed our classmates in," Thank you. Help yourself yo the food inside...."

"Yeah!" A loud cheer was heard and the piranhas rushed into the living room.

Donghae passed his gifts to his Butler,  Leteuk, and glared at ne sharply before he walked away. I gasped as Donghae had that 'I will deal with you later' glare at me earlier before he walked off.

On and off, there were classmates coming in late. Soon the living room was noisy with chattering.  The girls were gossiping about how posh Donghae's house was while the guys were trying to get their hands in the gaming system in the living room.  The ahjumas started to get busy too.

Ryeowook and Sungmin hijacked me to the front porch which was the quietest place in the house. The skies were getting dark but the gleam in their eyes were frightening  till I stammered, " What... what did you two want from me?"

"Eunhyuk, tell us the truth. Are you living with Donghae?" The two of them trapped me between them and the wall while flashing their evil smiles. 

"How did you know?" I am certain that I hide my stuffs before the classmates came over and there shouldn't be anything to exposed me.

"All of us are wearing the ordinary disposable slippers while yours are different. Plus, your slipper size fits your feet. Number 2, I saw the novels underneath the coffee table which I doubt belong to Donghae and Sungmin told me that he saw you secretly reading those novel in classes. If you are still not convinced, I think I just sneaked to the laundry roon and to my horror, I saw your school uniform hanging next to Donghae's....." Ryeowook definitely deserved to be crowned the Queen of gossip and no wonder he was in the Public Relation department.

Aishi, I missed out those minor details.

"Okay I admit that I lived here but you can't tell anyone about this else I think I would be vexed to death by Donghae's fans...." I clasped my hands together and begged them.

"Sure!"

Ryeowook was the best since he was my desk mate. 

"But..."

Huh?

"In exchange, you must help us get some autographed photos of Donghae." Sungmin smirked at me and he was gaining the upper hand.

What! To think I thought that they were my best friends. If it was just Donghae's signature, it was still easy but how on earth could I get his photographs? I been staying here for sometime and the only photograph that I seen was the one on his mobile phone.....

"Well, are you going to agree or not? The whole class is here..."

"You are living together with Donghae?" A female voice startled us and we jumped. 

I turned around and saw Jessica. She was no longer in school uniform but was dressed in a pretty Princess dress and she was holding a gift box in her hand. She was eyeing me close and I felt that look was too familiar.

"Just what is your relationship with Donghae? Why are you staying here with him?"

 "Er I. ..." I was lost for words  on my god! Why did I alway had to be confronted with this kind of situation?

"Oh Jessica,  please don't be mistaken.... he is a distant relative of Donghae." Sungmin blabbered his big mouth and even gave me a hard slap on my shoulder. 

Jessica's expression softened and smiled," Oh I see. Let's go in and I wanted to wish Donghae a happy birthday!"

With that, Jessica hooked at my arm and dragged me inside. Her mood swings changed in a flash and it was scary.... I looked at Sungmin and Ryeowook but they gave me an innocent smile and waved away.

When we came inside,  I saw Donghae sitting by the French window with a plate of fruits on his lap. He seemed to be out of the picture of the noisy group.

Donghae did not realize that he was the centre of attraction although he was away from the crowd. He seemed like a lonely Prince at this moment.

However, I was not able to admire the scene for long as Jessica's appearance created a commotion.

I unhooked Jessica's arm and pointed Donghae to her," Donghae is there and you go and talk to him. He will be very happy to see you."

I went to join a nearby group of classmate for chat.  I did not follow with their conversation as my gaze was fixed on the two of them.

Jessica walked to Donghae and passed her gift to him. Thereafter, Jessica sat next to Donghae abd they starting chatting. Donghae seemed to be relax. See the whole bunch of us could not match Jessica.

I sighed and felt uneasy in my heart.

I cut a big slice of strawberry cake for myself because at this moment, I needed something sweet to nurse my poor heart....

When I look at them again,  I sense tension between them and were they quarrelling? I was hesitating if I should go over to ease the tension when Donghae looked up and shot me a deadly glare. Thereafter, he stormed away.

Eh? Why did Donghae glared at me?  What happened?