Chapter 4

The Dream Hunter

I underestimated myself to be able to make Donghae smile.

After making funny faces, telling jokes which made me being 'invited' outside of the classroom, I even tried to tickle Donghae but the result was that he reacted out of his reflexes causing me to spot a lump on my forehead.

The worst thing happened during the first weekend of the school whereby the truth of me not knowing anything about cooking and cleaning came to light.

Although Donghae disliked staying with another person, he must have considered my health and so he did not ask me to do any chores for the first few days.

Everyday, dinner would be ready when we reached home and the fridge would always be fully stocked up with fresh strawberries. Whenever Donghae was in the mood, he would make his famous strawberries pie as the dessert for our dinner. 

I was leading such a carefree life that I forgotten my promise when I asked to stay with Donghae.

On the Saturday morning, I woke up after a good night sleep and was about to enjoy my breakfast in the kitchen when I found nothing. I was so disappointed.

"How come there is no breakfast?" I scratched my head. I went round the dining table once and also in the kitchen once before I became sulky.

"Today is weekend and it will be a good chance for you to show off your culinary skills." Donghae's voice came from behind.

When I turned around, I saw Donghae holding on a thick English book. He was in the causal attire and wearing the house slippers.

I believed that Donghae woke up not long ago as his hair was messy and pointing in all directions. The early sunlight shone on him and casted a light coat of gold on him.

Maybe Donghae was still not fully awake as he seemed less cold and more gentle. The dark eye rings on him made him looked like a cute panda.

I was still ogling on the delicious sight till I blurted out unknowingly," I do not know how to cook...."

Donghae raised his eye brows and he did not seem too surprised," So it was a lie when you promised me that you will clean up the house?"

"Er...."

Oh ! I was busy looking at Donghae that I exposed myself. What should I do now? Denying all the way? Or confessing right away? Would I be chased out of here?

"Er Donghae, I do not mean to lie to you...."

"I know. You just want to stay here." Donghae sighed and he stretched his hand hesitatedly on top on my head.

"So you are not mad at me?"

"Why should I be mad at you? Even if you do not use this excuse, you will find some other excuses to stay right? But this lie is.... So lousy." Donghae released his hand and walked out of the kitchen. " Don't think of anything stupid. Come along. I will get someone to send breakfast over."

It was settled just like this?

"Are you planning to chase me out after I have taken breakfast?" I bet it was this way.

"So you want me to chase you out?"

Donghae turned his head at me while he fished out a handphone from his pocket and dialled," Please send two breakfast over." While talking on the phone, Donghae had put down his book and sat on the couch.

Did I read too much into this?

I wondered what did the other party responded when Donghae suddenly looked at me before he added," Send a strawberry pie over and milk tea."

Did Donghae make that special order for me? He did not have the intention to chase me out but specially ordered my favourite strawberry pie.... Oohh I am so touched.

The breakfast came in a short while. Donghae and me were eating silently on the dining table while the television was showing some news.

Because of what happened earlier, the atmosphere was tense. I ate and spied at Donghae's movements, trying to find some topic to start a conversation so as to lighten the mood.

Suddenly, Donghae halted his action and he was paying attention to the television.

"....... The King of the hallyu wave Super Junior set off to Europe to shoot their MV. It was a huge cost production and they aimed to present a new concept of extravagance....."

Super Junior? Sounded familiar....

I took a look at the television and saw a few guys appearing, and i was stunned.

I looked at the television and again on the gigantic posters in the living room. Those Super Junior guys were the same guys on the posters. They appeared less shy and boyish but more matured which i am sure that they were the same guys.

"Are you their fan boy?" I asked Donghae. I assumed that Donghae would not be crazy over idols.

Donghae put his cutlery down and looked seriously at the television. His amber iris had a flicker of lights and his gaze was on the television but at an unknow part.

I thought that Donghae was spacing out and I was thinking whether to pose another question while Donghae spoke suddenly," You can say so because they are the last idol group that my umma managed before she passed away."

" My aunt's friend knew Donghae's umma. Heard that she was a famous Manager and the famous Super Junior was managed by her......."

Sungmin's words echoed in my mind. No wonder I found Super Junior to be so familiar.

"You like them?"

That sudden moment, Donghae expression was so dreamy.

"Hmm, they are the most loving hyungs that I had met. While umma was still alive, she mentioned repeatedly that they will becomes famous one day. If umma knew of their success now, she will be very happy." While speaking of Super Junior, Donghae's eyes were shining but soon they disappeared.

I think Donghae remembered his nightmare.

I heard from Ryeowook that Donghae would attend every single concert of Super Junior. Maybe I should give Donghae a surprise this year and hoped that his mood would be better.

Once I made up my mind, I jumped off my chair," I have finished."

Donghae seemed to be startled by my actions and he returned his gaze at me. His iris shone in the sunlights while looking at ne.

I did not know why I felt guilty when he looked at me like this. " I just recall that I needed to do some research and can I borrow your computer?"

"Okay." Donghae nodded.

The news about Super Junior was over on the television and Donghae resumed to eating his food silently.

It was so easy to research on Super Junior because they were so so famous. The fan counts on their official fan club had exceeded millions. Almost every new release of their albums would clinch the top spot on all billboard and charts. But the sale of Super Junior concert for this year had not yet commenced.

I was a little disappointed and was browsing through the fan club when a news headline popped in my view.

30 August? Wasn't it next Friday?

Ho ho, that it!

The weekend passed by in a flash and soon it was Monday. 

While I was coming out of the washroom, I saw a group of girls congregating outside my classroom and they were excitedly chatting among themselves.

"Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk...." In the crowd, I saw my seat mate, Ryeowook, waving excitedly to me.

"What?"

What had happened to make them so excited?

The day that Sungmin saw me alighting from Donghae's car, I made them to keep it a secret. Sungmin and Ryeowook had recruited me into their cliche. Whenever something fun or new, they would  include me in.

" Faster! Look! Do you know that girl who is with Donghae?" Ryeowook grabbed my arm while he waved his fingers up and down. 

Following his fingers, I saw the garden downstairs and next to the pine tree stood Donghae. There was a tall slim girl with long hair next to him....

Eh. Strange? It was the first time that I saw Donghae with a girl.

"Who is she? Is she famous?"

"Oh my god Eunhyuk! You have been here for some time and don't tell me that you do not know who Jessica is?" Sungmin looked at me as if I am an alien.

Huh.... Was that Jessica so famous?

I could not help but to take another look at them. I did not know why but Jessica was pushing Donghae lightly. Donghae looked at her quietly. He even held onto Jessica when she slipped a bit. Although Donghae did not have much expression, he looked quite comfortable with her.

Jessica knew Donghae?

Ryeowook coughed and started to talk in his high pitched voice," Jessica is the only daughter of the principal of this school and at the same time, she is in the Student council, Arts department representative. She is a gifted child and achieved grade 10 for piano at the age of 10. She is fluent in 7 languages and received numerous awards internationally for her piano performance. She is the role model of almost all the students here."

I almost forgot to mention that Ryeowook was also in the Student council and he was the Public Relation representative. No wonder that he always had the first hand news fast and was so gossipy. So Ryeowook and Jessica knew each other.

"Not to mention that she is so pretty apart from being so talented. Her suitors can line up till the school gate and she is definitely the belle of the school!" Ryeowook was blabbering away.

Simply put in Ryeowook's words: Jessica is the acknowledged Princess of this school.

 Such a charming Princess would no doubt made the Ice Prince fell in love with her.

I heard from Sungmin and Ryeowook that Donghae liked Jessica.

"How do you two know that Donghae like Jessica?" I was curious.

"Oh this is very simple. Apart from you, did you see Donghae being so close to anyone?"

Sungmin gave me that 'Eunhyuk, you are so dense in your observation' look and I felt bad. 

But I found what they said to be quite logical.

Donghae was not those who was so unapproachable but because he hardly smile and nothing seemed to of interest to him, thus everyone in the class was concerned of Donghae's every moves. However, they were scared to go near him.

"And didn't you guys discover something?  Every time that Donghae is with Jessica, his moods seemed to be better although he still hardly smiles." Ryeowook chirped.

Talking of this, I recalled the look of peace and ease on Donghae.

Sungmin and Ryeowook were still gossiping away," I heard someone ever asked Jessica if she likes Donghae and she did not deny it."

So both of them liked each but we're just too shy for confession? Hmm should I do something about it?

I heard that Love is a magic who could make someone happy. So Donghae's Nightmare spirit could be exterminated soon.

Donghae only came into the class when classes was about to start. I wondered what had Jessica spoken to Donghae as he looked energetic.

When Donghae sat down,  I sent a message to him," Who is that girl? Why is she looking for you?"

Oh I forgot to mention that over the weekend, Donghae bought the handphone for me. I happened to tell Donghae about Sungmin seeing me alighting from his car and though Donghae did not say anything, I knew that he was not pleased. Whenever,  I looked for Donghae in school; Ryeowook and Sungmin would be hovering nearby, ready to scope some fresh gossip. And i could see that Donghae's expression turned dark..... So in order to facilitate communication in school and not to attract any unwanted attention, Donghae bought a handphone for me.

Donghae responded quite fast.

"A friend.  It's nothing as we are just chatting...."

"You seems to be quite happy...."

"Am I? "

Based on the past blunders that I had created,  I decided to be extremely careful before I sent the next message out.

"Do you like her?"

"Stop your nonsense!" The reply was instant.

I looked back and saw Donghae staring at his handphone and looked offended.

Seeing me, Donghae gave me his worst glare. His originally beautiful amber iris became bright and his face turned slightly red.

Was Donghae blushing? I found it very amusing because a blushing Donghae looked so cute. Hee Hee I decided to do something about it.

I am someone of my words and according to the gossiping diva Ryeowook, plus a torturing and painstakingly time, I managed to finish drafting a sincere confession letter before school ended. Of course I signed off as Donghae.

I checked a few times after I had finished so that nothing would link this letter back to me. Seeing Donghae snoozing on his desk, I sneaked out. I went towards the building of the Student council room.

The whole building was used by the Student Council and it was quite a distance away from the classrooms blocks. This was a rather deserted part of the school because hardly anyone came here except for the members of the Student Council.

I found out from Ryeowook that there were letterboxes at the notice board below the building. These boxes served as communication channel for the mass students to express their thoughts and suggestions to the Student Council. The respective letterboxes were being held in charge by respective representatives.

It was deserted during noon time because everyone had gone to the cafeteria for lunch and so no one would spot me here. Once I dropped this letter and Jessica would be so surprised after she read it, probably in the afternoon.

I was holding onto the blue envelope while I wslked to the noticeboard area. I pretended that I was seriously looking at the news and announcements pasted on the noticeboard while my eyes were secretly aiming at the letterboxes. 

President.... Public Relation. ... Sport.... Culture....

Ah ha! Arts department. So the letterbox was situated just below the President's letterboxes.

I stood around the noticeboard for a while longer and ensured that no one was around, I walled swiftly to the letterboxes and fished out the letter.

I pushed... squeeze...

Eh I was a bit nervous as my hands were shaking.

Calm down Eunhyuk. You are doing a good deed and so do not be nervous!

I took a deep breathe and used a bit of strength.

Ha ha mission accomplished!

I was happily looking at the letterbox while I clapped my hands.

"What are you doing?"

A loud male voice sounded and I jumped.

"Not..... nothing...." I placed my hands behind my back and turned around.

Oh what a handsome boy!

He was different in terms of looks from Donghae, he looked muscular and he was wearing a navy blue blazer while standing at the corner of a room. In his hand was a white cartoon lunchbox.

There was still a little baby fat on his cheeks and his face looked pinkish in the afternoon sunlight. His soft coffee coloured hair lie messily on his head and he looked like a dashing young Prince!

His crescent eyes were looking at me.... and at the letterboxes behind me.

'Thud thud' my heart felt. Oh gosh,  he didn't see anything right?

"You....."

The boy returned his gaze on me and something odd gleaned in his eyes. His lips curved upwards slightly and he walked towards me.

"I do not do anything. Really...You... seen wrongly." I ran off after saying that.

Oh no he must seen me. Why am I so unlucky?

The whole afternoon, I was distracted and nervous. I was so fearful that someone would come to the class and pointed at me," Yes! It was him who wrote this confession letter!"

Luckily, nothing happened till scholarship ended and I was relieved.