Chapter 10

The Dream Hunter

What did she want with Donghae? And why did it have to be this moment..... Arrgghhhh,  I bet Donghae did not have the intention to invite her for a dance and so she came up with this evil plan.

The other students were also watching their movement and soon shouts were heard," Oh, the Princess is going to confess?"

"Confess! Confess! Confess...."

"Ouch, we do not stand a chance anymore for Prince Donghae...."

Under the noise, Jessica merely smiled. Her action was no different from admission and everyone started to make more remarks.

My heart felt tighter...

Jessica was not going to confess to Donghae right? Thinking of this, I started regretting to participate in the campfire and dragged Donghae here.

Donghae glanced at Jessica and everyone. He did not say anything but nodded his head. They walked towards the far end of the beach.

I did not have any spirit to enjoy the fun but walked silently to the resting area and sat down. The deafening noise seemed to have disappeared from my hearing. My only view was the disappearing figures of them and th flickering campfire. I think I knew how Donghae must have felt when he was sitting dazingly at the campfire earlier....

Loneliness. Yes at this moment,  I felt all alone by myself. The surroundings were cut off from me and the one I cared about was so far away.

When they returned, Donghae's expression seemed weird but he resumed to stare blankly at the campfire. Just as he was doing before.

Jessica was busy getting someone to cut up the roast lamb and I seized the opportunity to sit next to Donghae. "What did Jessica want from you? Did she really confess to you? Do you like her as well?

Donghae frowned and gave me a strange look. He sighed," Jessica came to return me the handkerchief from that time. I have told you before that my relationship with her is not what you think."

"Oh is it? That's good."

I think I worried for nothing.

"What do you mean by good?" Donghae eyed me curiously.

"Nothing. Ha ha ha...." so long Jessica was not confessing to him, I felt a big rock off my shoulders.

"Pabo." Donghae mumbled and he ruffled my hair.

I did not care if I am a Pabo.  No matter what: Jessica did not confess and Donghae did not like her.

Donghae sighed and continued ruffling my hair. But why was Donghae sighing?

"Why..."

Before I could say anything, Jessica came to us. She was holding a big plate of roast meat in her right hand while holding a glass of drink in her left hand. She smiled at Donghae.

Why was the b*tch here again?

"Eunhyuk, pali.  I save the roast lamb leg for you!" Sungmin and Ryeowook were waving at me. Sungmin's mouth and hands were glowing with oil.

I looked at Jessica and Ryeowook. The food won the battle. Filling up my tummy was more important. Besides, Donghae had indicated that he was treating Jessica as a normal friend. I stood up and ran towards Sungmin and Ryeowook.

"They look so compatible together.  One is a handsome Prince while the other is a beautiful Princess!" Sungmin said while wolfing down his food.

"Nope. Their relationship is not what you guys think it is." I glared at Sungmin while taking a fierce bite on my lamb leg. I felt sourish  inside.

"Oh. You knew something don't you?" Sungmin used the back of his hand and wiped his mouth. He inched closer with a sinister smile," Spill the secret!"

"Donghae does not like Jessica." I muttered.

"How do you know?"

"Donghae said it himself....."

Ryeowook was eating his meat quietly all this while when he suddenly raised his head and stared hard at me. "Eunhyuk, don't tell me that you have fallen in love with Prince Donghae?"

WHAT?

"I... No. .. You dont utter nonsense." How on earth would I fall in love with Donghae?

"Are you sure? You were low spirited when Jessica took off with him. When he is back, you are beaming. Nothing can escape my eyes, you know." Ryeowook smirked.

"I....."

Am I really in love with Donghae?

"Yah. It can't be. Don't forget that Eunhyuk and Donghae are relatives." Sungmin spoke. 

"Oh yes. They are relatives. Ha haha.... I think too much " Ryeowook smiled like an idiot.

We were not relative at all. I was sulking in my head.

Sungmin and Ryeowook started gossiping while biting into their food. Their topic revolved round why was Jessica looking for Donghae? Would they stand a chance with Donghae since he did not like Jessica....

Something snapped in my head. Earlier on Donghae was lying to me. If Jessica was just to return his handkerchief, there was no need to go out of everyone's view. She could just return it to Donghae. If it was just returning a handkerchief,  why did they talk for so long?

What were they talking about?

Thinking of this, I was fuming and I looked at Jessica and Donghae. I did not know what Jessica whispered to Donghae but he raised his eye brows and looked at my direction with an unreadable expression...

Immediately, Donghae spoke something to Jessica and she got up reluctantly and left.

I was about to avert my view when Donghae waved at me while mouthing," Come here!"

I took a bite of my lamb leg before I ran towards Donghae with my plate. "Why did you ask me to come to you?"

Donghae was looking at me all the while. He stared hard at my face and seemed to want to find out something.

"You... did you do something stupid?"

Sh*t! Did Jessica tell Donghae that confession letter thingy?

"What stupid thing? Don't you dare accused me."

"Sure?" Donghae was still suspecting me. " Tell me about that confession letter?"

Sh*t Donghae knew!

I lowered my head and started playing with my good while answering, " What confession letter? I... I don't know anything."

Donghae did not say anything but he kept staring at me the whole night, making me going crazy and terrified. 

                         **************************

I though that the campfire night would make Donghae happier but I was wrong. His condition worsen. Something happened to him later!

That day during Math class.

The Math teacher called Donghae out to solve a problem on the black board.

Donghae was about to step up towards the blackboard when he tripped and fell.

"Arrgghhh..." The girls were shocked.

Initially, everyone assumed that Donghae had a fall and was a little shock. Even the Math teacher joked," Donghae was so emotional upon seeing the problem that he knew."

After a few seconds, there was no reaction from Donghae and everyone realized something was wrong.

The classroom turned into a chaotic state. The Math teacher was shocked, "Donghae? Lee Donghae? Oh no he fainted. Quick call the ambulance!"

Donghae was sent to the hospital and the Math teacher went along. Hence it was a self study period.

I wanted to go with Donghae but the Math teacher forbidden me. So I was having self studying in the classroom.

I had yet to recover from the injury from battling the Nightmare Spirit previously and so I stayed put.

I could never forget the looks on Donghae when he was pushed into the ambulance. His eyes were close and his face was very pale. His dark eyes were very obvious. I am worried about Donghae.

When the Nightmare Spirit evolved into a string state, it would be life threatening for Human. I knew about this but seeing Donghae collapsed earlier made me extremely worried.

I sneaked off to the washroom and failed the communicator.

"What!" Yesung hyung's tired voice sounded after a few seconds from the communicator.

"Hyung. Hyung. Where are you now? You say that you will rush over after settling the matter on your side! Donghae collapsed! Pali  hyung.  Else Donghae's life would be in danger! I... I...." I was speaking incoherently with Yesung hyung.  I did not realize that I was trembling.

"What happy Hyukkie? Who is Donghae? Don't panic and speak slowly." I think Yesung hyung was scared by me and hus tired voice changed.

Oh I had not tell Yesung hyung about Donghae's name.

"Donghae was the one being harassed by the big Nightmare Spirit. And he just collapsed in class earlier!  Hyung when can you come here?"

A loud sigh was heard from the communicator.  I realized hyung's tiredness in his voice," I am sorry hyung for you alway settling my problems and blunders."

"Yah if you did not get it any trouble or blunders, I will findeed it weird." Yesung hyung's comforting voice sounded.

I felt more guilty. If only I am more capable. .... Donghae would not have collapsed and Yesung hyung would not be so exhausted.

"Sorry...."

"Yah! Dun be despair. I had some teething problem that I needed some time to resolve before I can get to you. In the meantime, take care of yourself and remember not to go to the hospital! And not to go near anywhere that are dangerous! Do you hear me? "

"Hmmm." I answered sadly.

Donghae was warded for 2 days. The caretaker auntie who was looking after Donghae told me that he was unconscious.

Today I decided to slip to the hospital after school.

My intention was to suppress the uncomfortable feeling at hospital and left after ensuring that Donghae's condition was not critical. 

When I was at the door of Donghae's ward, I saw Jessica with a middle aged man inside. The middle aged man seemed familiar to me ad they were asking the doctor on Donghae's condition.

"Doctor, how is my son doing?" The middle aged man was dressed in dark grey business suit and he was worried.

He was Donghae's Appa.

I recalled the family photograph on Donghae's mobile phone. The years had not been cruel to Donghae's Appa. The only difference was that the gentle smiling man was intimidating now.

That road accident not only took Donghae's Umma away but also robbed away the happiness of the family.

"Mr Lee, your son collapse due to his lack of sleep. Also he was diagnose with mild depression. This required assistance and cooperation from the family for treatment else it could spiralled into something serious.

"Depression?"

Donghae's Appa seemed shocked at the doctor's reply. "Isn't my son having insomnia? I am very busy and hardly at home. I heard from my servants that my son occasionally had insomnia but everything was fine. How old my son have depression?:

"Long term insomnia can be one of the symptoms of depression. The real cause of depression is numerous. Most of the patient who developed depression had experienced something tragic in their life or having great emotion upset. It could also be long term loneliness or neglect. .."

I sensed Donghae's Appa stunned when the doctor mentioned experienced something tragic. I saw a sudden fleeing pain in his eyes.

I think the doctor noticed it too as he ended the topic.

Donghae's Appa watched over the unconscious Donghae. "What should I do?" He asked the doctor.

"The family need to accompany the patient so as to open up his heart.... Medication is just a secondary help which can't really cure the root cause."

After the doctor left,  Jessica helped Donghae's Appa to the sofa and comforted him," Uncle, you do not have to worry too much. Donghae will definitely recover.

Donghae's Appa looked at Jessica and he appeared to have aged quite a bit. "Jessica, your Appa and me are long time friend and I always regard you as my daughter. You heard what the doctor had said and I asked you to speak to Donghae about it. So have you talk to Donghae and what was his reaction?"

Ah Jessica's Appa was a close friend with Donghae's Appa. No wonder Donghae did not distant himself from Jessica like he did to the others.

"Uncle, Donghae is my friend too and I cared about him." Jessica obediently spoke while looking at Donghae. "I spoke to Donghae about it while we were have a school event at the beach. He could not accept it."

Beach... school event.... it was the camping then.

I detected tgat Donghae was relaxing himself at the event but he changed after Jessica came to speak to him. I suspected that Donghae's collapse could be due to their conversation on that day.

"I had no choice but to ask you for help on it. I talked to Donghae about getting a new Umma for him and he hung up my call abruptly  he even refused to pick my all calls thereafter. He had a bad temper." Donghae's Appa sighed.

Now I knew why Donghae's Appa did not call him so it was Donghae who rejected his calls. I thought that he was moody because his Aapa did not contact him.

Wait. Did Donghae's Appa mention about getting a new Umma for Donghae? Donghae's Appa was going to remarry? Was this the real reason that Donghae was unhappy about? So that was why Donghae was saying those things at the campfire?

"Appa travel all over the world because of his growing business. He had lesser and lesser time at home. I assumed that Appa did not want to come home because he hated me for killing Umma. But.... it was not so... I rather him hating me instead..." Donghae preferred his Appa to hate him than to remarry.

My heart ached.

" Uncle don't worry. Donghae will understand your actions for him. " Jessica comforted.

Donghae's Appa wanted to say something but his mobile phone rang. He spoke a few sentence and stood up," Jessica, I had something cropped up with my business in Singapore and so I need your help to look after Donghae."

"Uncle, I will and please be careful yourself."

I ran a short distance away from the door when I saw that Donghae's Appa was leaving. I pretended to be a passerby coming to the hospital to visit someone.

I wondered if it was my guilty conscious at play because I felt that Donghae's Appa looked at me when he passed by me.

I expected Jessica to leave after Donghae's Appa left but she went to wet a towel and wiped Donghae's face.

Yah! How could that b*tch took advantage of the unconscious Donghae. Just when was Jessica going to leave because she was taking advantage of Donghae under the disguise of helping Donghae's Appa to take care of him.

Yah! I am fuming mad and I really wanted to stormed inside and chased her away. But I am not related to Donghae.....

Suddenly I felt uncomfortable and tightness in my chest. It could not be like what Ryeowook said! I fell in love with Donghae!

Slowly I felt the negative energy getting stronger and was enveloping me....