Prologue

10 Steps On Moving On

You spun around in front of the floor length mirror playing with the fabric of your wedding dress and you smiled thinking that when you leave this church in a short while you will be a Mrs., someone’s wife…and everything will change from then on.

 

Today is the day most girls dream about, the day they waited and planned for their whole lives.  The day when you’re dressed in the most beautiful white gown and a veil draping over your pretty face like a mist you have long imagined since you were a little girl.  The day when you made sure everything matched, to the bridesmaids dresses to the sashes of your little flower girls, to the flowers adorning the halls.  Everything matched.  Everything perfect.  It is the day when you will take the longest walk in your entire life to meet the man you love at the front end of the church, to exchange your vows sweetly while looking at his handsome face lovingly promising to love him for the rest of your life until death or even after.

 

You heard someone say the day you marry is the day when you really start living and in all other days before that you merely just existed.  Today was meant to be the happiest day in your life…the day when your life would finally start.

 

Its twenty-two minutes before four.  Twenty-two minutes more and you’ll be walking down the aisle.  The door to the bride’s chamber opens and your groom unexpectedly appears from the other side looking more nervous than he has ever been before.  Your veil fuzzled over everything else and all you could see is your groom.  You raised your eyebrows in question and he just shook his head as he walked towards you swallowing a huge lump on his throat.

 

He sat you down, held your hands in his and told you he realized quite late into the game that he was after all not in love with you and that he didn’t want to marry you or spend the rest of his life with you…and that he was sorry…but he’s leaving you.

 

Today was meant to be the happiest day in your life…the day when your life would finally start.