The Ball

Sungmin-erella
The ball
Sungmin is a nervous wreck the hole ride to the castle. Upon arriving he's mystified by how marvelous. When the carriage stopped, Sungmin walks out, going up to the entrance, he sees other late arriving patronsto the party and smikes. Straightening his back, he tries to carry himself with sophistication and authority, like he has done many times before his father re-married. Walking to the guars, he gives his name.

"Lee Sungmin, son of the deceased Lee Hyukjae." he says. The the guard steps away, he bows walking inside. Its easy finding the ball room. He notices that everyone is standing around and chatting amongst themselves, drinking the wine and snacks. When a server approaches, Sungmin takes a glass of wine sipping on it. He smiles enjoying the refined taste, a burgundy.

Sungmin spots his family, Ryeowook looks really cute, almost like a doll, and Heechul like a y cat. Looking around he sees other dressed in different styles. As he finishes his glass of wine, Sungmin feells a little calmer. Sungmin lookes towards the stair way as everything crows quiet. The King and Queen are standing on opposite sides of the balcony as he makes his speech.

"We thankyou all for coming to this lovely ball. We hope you all enjoy yourselves today and find a happy ending. As you all know, today is the day, that our son, Prince Kyuhyun will choose his bride. But we hope everyone a happ ending. With that, let the festivities begin." When the King finishes, the two bowing, the walk away to sit in the grand chairs overlooking the ball room and soon, the Prince, dressed in blacks and whites walks down.

Sungmin feels his face heat up and his heart beat quicken. The prince is very handsome and attractive. Tall and lean with the right amount of muscle. His eyes a dark in color. They shine brightly with happiness but there's something behind them, mischeviousness? that draws Sungmin in. Beginning to approach, Sungmin notices all the other patrons beginning to swarm the prince.

Sungmin shakes his head to himself, he didn't even come here for the prince, he came to just simply experience something masgical like this. Walking around he meets a few other patrons, some very kind and some not so kind. But that didn't stop Sungmin from being his kind self.

As the ball went on, Sungmin dances with many people all the while avoiding his family. That is until the prince approaches him and they start to dance. All eyes always fell on the prince, and those eyes on him felt like they're on Sungmin making him feel uncomfortable. Once the song ends, Sungmin bows, as he moves to head outside to get some air.

The prince follows, holding two glasses of wine, handing one to Sungmin who accepts it greatfully. Leaning against the railing he smiles sweetly to the prince thanking him as he takes a sip.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Kyuhyun asks the blond male.

Sungmin sets the cup on his lips, a soft smile grazing his features, "I am." he says softly.

Seeing the smile on the others face, Kyuhyun can feel his heart beat fasten. Ever since Kyuhyun descended the stairs and caught sight of the blonde, he felt a strong attraction to him. "Thats good. Did you come here with someone?" he asks, wanting to get to know him.

"I came on my own." he says noticing the prince looking at him causing Sungmin's cheeks to tint pink.

Kyuhyun smiles at seeing the faint pink tint on the boys cheeks. "Then are you single?" he asks him curiously as he tries to court him.

Hearing the question, Sungmin's cheeks turn a darker color. "I am." he admits shyly needing to look away from the handsome male.

Kyuhyun chuckles, finding the male cute. "Whats your name?" Kyuhyun asks as he moves closer to the other.

"Sungmin." he says shyly scooting a bit away.

Soon the clock tower chimes. Looking up, Sungmin's eyes widen. "I'm so sory but I have to go." he says as he tries to run. 11:59. One minute until midnight.

Seeing the change in the other, Kyuhyun reaches out grasping his hand. "Wait!" he calls but the other pulls his hand back.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not who you think I am." Sungmin says not even noticing the ring that slips off his thumb.

Running through the ballroom and out of the castle, he makes back to his carriage. "Pali pali" he tell them to hurry quickly back to his house. Just as he makes it back to his house, and immediately after he gets out of the carriage, the magic disappears and Sungmin is left back into his rags and black hair. Sighing tears stream down his cheek with a sad smile. Walking into his house, he glances at the castle, "Thankyou Prince Cho." he says softly to himself as he walks inside closing door behind him. Sungmin walks into his room not bothering to change his rags as he heats up the wood stove. Laying on the floor he closes his eyes and dreams of his magical miracle at the castle.
 
author's note
Where all of you waiting for this much like I was?