Dance With the Past

Temptation

Taeyeon hung up the phone and got inside the elevator. She took a long hard look at her reflection in the mirror, she still had that same expressionless face, however she felt something that she had never felt before. She felt unsure. She looked at the mirror, she pointed to herself. "If we're doing this, there will be rules, or better yet, one rule..." she muttered, "no killing" she let out as the elevator door opened and she got out, walking inside the car park towards her car. Meanwhile, Seohyun who had left Taeyeon's home was running as fast as she could toward the meeting room, she opened the door and sat at the back of the dimmed room. The team was looking at a presentation, in the wall, there was a photograph of a man, Seohyun felt a slap on the arm she looked to the side and it was Lee Sunkyu. "You! Didn't I tell you not to take too long" she whispered trying not to disturb. "Sorry boss, but who is that man? And what are we doing here?".
"Did you forget? We're part of the new task force, together with Hyoyeon and apparently her prosecutor girlfriend, orders from up high..." She said, a bit aprehensive.
Seohyun looked at her, she could feel that she was nervous about something. "And the man?" 
"That's U-Know Yunho and once, he was the worst scourge this city ever had" Sunny said as she looked at his picture, worry on her expression. "Yunho, Yunho...?" Seohyun pondered, then she suddenly looked at her boss. "Isn't that the criminal you put away?" Seohyun asked looking at Sunny, she was facing forwards, looking at the picture of the man being shown. She nodded slowly. "But I had a lot of help..." She whispered thinking back on Tiffany Hwang and Kim Taeyeon, she had this gut feeling, she couldn't quite explain what it was. She looked at Seohyun who was listening to the officer present what the Task-Force duties would be, "Seohyun, after this, you're gonna tell me more about your sister" Seohyun looked back at her and nodded before giving her a slight smile. Suddenly, someone came into the room and walked toward the front, passing Seohyun and Sunny, they looked to see who it was. Kwon Yuri walked towards the front, she was carrying files in her arms, she put them on the desk and instructed the officer beside her to distribute them to everyone. She surveyed the room, the team had about 10 people but only 4 of them mattered. Lee Sunkyu, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and herself, the rest were mainly people she brought in to aid them rather than expect any real talent. Yuri looked at Seohyun, she had read her file, she excelled at her job. Before starting to speak, Yuri gave a long look at Lee Sunkyu, Sunny as she had called her back in the day when they both had just started as Prosecutor and Officer. How many years had it been? Together they had put quite a few criminals behind bars. Yuri then started giving her briefing to her new team about their target.

Hyoyeon got into a bedroom and opened the windows and pulled back the curtains, a groaning Yoona covered her face in the covers due to the light. "Get up! The bus for the academy is here" Hyoyeon said as she started putting Yoona's clothes into a small duffel bag. "What, are you ing kidding me?! I thought you were just threatening me" Yoona blurted out as she sat up and threw the covers aside. "Well you thought wrong, I'm sending you to the academy, I'm tired of babysitting you, specially when you're not some talentless person, on the contrary!" Hyoyeon said with a disappointed twang to her voice. "Too bad I have to live in your shadow." Yoona whispered. Hyoyeon suddenly stopped, she looked at her, she walked up to the bed and sat beside her. "You don't live in my shadow, all I ever wanted was for you to do your best, be your best, which I know you can, I don't need you to be better than me, I just need you to be you" Hyoyeon said as she looked into Yoona's eyes. Yoona was looking at her but suddenly looked down. "Please Yoona, I can't keep going after you everytime you do something out of life, I'll eventually not be as present as I am, I'll marry Yuri, we'll have our own home and I'll be a bit more distant, although I would never abandon you, I will not be able to babysit you forever" Hyoyeon said in a calm tone as she patted Yoona's head. Yoona gave a slight smile. "Okay..." She whispered. 

Jessica sat in her office she was looking through an old file, with pictures, there she was, as a child, with many other girls around her. It felt like family back then, even if they had none. She then looked at another picture, she was older, and the girl with her was hugging her while they were in a nightclub; suddenly, Taemin came in. "Boss, we have everyone ready" Jessica snapped out of it and put the file back in her drawer, she locked it putting the key in her pocket. "Let's go, we're gonna end this" Jessica said as she left the office with Taemin in tow. He looked at her and he hesitated in askiing which made Jessica blurt out: "What?! Say it"
"Boss, you know I'd follow you anywhere but you know that, this will mean going to war with Yunho" Taemin said hesitantly. "I know, that's exactly what I want" She said as she went into a room full of men. "Big Sister!" They said in unison. "Prepare everything, we're going to war." She said. The men started getting all manners of weapons ready with Jessica too helping them pack. 

Sunny and Yuri were sitting inside Lee Hyori's office. "Lee Sunkyu" The older woman let out. "Is what you're saying true?"
Sunny sighed deeply. "Yes, she has a fiancé, they were going to get married, I helped her...and now she has disappeared, we owe her" Sunny said as she looked at Hyori who ed her jacket whilst sitting down. "Who is this Hwang Mi Young?" Yuri suddenly asked, she was sitting and reading a file that Sunny had. "It is exactly what is there, she was Yunho's favourite woman. She was young and rebellious, back then she also had a real bad relationship with her family, but mostly, she just hung around the wrong crowd you know..." Sunny said reminiscing. "We had a raid in a hostess bar, we knew that Yunho or at least some of his lieutenants would be there, instead, we found Hwang Mi Young and some other girls, someone had snitched and the men weren't coming" Sunny said.
"So she was Yunho's girlfriend?" Yuri said. "If there could be such a thing as the girlfriend of a drug dealer, she was his woman, but mostly, she was naive." Hyori said.
"We brought her back to the station and interrogated her, although she knew she was in it with a heavy crowd she had no idea what happened backstage, I told her about all the things her "boyfriend" was involved in. She was real scared after that" Sunny said.
"Then what?" Yuri asked. "Then she saw something she shouldn't have seen and because of that she met someone...somone she said made it worth it to leave such people behind her, she told me...she told me she wanted to look clean to that person, because they would not judge her" Sunny said, with tears coming to her eyes.
"Sunny..." Yuri let out. "And that person is this woman? Kim Taeyeon?" Hyori let out. "She looks, normal, very normal" Hyori said. "Too normal" Yuri let out.
"She seems like a good person" Sunny said. "So what now, we also search for this Tiffany?" Yuri asked. "Sunkyu, although I understand that you feel like you owe this woman something, she did what she did out of choice, obviously it is the job of the police to search for missing people, but right now, your job is putting Yunho back behind bars" Hyori said. Sunny looked at her and at Yuri, she nodded. "I feel that we'll find her if we keep digging in" Sunny said. Yuri looked at the picture of Kim Taeyeon. "You spoke with her fiancé?" She asked. "Yes, we did, apparently she's Seohyun's older sister" Sunny said. "Sister's? They look nothing alike..." Yuri said wondering. "Wonder where she is now..." She questioned while looking at the picture. 

Taeyeon looked at the card Kim Mu Jin Photographer, there was a phone number and an address. Taeyeon used the phone that was left by Tiffany to call that number. No one picked up. Then she called the last number that had been called on it. A man picked up. "Hello customer, I am calling from..." Taeyeon pretended to be telemarketing. The call was terminated before she could finish her sentence. it was okay, she wasn't expecting much. She stopped her car outside of what seemed to be an old mall, she walked inside, most of the stores had closed down. The place was mostly deserted. She continued walking across the corridors. Then to her left she noticed a store, more like an office. There were 3 men inside. She hid in the corner and waited. Grabbing the phone, first, she called the number on the card. The phone rang, the store phone, she kept looking just to makes sure it wasn't a coincidence. One of the men got up, walked to the phone and picked it up. "Hello? This is Kim Mu-Jin." He blurted out. Taeyeon hung up. He put the phone down on its rest and kicked the desk. "Aish, these girls are so annoying, if you're going to take these kinds of pictures just do it, why think about it, am I right?" He let out frustrated. One of the men looked at him, "This is Kim Mu Jin" He jested making an impression of him. The man looked at him "Oi, you wanna die?" he let out, but it was mainly jokingly. Taeyeon kept looking at them. The man resumed his seat, reading a newspaper, suddenly a fourth one made his way into the store, come from another corridor, he opened the glass window and got inside, Taeyeoen was able to see what was happening clearly through the windows. The fourth man brought food. Taeyeon looked at him and suddenly she noticed something. He was the man that had come to deliver the package, when Tiffany disappeared. He sat down and put down the Jjangmyeon and Jjambong bowls for all four of them on the table. They all sat around it and each man took a bowl. He rolled his shirt sleeves up in order to get stained, that's when Taeyeon noticed, the tattoos. He was also well built, like a martial artist or an athlete, which was why when he was delivering the package he seemed so awkward to her.
Taeyeon suddenly felt someone grab her shoulder and try to turn her, she grabbed the hand and reversed it going behind the back of the person who grabbed her, she put a hand on the person's mouth and quickly tackled them to the ground, she choked them until they passed out. She put her fingers to the young man's neck, he was still alive. She dragged him behind a door that seemed to be for staff and left him there. She went back to her stakeout next to the corner, she looked at the store again. The four men were still happily eating. Taeyeon grabbed the cellphone again and called the last number contacted again. The phone of the guy who had pretended to be a delivery man started ringing. He picked it up. Taeyeon hung up. Put the phone firmly in her pocket and closed her fist tightly. She was, angry, or at least as close as to what she thought anger was. She walked in the direction of the store. The men continued eating. She went into one of the stalls next to the store and grabbed a small chair and threw it against the glass windows, shattering them. The men were startled. "Ya! Who the are you?" One of them blurted out. 
"Same question I have for you" Taeyeon let out, her fist still closed in anger. 
 

In the hills somewhere on the outskirts of town, Jessica looked at the bottom of a quarry. There were several containers and trailers. "And you say that the women are down there?" Jessica said to Taemin who was next to her. "Yes boss"  Taemin promptly answered.

"Good" Jessica let out as she grabbed a baseball bat and started making her way down, with her men following. 

Credits: Camille Saint Saens - Danse Macabre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM&ab_channel=DistantMirrors